PDA

View Full Version : Weird Ticking

Daraghs14a
11-03-12, 15:47
Have a funny ticking noise coming from the engine as soon as you touch the throttle also as I was moving the gear level the same tick was there seem to be in the area of injector or coil pack . Any ideas,, Also should there be a earth on the gearbox ?

Deco84
11-03-12, 15:56
It could be ur speedo sensor on the box

grange
11-03-12, 19:55
is it when you start it up? or is it all the time. cause mine and my mates s15s make a tickn noise for a secs after engine had bein turnd on and just as im moving of in first

Keith_200SX
11-03-12, 20:00
is it when you start it up? or is it all the time. cause mine and my mates s15s make a tickn noise for a secs after engine had bein turnd on and just as im moving of in first

Wat ur talkin bout is vvt rattle, prob in need of changing ur vvt sprocket!

Daraghs14a
11-03-12, 20:05
No there is no rattle when it starts. it's as soon as I touch the pedal it does it but it doesn't do it every time .

robbie@tdp.ie
11-03-12, 20:08
Have a funny ticking noise coming from the engine as soon as you touch the throttle also as I was moving the gear level the same tick was there seem to be in the area of injector or coil pack . Any ideas,, Also should there be a earth on the gearbox ?

Id it a VVT engine? If so it could be the start of a VVT hub problem or low oil pressure to the VVT hub just off idle.

Robbie

Keith_200SX
11-03-12, 20:11
No there is no rattle when it starts. it's as soon as I touch the pedal it does it but it doesn't do it every time .

Does sound like vvt rattle thats if it is vvt engine!

Daraghs14a
11-03-12, 20:23
ya it is a vvt engine . but I was told the vvt was taken out already and normal s13 gear put in . But how would moving the gear level create the same effect

mr.jailbait
12-03-12, 11:21
im sure vvt only engages when you put it into gear

in neutral its bypassed

Bradley_Motorworks
12-03-12, 15:45
If your TPS is not set rite by moving your gear lever you could click off the neutral switch engaging the VVT pulley...They can rattle for a split second as they engage sometimes...
If this is the case retard your TPS slightly till its only clicking with car in gear and throttle on...

Daraghs14a
12-03-12, 22:30
Thanks for the idea Richard will try that. Does
it do any harm if I leave it or don't get it right.