PDA

View Full Version : Satin black paint

DaveM-sport
21-02-12, 11:00
Going painting one of my cars in the next week or two and just wondering whats the best way to get it mixed up as in 2-pac and how much matting agent is best or if any at all.

I know how much to use for matt black but don want that finish on it.

Using a gun rather than rattle cans before anybody suggests just go to halfords for 10 or 15 cans of it.

vtecpete
21-02-12, 12:59
i got my 2k for 28 quid a litre in ad.
I know it looks more matt than satin but thats because we had issues with thinners and it ruined the last few layers.

I think your man enda used regular black and added 10 matting agent and extra hardner

nigey00
21-02-12, 13:04
My colour for the past 2 years was a standard 2pac black mixed 50/50 with matting!

bandit
21-02-12, 14:17
My colour for the past 2 years was a standard 2pac black mixed 50/50 with matting!

50/50 or i use 60/40, also mix your black with the matting agent 1st then mix it up as normal with the hardener @ 2:1

DaveM-sport
22-02-12, 00:23
Cheers lads, got some today.

this is kinda what I'm hoping for...

http://myndasafn.bmwkraftur.is/d/63415-2/IMG_0220.jpg

But I know there's not a hope in hell getting a finish that good so will just have to cover it up with stickers and tap it off a few walls to get it looking like no effort was taken in it :p

vtecpete
22-02-12, 00:48
Thats the one that made me want it... think you can also get a matting agent for laquer, i'd imagine thats whats done there

joey banana s14
22-02-12, 20:21
50/50 or i use 60/40, also mix your black with the matting agent 1st then mix it up as normal with the hardener @ 2:1

yep thats bang on the money there and make sure you mix every batch at the right ratio as if theres less matting agent it wont go as matt so you dont want a couple differnt matt and satin blacks on the car youd be surprised how many times ive seen people do this

DaveM-sport
23-02-12, 00:10
Thats the one that made me want it... think you can also get a matting agent for laquer, i'd imagine thats whats done there

I was wondering if there was any way you could get a flat effect with laqure alright. Be handy as the finish will last so much longer...

To be honest, I'll probably just go ahead with what I have this time and I can always re-do it in the summer again.