PDA

View Full Version : Sourcing pink VHT paint

Keli
09-03-12, 00:00
Does anyone know where I can get pink high temp paint for calipers in Ireland?
Most of the American sites won't ship to Ireland and the ones that do cost more for shipping than it does for the paint.

Mick K
09-03-12, 07:21
May have some in the warehouse,I'll check!

colm
09-03-12, 07:52
Use some grey/white vht as a base coat and then spray your pink over that. Simples

paulr5
09-03-12, 10:46
^^^ have you tried that?

I got red before off a uk parts site it cost £20 shipping for £12 can cos they would only send it on the ground and wouldn't fly it for safety I guess.

2tonne
09-03-12, 10:54
Paints are cosidered hazardous so they won't fly them only on the boat.
Feck vht unless your gonna be burning the brakesoff the car...
just get some hammerite type metal paint in pink, snorted

colm
09-03-12, 11:06
^^^ have you tried that?

I got red before off a uk parts site it cost £20 shipping for £12 can cos they would only send it on the ground and wouldn't fly it for safety I guess.

Yep, done it a few times on different bits and never had a problem with the paint afterwards.

ken red 180
09-03-12, 11:35
try JJ"s in tullow as I was in there a few weeks ago and they have all colours red green blue white etc,etc can"t remember seing pink but i"m sure they could order it in for you

worth a try

paulr5
09-03-12, 12:56
Nope jj's only have red, blue and silver in stock.

thegosson
09-03-12, 19:12
my callipers are flourecent orange and all i did was spray them rattle can white first and then rattle can flourecent orange. and theyv been fine for years now. no need to go to extra expence at all. but the high temp white would deffo be of help.

Keli
09-03-12, 22:10
May have some in the warehouse,I'll check!
thanks mick

Use some grey/white vht as a base coat and then spray your pink over that. Simples
will defo take that into consideration, i thought it would just flake off. any kind of rattle can paint do?