PDA

View Full Version : 6 point harrnes

rico180
29-02-12, 10:35
I recently just bought a 6 point harrnes , its a clip on to eye bolt job. I know that 2 eye bolts go in to the back seat and over my shoulders, and 2 at the drivers side for my waist, but where do I put the 2 that come up between my legs?? I got two plates with bolts tak on to them with the kit, do they get welded to the floor??? :confused:

johnbro
29-02-12, 13:18
I recently just bought a 6 point harrnes , its a clip on to eye bolt job. I know that 2 eye bolts go in to the back seat and over my shoulders, and 2 at the drivers side for my waist, but where do I put the 2 that come up between my legs?? I got two plates with bolts tak on to them with the kit, do they get welded to the floor??? :confused:

I'd say your gonna have to weld those plates on the floor for the eye bolts.
Not a big deal to do really just put them behind the seat.

If you don't have a welder just hit the spot with a grinder bring it back to metal and bring it to a welder for a 2 min job.

rico180
29-02-12, 13:48
Thanks for that johnbro, I was thinking that I had tha weld them, just wanted to make sure and get a second opinion ....:D

B&G Extreme Drifting
29-02-12, 15:17
wel man u cud also get 2 bits of angle iron drill out 10 or 12mm holes on one side to fix it to the front boltin points of seat and drill out other side big enough for ur harness to latch onto if ya know were im comin from? no welding involved

rico180
29-02-12, 17:32
wel man u cud also get 2 bits of angle iron drill out 10 or 12mm holes on one side to fix it to the front boltin points of seat and drill out other side big enough for ur harness to latch onto if ya know were im comin from? no welding involved

Jayes ya , that would be dead handy. Thanks for that , deadly bit of info before I went grinding and welding;)

stevie390
29-02-12, 19:32

I dont bother with the six eye bolts, just 4. I put the two that comes up between my legs into the same eye bolts that ya used for the two side straps

rico180
29-02-12, 20:32
This is really great advise and info. Thanks lads.

B&G Extreme Drifting
29-02-12, 21:12
Jayes ya , that would be dead handy. Thanks for that , deadly bit of info before I went grinding and welding;)
ur welcome dude :)