PDA

View Full Version : quick question on splitting wheels

alan opel
15-03-12, 00:02
well lads quick one on splitting wheels, if im keeping mine im gona paint them, i split a set of mesh before an put them back together, just banged out and in the centre, i dont wana go to hassle a takin tyres off etc, will i b able to just take the centre out my vs xx ? or will the centre bead split? are they welded or glued? how will i no if there 2 or 3 piece? if there 3 peice obviosly il need to reseal them etc ? any info appreciated lads!

skelly
15-03-12, 00:10
the center should just pop out wen u unbolt it man i took a couple off them apart and wen i took out the bolts the center came out

B&G Extreme Drifting
17-03-12, 19:02
well lads quick one on splitting wheels, if im keeping mine im gona paint them, i split a set of mesh before an put them back together, just banged out and in the centre, i dont wana go to hassle a takin tyres off etc, will i b able to just take the centre out my vs xx ? or will the centre bead split? are they welded or glued? how will i no if there 2 or 3 piece? if there 3 peice obviosly il need to reseal them etc ? any info appreciated lads!
yea man if there 3piece ul need to seal them back prob hard tellin if there 2-3 piece with tyres on

mattybyrne2008
17-03-12, 20:29
There's a class videO on YouTube of lad doing this before he goes through step by step

mattybyrne2008
17-03-12, 20:36
3 piece wheel refinish - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H62u543V8Jw&sns=em)