PDA

View Full Version : Mondello 19/03/2012 Practice Day Afterthoughts

DaveZigen
19-03-12, 19:44
Awesome day today everybody seemed to be flying and not too much carnage! Nice weather (although the wetting of the track makes it no odds:mad:) Felt sorry for the guys who had mechanical issues like Ste and Git but some nice cars on display on track and in the paddock. Great turnout!:)

What did everybody think!

ste
19-03-12, 20:36
ah i had a shit day enjoyed my 3 laps :( forgot how fuckin borin it was just watchin lol...

dave the car looks cool really does, some cars today loved the sr20 impreza looks so weird drifting :) and the wheels on the jzx81 ;) prob too wide to be drifting on...

some very good pilots i must say but also some near misses out there, 1 pro drift driver in particular overtaking mid drift in some ropey enough places on track puttin less experienced drivers under pressure but thats just my opinion

podgedun
19-03-12, 20:53
Well I had an unbelievable fun, Car ran grand, blew off a boost pipe few times and power steerin belt came off but other than that was ok,

It was my first time drifting on a track but i was happy with it, I hit the tires a few times but i don mind body damage at all, Hope i didn get in too many ppls way,

Yeah ste i agree i see one pro driver pass me out while driftin and i thought he was gonna hit me,

Any one got any pictures???

Newsome
19-03-12, 20:57
Had a fairly eventful day now to say the least. Morning sesion was a disaster but after lunch the car was flying. Got a few good entries under the bridge at around 150k :D Plenty of good drivers there and sweet cars. Shame to see so many mechanical issues do. But i certainly enjoyed myself.

Podge were you driving the green 14?

Darren
19-03-12, 20:59
had a fantastic day car ran perfectly and i didnt slap it off anything so im happy out.

podgedun
19-03-12, 21:00
Yep i was, ya were behind for a while until i let you on,

joey banana s14
19-03-12, 21:36
seen a bit in the evening....few great drivers dave egan was flying,s14 greeny bluey colour awesome,alan farral as usual,the ca 200sx had me erect with its entries,paul murphy was just mad as usual ,newsome going very well awesome entries and gary d was flying today and that car is MINT,,,many more...going to be a great year for drifting lads

B.Egan
19-03-12, 21:39
Had a great morning today and feel alot better in the car now. The Maxsport tyres on the front made a massive difference. But after lunch the fuel situation got worse and worse, with power coming and going, even with a completely full tank, so just left it before damage was done. Hopefully its all right. Fairplay to Dave on the wall running, and great to see it click with him. Should be the end of the carnage hopefully!

And as ever a massive thanks to Dan Moorhead, Wes and all the WKD crew for all their amazing help. felt like pros with the cars arriving in the truck! :D

Should have some go pro footage too once Marty gets around to it. Pity for Ste and Chris...but atleast its better going now, than in practice at RD1.

gary d
19-03-12, 21:44
i had i good day today. car went very well today, it made a big difference after wes set it up and got the car mapped last month aswell :D

had a small tip this mornin off the tyres but wasn too bad.
wetting the track was annoyin but not much we can do about it.

some good driving today by alot of lads.

roll on the next day :cool:

Greg
19-03-12, 21:46
Had an interesting afternoon with a couple of hairy moments, spins, avoidance techniques around random bodywork parts, and a having a dead car for a few minutes. I was rusty as fuck and the old confidence was low as fuck, but I was getting the hang of it again near the end, and just about nailed the big entry into Honda, which I will definitely get the next day.

Paul Murphy was flying, as was Dave Egan, Some pretty cool cars there today and this years PD looks like it'll be a good 'un. Roll on the next day. :)

Deco84
19-03-12, 21:46
Went down in the afternoon for a look it didn disappoint was standin right at the pit wall when the brown 13 hit the navy m3 hard look to the two lads . There was a baby blue 14 missin the wall by centimetres great drivin the red over black 13 with the flamer kit was savage to watch aswell . Greg was flyin in the chaser your a brave man lol all in all a good day for the spectator .
Roll on the next one

haydomiata
19-03-12, 21:47
mondello 19/03/12 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJbZp7YMhTQ&noredirect=1)
a lil vid i took up there today only caught a few people but you get the jist :P

Deco84
19-03-12, 22:17
19/3/12 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-9xhVuYlTk&feature=youtube_gdata_player)

alan180sx
19-03-12, 23:29
Had a great day first time out in car in 8 months an it didnt skip a beat am delighted. ave to say the engine built by driftma(garage wang) is jus perfect........

Me an nickae86 wer stuck to each other most da day was epic

Dunnedriftin
19-03-12, 23:30
Where to start.... Great day, pitty it ended early for me but i think it was best off maby before i did some ''real'' damage!!

Took me a while to get back used to the car, totally different car to drive with so much grip compared to when i last was in mondello is unreal!! Dan moorhead did a nice setup on the car both front & rear!, just need to sort out a new ps pump & a couple of ps belts

Had 2 small tips with the exact same tire bale on the esses, first was the drivers wing & then was backwards into them, no major damage but that wetting the track is stupid! 2 laps & it was starting to dry up i got so much grip in places on the track, more than lightly thats half the reason i had a small tip...

