PDA

View Full Version : Carbon look...

antokwon
08-03-12, 20:15
Has anybody on here had a go at fitting the carbon vinyl to interior trim pieces? looks cheap enough on ebay thinking about getting it and trying to do the centre console in the 180 myself:confused:

richiek
08-03-12, 22:17
havnt done it but a few i know did.meant to be handy enough to do when heatgun or hair dryer used.depends on how complex the surface area is really,corners,bends etc

antokwon
09-03-12, 20:25
yeah i know what u mean, sure its cheap enough i may give it a go :)

pepsterx
09-03-12, 21:23
Leave the nice car alone monkey boy !!

antokwon
09-03-12, 21:30
Leave the nice car alone monkey boy !!

ah give over petco the interior trim is a bit faded and old im just freshening it up old man :p hehe

decobyrne106
24-03-12, 01:11
it's easy enough. use a hea gun to shape around edges and curves, but try not to put to much heat at it or it will go hard along with the glue and won't stick right. you can get shiny carbon look aswell but you pay a bit extra. only reason i'd get the gloosy carbon vinyl is because you'd know it was vinyl with the other stuff

rps-13
29-03-12, 09:48
ya deco is spot on keep it stret but dont pull to hard around curves cos sometimes it snaps. some of the cheep stuf is a full c**t to aply but the 3m is fair handy to use in comparison.. make sure to get vinal wrap and not just vinal

k1984w
23-07-12, 20:57
Just get it carbon dipped lad round here does it all that carbon wrap just looks shite IMO he does Kevlar dipping too

RB Seanie
26-07-12, 19:19
Just get it carbon dipped lad round here does it all that carbon wrap just looks shite IMO he does Kevlar dipping too

Have you contact info for this guy who does the dipping?