PDA

View Full Version : powder coating rocker cover??

Gerry
16-02-12, 20:52
due to get my rocker cover powder coated tomorrow but just wanna check first to see if any of u know of any problems with doin this? have seen some stories on forums with people sayin the cover warps etc, other people says no probs at all.

what yous think lads??

hi_im_fil
16-02-12, 20:56
I've heard of the sandblasting material making its way into nukes and crannies and coming out when it gets heated up by hot oil

hoopsbhoy
16-02-12, 21:00
[QUOTE=hi_im_fil;348445]I've heard of the sandblasting material making its way into nukes and crannies and coming out when it gets heated up by hot oil[/

100 percent, this is a problem with the process. I dont know the ins and outs of it but i know the problem exists

Gerry
16-02-12, 22:52
thanks lads, been flat out on the oul interweb this past few hours readin up on it and the main concern seems to be warpin under the heatin temperatures when the powder is gettin dried, the cover doesnt seal tight then and causes oil leaks, not gonna chance it me thinks.

mbarry
16-02-12, 23:28
soda.ie use paint strippers prep the rocker cover and then powdercoat it he has done loads of them ill be getting mine done soon candy purple

andyrob
17-02-12, 00:36
If ur not goin down the powder coatn route lota fellas i kno use ordinary paint with plenty hardner through it, and same with clear coat, did the same 2 mine 2 and none o them crackd or flaked or aneything yet, have a look at it in members cars, gud prep work the key me thinks

DaveM-sport
17-02-12, 00:40
Send it down to Sodablast. Seen one or two of them done by them and haven't heard of any problems. When I was first in talking to the owner too I was asking about rocker covers and engine parts and he knew about any problems that could be involved if things weren't done properly so I'd feel safe enough with him :)

I'll be getting a couple of my own rocker covers done by them soon too although not quite as mad as candy purple :D

cooks86
17-02-12, 12:12
How much dose it cost off sodablast

mbarry
18-02-12, 12:44
think its around 80 euro