Had a good few good runs with dave egan, nearly christening your paint work at one stage but had a savage bit of craic with you!

Paul Murphy, couldnt ask for a nicer guy offering to take his powersteering belt of his car, then going put it on my car so i could get out in my sessions & then switch it back over for his! couldnt ask for a nicer lad to offer that!

Big thanks to WKD imports / wesley keating & dan moorhead... the help they both have given me with the car & today has been a big help to me!!

B&G Extreme Drifting
20-03-12, 00:08
good day spectatin enjoyed myself big time..paul murphys car is the beast is this the pro driver you's are talkin bout?
nickae86, is this nicky @ team manfoot he was the smokiest today and well agressive as feic!! winner for me alot of good pilots there buts that typical of the irish lads now
as for wettin the track wat a load of ......i know its noise restriction and that but seriously sickner!!

s15_spec_r
20-03-12, 08:58
Great day spectating. Paul murphy absolutly tearing it up wet track or not. Great driving from the egan bros. The wetting the track is insane and it always happend on the same group. And whoever was driving the white s15 would want to have a good look to see how many cars are coming against him the next time he decide to spin the car around. Was very close...

Greg
20-03-12, 09:38
Myself, Simon, and another fella nearly creamed him out of it on the straight at one stage. Kelly caught that crash between the BMW and S13 on camera, she'll upload the sequence later.

s15_spec_r
20-03-12, 11:02
I seen ya flashin em alryt da twat. Brown s13 be bought cheap now :p

ste
20-03-12, 11:21
Brendan burkes 13 ?? Greddy graphics

Deco84
20-03-12, 11:28
Yeah that one Ste he drove off wAsnt too serious though I'd say it was easy fixed

skinnynphats200
20-03-12, 11:40
Pretty bad day yesterday for me. Kept having boost pipe issues.
We changed the setup on the car too for this, felt like a completely different car and will take a little getting used to. a lot more grip in the dry.

As for the wet track :mad: Kept washing out transitioning coming into Honda on entry and then just stopped trying in fear of hitting the car, front tyres with feck all thread left and being edgy after the crash last weekend end in tullow didn't help!

Group E got the wet track every time, I felt they excessively wet it yesterday more so than usual - didn't anybody else think this?
Also I felt group E had much shorter sessions than group D.

Paul Murphy, Nicky Hallahan, Jay an Gary (considering the underpowered ca) were all going well.

Cheers to Git and Eoin for sorting me out with hosing to get the car back running.

s15_spec_r
20-03-12, 14:25
I thought it was just me thinkin the track was overly wet. Instead of it bein dampend there was a layer of surface water. Rediculous

Keli
20-03-12, 14:34
I'm just uploading my pics now, should have them up in an hour or so :)

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w63/naturally-dizzy/1051377.gif

gregg gammell
20-03-12, 19:15
It was a joke how wet it was.i was in group e and i also felt that we got less track time

Baz_180
20-03-12, 20:44
I had a great day out yesterday really enjoyed it. I went way better in the morning with a full tank of E5 and octane booster which only lasted till lunch unfortunately, had to run to the shop at lunch for more petrol. The car didnt run as well in the afternoon with standard 95 and a mani to turbo gasket blow. My diff gave up just at 5o'clock with was a bit of a sickener but at least it was near the end.

I thought they wet the track abit too much and some parts dried way faster making it tricky. The up side though didn't burn much rubber! Group E seemed to get a good few red flags I was in group D and don't think we got any, maybe that's why it seemed we got more track time.

Some great driving done the red and black s13 and light blue s14 were unreal they were either behind or in front of me on track, anyone know who they were? I thought Si was going very well one the fc from the small bit of group E I saw Mark Keane also.

B.Egan
20-03-12, 21:42
Some great driving done the red and black s13 and light blue s14 were unreal they were either behind or in front of me on track, anyone know who they were?
Alan Farrell in the S13, Sam Farrell in the light blue s14

git
20-03-12, 21:46
yea im takin up the bikes feck this driftin crack ..........had the track sumed up in 5 laps so headed home :kiss:

PeterT
20-03-12, 23:29
was up for a look as usual, wasnt anything tooooo mental to be watching really? dave egan going well was good watching him run the wall! the flames out of that red and black were nice to look at :D

headed home early as myself and the lady friend in company were tired...interesting drive home with me jules miguel and mate craig in his m5 and me in the cef :D

PeterT
20-03-12, 23:30
ps keli, thats cool!!

Gallo11
21-03-12, 01:12
pete i was in the m5 too...dnt forgt me...haha! :)

PeterT
21-03-12, 01:25
That is correct haha, see how tired I was!!

sparkie09
21-03-12, 08:24
went up for de evenin part lad's and it was feckin brill some power in paul's car some pilot too. Roll on de next one..

Keli
21-03-12, 11:12
ps keli, thats cool!!

lol, i try

and ps. i hope you got over your assault :p

PeterT
21-03-12, 14:15
I recovered soon after thank god :)

Keli
21-03-12, 15:51
I recovered soon after thank god :)

lol good
but that was a warning, youll know better next time ;)