PDA

View Full Version : Car hit the limiter an broke 2 rockers

k1984w
26-02-12, 19:02
Car limited out today and shattered to rockers , I have rocker stoppers in it and the rockers are still seated looks like they just shattered?? I didn't get much of a chance to look at it today , has this happened to anyone here before what's the best way to check if I damaged any valves etc, jus had tomei 256 cams put in and it's after doing slight damage to the very edge of the lobe , hoping there still ok to use??

robbie@tdp.ie
26-02-12, 20:22
Hi Keith,

Id say it was 1 of 2 possible things.

When we fitted the cams we cleaned out the camshaft spray bars and found dirt in them. The same dirt may be in the rockers and have caused them to over extend at high rpm's and oil pressure.

The other could be a to do with the wiring causing the rev limiter to drive the ecu and coils out of sequence on the limiter. This is because the CAS may not be getting it own dedicated feed and the spike form the ing cut can cause a incorrect engine position reading.

The only other thing is that it may have had cold oil and the pressure relief valve in the oil pump could not cope.

Robbie

k1984w
26-02-12, 21:38
I had a bee r lying a round there robbie so I said feck it I'd throw it in It hit the limit on that bout 7000 or so not sure guessing that could have been the problem either ???New i Shoulda threw it in the bin ha, anyway what s worst case senario, bent valves ?? What kinda money be talkin if I was to send it upto to you s when your not to busy pm me there if you like thanks

robbie@tdp.ie
26-02-12, 21:48
I had a bee r lying a round there robbie so I said feck it I'd throw it in It hit the limit on that bout 7000 or so not sure guessing that could have been the problem either ???New i Shoulda threw it in the bin ha, anyway what s worst case senario, bent valves ?? What kinda money be talkin if I was to send it upto to you s when your not to busy pm me there if you like thanks

Well that's your problem right there. BR revlimiter should never be used on Nissans and especially on Power Fc's.

Remove it and re solder up the wires at the ecu properly.

I will break the pistons also. I'd say you were lucky. Just get all the bits out of th top of the engine make sure there are no bits that can get into the valve springs.

Robbie

k1984w
26-02-12, 22:01
Ye it's getting pulled out anyway, Ye think I have all the bits out I'll go over it again tomorrow hopefully got away with it, ill be onto u in a few weeks , car was running great by way till I put that in well happy with it thanks

robbie@tdp.ie
26-02-12, 22:12
Ye it's getting pulled out anyway, Ye think I have all the bits out I'll go over it again tomorrow hopefully got away with it, ill be onto u in a few weeks , car was running great by way till I put that in well happy with it thanks

I am glad you were happy withe the map on the car. How dose the idle work now ?

Next time leave the mods to the experts. LOL

Robbie

k1984w
26-02-12, 22:16
Ye the idle is spot on better than it ever was even from cold Was always having trouble with that

Ye Yr right there I'll stick to the bodywork ha

barryl
26-02-12, 22:19
I am glad you were happy withe the map on the car. How dose the idle work now ?

Next time leave the mods to the experts. LOL

Robbie

*admin*
We need a "like" button. LOL