PDA

View Full Version : Drift Allstars RD4 ROMANIA Trip.

keith-n
24-03-12, 11:49
I'm organising my bro Martins stag for RD4 of DRIFT ALLSTARS Constantsa Stadium,Romania August 17-19th. This shit will be epic. I'll also organise a few extra spots for anyone of the irish drift community who wants to attend. A few of the Team Manfoot crew will be tagging along, and anyone here who wants to attend also is welcome to. I'm currently working on the flights / Accom prices.

Obviously you won't be wanting to join in the stag but may like the idea of reduced rates for the group booking. That said, yer ,more than welcome to come down vodka with us.

I have been adv by drift allstars that hotels are approx 40 p/n and 15 entry, but the hotel price should drop as we'll look to take out somewhere for ourselves. Have made contact with Air lingus / other carriers on pricing for group. Have contacts with an irish bar owner in Bucharest.

Vid below is of the Drift grand prix they ran last year in parliment sq for anyone who lives under a rock.

http://vimeo.com/aatomotion/driftgp

Kruizer
24-03-12, 12:51
Myself and three of the lads would be up for this Keith, pm me details and prices...

keith-n
24-03-12, 14:04
Myself and three of the lads would be up for this Keith, pm me details and prices...

Just figured out (i'm a dumb blonde today) that rd4 clashed with PD TYRONE. Will look at other Allstars dates possibly as the lads wont go on this if it clashed with PD for obvious reasons. I'll look at the other dates etc......

I was Just waiting for eoin hawthorn's mate to get back to us about accom etc as he owns a bar there. I've just emailed airlingus re flights. Prob be a week or so before i've an update.

So far it'd be kruizer +3
Keith
Chuck G
Eoin
Famous Jh
Niall Mc

Stag party (8?)

All of the above is prov as nothing can be set as no prices this far but approx 16 with just that much names thus far.

Also, wedding is 9sept. So the oct romania grand prix is out. Unless we decide to do the stag elsewhere and we can book the grandprix in oct as a seperate outing for us driftfans.

We did consider the idea before the stag party was included of a few of us chip in our flights money and buy an oul minibus on the cheap and road trip it to romania. Circa 2.5kms shared over 6/8 drivers. Be a hell of alot cheap, would take longer but would be a once in a lifetime experience (and hopefully not because it was torture)

I'll add you on the facebook and we'll come to a decision over the multi chat with chucky and co in the next few days.

topdog
24-03-12, 14:06
Id be very interested in this also dude, could you pm me details and prices also.

Thanks

keith-n
24-03-12, 14:19
Id be very interested in this also dude, could you pm me details and prices also.

Thanks

Will do once a decision is made. Hold tough, i'll get crackin ASAP.

keith-n
24-03-12, 14:29
At this point it looks like we'll work on booking the Allstars romania event in OCTOBER. That'd be the event Brendan stone won last year. This would be drift fans and no stag crew.

I'll do something else for stag

Opinions..............

Kruizer
24-03-12, 14:32
Romania FTW !!!

MissSuz
24-03-12, 14:43
Going In Oct .... Its actually going to be Epic! ;)

Flights atm are like €213 but im thinking they will come down and ill book the shit outta them :D

hoopsbhoy
24-03-12, 14:58
Myself and a few were just talking about this last night, I would love to head out there, I would need a good few things and dates to fall into place for me to be able to go but I find it very hard to say no to a trip.

topdog
24-03-12, 17:16
Will do once a decision is made. Hold tough, i'll get crackin ASAP.

great stuff october is good for me! If you want to give me a txt about it or fb gimme a ring or add me on fb (that sound fair gay!) but anyway ya kiel fitzgibbon 0851044846

Cheers dude

Drift Allstars
28-03-12, 14:04
Hey guys
Good to see some travelling over, some others worth looking at

RD 5 -Hungary Maripocs is 5 days later and a serious spot too
RD 6 -Malta Is the finals always a big event and one of the best produced, good night life there! English speaking

October DGP Romania Start of october is by far the biggest event in europe.Night life - you wont go wrong for a stag...

keith-n
28-03-12, 23:52
Hey guys
Good to see some travelling over, some others worth looking at

RD 5 -Hungary Maripocs is 5 days later and a serious spot too
RD 6 -Malta Is the finals always a big event and one of the best produced, good night life there! English speaking

October DGP Romania Start of october is by far the biggest event in europe.Night life - you wont go wrong for a stag...

We've decided to keep it simple for the stag, as not all will be drift fans and lumbering them with a trip to romania/hungary/malta is a bit of an ask in these times so the 02 is the most likely choice.

We are currently making a list for real drift fans to make the trip to romania for the OCT meeting. I wont post until i have more details as this one was a little premature. Either way i'll get th 02, ireland and romania oct.

keith-n
28-03-12, 23:54
Romania FTW !!!

Yep and as Said, the OCT event is the pick of the bunch. Gives us alot of time to prepare and make sure its done right.

keith-n
28-03-12, 23:55
Going In Oct .... Its actually going to be Epic! ;)

Flights atm are like €213 but im thinking they will come down and ill book the shit outta them :D

Who invited you :p

But you are correct, it will be fucking awesome.

Greg
29-03-12, 06:03
Myself and Kelly would be fairly interested in the Romania trip, Keith. Hurry on and sort it out. :p

keith-n
29-03-12, 06:58
Myself and Kelly would be fairly interested in the Romania trip, Keith. Hurry on and sort it out. :p

Jee's.... its in oct loike :p

Once Driftfest 2 is out of the way i'll have more time to work on it. Already have the wheels in motion for some part of it.

MissSuz
08-04-12, 18:42
Who invited you :p

But you are correct, it will be fucking awesome.

I invited myself :)

Keep us posted on updates/idea's tho as if its a group thing it will save us all a few quid :):)

Any Idea when ye are booking flights? Sooner the better or would they be cheaper last min.com?

MissSuz
08-04-12, 18:59
atm flights direct from Dublin to Bucharest are €168 non stop flight.

over €300 from Cork.

Thats Flying over Thursday and home Monday :)

hoopsbhoy
22-09-12, 09:40
Anyone have any information on this, apparently its been "postponed"?????????

Not impressed, flights and hotel paid for already.

jincam
22-10-12, 18:39
Just home from constanta man I work at the windturbines and we're doing a massive job ten minutes from constanta its bout 3 hours from bucharest airport. Lived in it for 4 months there and got to see the drifting in a big shopping centre carpark at the end of the summer mental people. If you need hotel numbers I've got two brothers still working over there and I know a man that would lift you at the airport to constanta