PDA

View Full Version : problem with my 180 help please

bnollie
07-11-09, 18:13
i was driving out the road today when i put my foot down it started to boost up ok then it started to rev up(like i had my foot on the clutch but i didnt) but the car wasnt going any faster.Then i heard a weird woosh noise when the car was boosting.could this be a problem with the turbo?any ideas?Thanks in advance

mick
07-11-09, 18:15
first problem is your clutch is slipping, second sounds like normal turbo noises.....

ps13
07-11-09, 18:21
clutch slippin as said!!

bnollie
07-11-09, 18:22
first problem is your clutch is slipping, second sounds like normal turbo noises.....

The clutch is going i have a new one to go in.the noises sound funny not like the normal turbo noises.they just started today.i checked and dosnt sound like there are any leaks in boost pipes.

mick
07-11-09, 18:31
better get someone to look at it hard to diagnose a noise without hearing it one mans whistle is anothers whine! where ya based man?

bnollie
07-11-09, 18:34
better get someone to look at it hard to diagnose a noise without hearing it one mans whistle is anothers whine! where ya based man?

ya true.im in cork.ill have a proper look tomorrow at it.it was pissing rain couldnt get a chance tonight.thanks for the input

sbradley
09-11-09, 00:24
check dat no intercooler pipes have come loose..

Dunnedriftin
09-11-09, 22:41
when you put the boot down and turbo is ment to kick in, does the revs kinda die and the car splutters & then just revs up after a few?? :confused:

bnollie
10-11-09, 02:11
when you put the boot down and turbo is ment to kick in, does the revs kinda die and the car splutters & then just revs up after a few?? :confused:

no its def the clutch slipping.i have a stage 1 exedy clutch bought for it already.i had to put a cat in for the nct.when i drove her hard for the first time after that it make a weird wooshing sound now it sounds like a fucking massy ferguson.haha.the cat is def blowing i have a decat to go into anyway so should be sorted by the weekend.

eileen
10-11-09, 07:52
when i drove her hard for the first time after that it make a weird wooshing sound now it sounds like a fucking massy ferguson.haha.

the wooshing sound on mine anyways is the induction kit.
if you'd have a leak in the piping she wouldnt be running right
at all. if she's fine then your problem would be somewhere on
the exhaust side. tbh id nearly guess a gasket has blown :rolleyes:

bnollie
10-11-09, 16:36
the wooshing sound on mine anyways is the induction kit.
if you'd have a leak in the piping she wouldnt be running right
at all. if she's fine then your problem would be somewhere on
the exhaust side. tbh id nearly guess a gasket has blown :rolleyes:

i no what the woosh your thinking of its the turbo chopping up the excese boost its not that.it sounds like a gasket blew. :rolleyes:have new gaskets off nissan a cool 20 notes each. putting in the decat friday and clutch will be done some stage next week then all should be fine. i can consentrate on modding then a bit basic looking at the moment. Have my kit and alloys got just need funds now to start.:D

ernie s14
10-11-09, 17:05
as said the turbo noise is normal and id say its your clutch

bnollie
13-11-09, 20:39
There was nuts missing from the manifold to the turbo. it was barley hanging on. new gaskets were put in and decat also put in car sounds mint now. Its a trust twin pipe really raspy sound off it.Thanks for all the input lads and lassies:D

1-JAY-Z
13-11-09, 20:45
There was nuts missing from the manifold to the turbo. it was barley hanging on. new gaskets were put in and decat also put in car sounds mint now. Its a trust twin pipe really raspy sound off it.Thanks for all the input lads and lassies:D

its a very very common problem with them, driftworks do special locking nuts that stops them from opening again, i see some japs even tacked some weld on some of the nuts to stop them opening

bart
13-11-09, 22:29
, i see some japs even tacked some weld on some of the nuts to stop them opening

so does irish lads:D:D:D:D

bnollie
13-11-09, 22:33
its a fucking wreck head tho. i had a toyota curren before it was louder than the 180. it had a single trust exhaust on it. loved that car till it got burnt out.:mad: