14-02-12, 21:50
jesus thats ages away lol ill def be there

gtvcoupe
16-02-12, 23:17
looking forward to it :)

3M Productions
17-02-12, 17:52
Latest information on the Drifting Competition

After a chat with M3Con the last day at Aghadowey we have decided to run a Drift Series between Aghadowey and Eglington.

With a big thanks to BK for coming up with a name for the new Drift Events,
now named “N1 Drift Series”

The idea is each Drift day will have a Drift Practice from 9am to around 2pm
then competition from 2pm to 5pm as before. Each Drift event will be individual from each other having a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place as always, but there will also be points awarded to the top 12 at each event which will accumulate over the year for the Ultimate Drift Winner, very similar to BDC or EDC

The first event will on the 24th March at Ahadowey and the next event will then be the 9th April at Eglington

Hope everyone is as excited as we are about the up and coming events

Any queries please contact Con or me at anytime

Supported by BK Electrical Turbos Ireland Bits & Kits[/CENTER]

driftfan
17-02-12, 18:26
sounds good, but does this mean there wont be a practice day at Aghadowey every month??

Ryan r32
17-02-12, 19:06
is the competition open to everyone?

3M Productions
17-02-12, 19:12
sounds good, but does this mean there wont be a practice day at Aghadowey every month??

The Drift Practice will be as normal from 9am to 2pm, only differance is the competition from 2pm to 5pm.
Entry to the competition is free to everyone who has paid the entry fee in the morning, but it is not compulsary to participate, if you dont feel confident enough to try its not a problem, but a bit of competition sometimes brings out the best in drivers and some people can even surprise themselves when under a bit of pressure.

Driftin
18-02-12, 20:14
I think this is a bad move to be honest, Aghadowey was set up as a local cheap alternative to keep costs down for drivers. A championship at aghadowey would have been fine, but to try and run over 2 sites with 2 events every month, This is going to be expensive for drivers. But time will tell.

Few Questions

Is there money and trophies for winning each round.

How is it to be judged, and by whom

Are you going to run the track clip points etc.

Thanks
oliver Twist(aka Bee in My Ass)

tamtaf
19-02-12, 23:17
I think this is a bad move to be honest, Aghadowey was set up as a local cheap alternative to keep costs down for drivers. A championship at aghadowey would have been fine, but to try and run over 2 sites with 2 events every month, This is going to be expensive for drivers. But time will tell.

Few Questions

Is there money and trophies for winning each round.

How is it to be judged, and by whom

Are you going to run the track clip points etc.

Thanks
oliver Twist(aka Bee in My Ass)

I agree dude, once a month is plenty there is little over 2 weeks between these dates suggested. Read that eglinton is being expanded will it b completed for then? I like both the tracks but what section of aghadowey is the scored section, and is eglinton gonna be the same layout as we had for hi octane drift just with a bit more room?

m3con
20-02-12, 00:04
I agree dude, once a month is plenty there is little over 2 weeks between these dates suggested. Read that eglinton is being expanded will it b completed for then? I like both the tracks but what section of aghadowey is the scored section, and is eglinton gonna be the same layout as we had for hi octane drift just with a bit more room?

Eglington will not be on every month possibly every other month yes they are close on this occasion but both venues have ta work around existing dates for which the tracks are in use. This is experimental at the minute if it works it works. The layout at Eglington is different from that used at high octane. As it stands am not sure If the track widening will be completed before Easter hopefully it will be cause gonna be class layout then

tamtaf
20-02-12, 01:50
Dead on con cheers, dates would need to be sorted and listed for when and which venue for the competition series, be it at each venue every other month or whatever way it's gonna be worked. Dates hopefully won't clash with other events.

joey banana s14
20-02-12, 02:09
cool might do this bit of a shakedown for prodrift good work lads

Driftin
20-02-12, 18:26
Eglington will not be on every month possibly every other month yes they are close on this occasion but both venues have ta work around existing dates for which the tracks are in use. This is experimental at the minute if it works it works. The layout at Eglington is different from that used at high octane. As it stands am not sure If the track widening will be completed before Easter hopefully it will be cause gonna be class layout then

So Aghadowey will not be on once a month. But every other Month.:confused:

m3con
20-02-12, 19:20
No as is said above Eglington will be every other month this has no bearing
On how many times aghadowey runs as the only connection between the 2 venues is points Gathered at either venue will be calculated to crown a champion at the end of the
Series. You entering a car for this ?

Driftin
20-02-12, 19:53
No as is said above Eglington will be every other month this has no bearing
On how many times aghadowey runs as the only connection between the 2 venues is points Gathered at either venue will be calculated to crown a champion at the end of the
Series. You entering a car for this ?

Nope Con, Never drifted a car in my life would not know how (would not be safe). Just curious.:)

m3con
20-02-12, 20:34
No better place to learn than aghadowey plenty of cheap bmw's
About now and less of the ol excuses man

Driftin
20-02-12, 22:45
Thanks Con, But trust me it really would be safer if I stay behind a camera. As for drifting I am going back to what I use to do a couple of years ago, Travel to the UK to watch my drifting. Happier times.:)

stew180
21-02-12, 17:51
Latest information on the Drifting Competition

After a chat with M3Con the last day at Aghadowey we have decided to run a Drift Series between Aghadowey and Eglington.

With a big thanks to BK for coming up with a name for the new Drift Events,
now named “N1 Drift Series”

The idea is each Drift day will have a Drift Practice from 9am to around 2pm
then competition from 2pm to 5pm as before. Each Drift event will be individual from each other having a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place as always, but there will also be points awarded to the top 12 at each event which will accumulate over the year for the Ultimate Drift Winner, very similar to BDC or EDC

The first event will on the 24th March at Ahadowey and the next event will then be the 9th April at Eglington

Hope everyone is as excited as we are about the up and coming events

Any queries please contact Con or me at anytime

Supported by BK Electrical Turbos Ireland Bits & Kits[/CENTER]

lethal this should be a good bita craic. think the v8 is cuming out for this cnt wait to hear that whine behind me again lol and red fibreglass flying everywhere :D

Bennyk1122
21-02-12, 18:18
lethal this should be a good bita craic. think the v8 is cuming out for this cnt wait to hear that whine behind me again lol and red fibreglass flying everywhere :D

like lol

neil_v8
24-02-12, 22:06
Ur rite stew really looking forward to this!! first run out this year so yea cud be plenty of fibreglass flying lol!!!! Going to be a good days crack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boltz
29-02-12, 22:07
Ur rite stew really looking forward to this!! first run out this year so yea cud be plenty of fibreglass flying lol!!!! Going to be a good days crack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear ur bringing the big girl this time lad, by the way nice display from u and Stew at Greenpastures last weekend, some smoke and black tracks left Lol :)

m3con
07-03-12, 22:57
Not long now gonna be another great days drifting

martydumpvalve
08-03-12, 19:45
cant wait seems ages from last month!

aaronmk2
09-03-12, 22:15
would an underpowered rally car be out of place down there?wont be much use at it but was thinking of using it as a bit of a shakedown?

Wattie Jumbla
10-03-12, 12:35
would an underpowered rally car be out of place down there?wont be much use at it but was thinking of using it as a bit of a shakedown?

Hi Lad not a problem, there was a twin cam rally car last day :)

MarkMcB
12-03-12, 11:42
I was down last time in my 95 bhp merc and was a good laugh it was wet tho!

Stevie-mc
12-03-12, 14:05
Whats the go this time with wetting the track? I know its to keep noise down but i hope we have a few dry sessions?:cool:

neil_v8
14-03-12, 22:35
Not long now boys can't wait till get out a burst! Tyres sortd! just need petrol and that's me good to go!:-)

slawko
15-03-12, 21:32
any free slots left??

src200sx
15-03-12, 23:38
Dont need 2 worry lad there is plent of room for ya .think i am going 2 make it 2 this 1 got diff sorted cant wate 2 get 2 try it out an have a good day in the car roll on the 24th :)

3M Productions
16-03-12, 18:32
1 Week to Go!! Looking forward to seeing everyone :)

slawko
16-03-12, 20:07
that's great need do some testing before BC :cool: any directions??

Stevie-mc
16-03-12, 20:52
that's great need do some testing before BC :cool: any directions??

Glasgort Rd, Aghadowey, Coleraine BT51,

slawko
17-03-12, 12:08

martydumpvalve
17-03-12, 18:57
only one more week to go got front wheels camberd in today so bring on next week! !

Northwestfest
20-03-12, 22:58
Good luck with this event hope to get up on Saturday

Mac_C
21-03-12, 00:29
Finished up couple of wee jobs on the car tonight thats it ready for sat , roll on :afro:

davy m
21-03-12, 15:54
Do you need a cage for this?

m3con
21-03-12, 16:14
Fairly sure its Jus a harness /seatbelt and helmet

Boltz
21-03-12, 19:49
Fairly sure its Jus a harness /seatbelt and helmet

Yip just checked there its Harness/Seatbeat and Helmet :)

m3con
22-03-12, 22:44
Is anyone comin to change tyres ?

Fogj
23-03-12, 18:20
luking forwerd to tomoro fist days drifing cant wait:)

m3con
24-03-12, 18:11
Congrats to Harry k for his win today and
To 3m productions for another great days
Drifting

m3con
24-03-12, 18:12
Congrats to Harry k for his win today and
To 3m productions for another great days
Drifting

eurodave
24-03-12, 18:24