PDA

View Full Version : power fc or nistune

s13/180sx
13-02-12, 20:08
wel lads, what should i use or what the best??
non vvt engine, walbro pump, z32 afm, forged engine (86.5mm) brian crower cams springs and retainers, 550s,,etc,,
just wondering whats better,
1. A power fc and hand commander or
2. A nistune

mr.jailbait
13-02-12, 20:24
i think a power fc has a higher resolution
20x20 vs 16x16

B&G Extreme Drifting
13-02-12, 20:36
20x20 vs 16x16
Jaysus man you know ur shit!! :)

s13/180sx
13-02-12, 20:44
20x20 vs 16x16

benefits?? i wudnt be up to date on these fancy technical devices haha :P

Robbie Daly Ps13
13-02-12, 20:49
Its the speed hes on about...! Id say there much of a muchness...! Wouldn't go near a power fc tbh there as auld as my granny and shes dead...!

Nistune are pretty fresh on the market and seem a good job...!

willie 180sx
13-02-12, 20:49
hav a power fc de-jetro in the for sale section lad if you make up your mind

B&G Extreme Drifting
13-02-12, 20:59
haha id be same as, sure ya never know it all no matter what!!

mr.jailbait
13-02-12, 21:01

it basically means it has a more detailed map

theres nothing wrong at all with a power fc

especially at the prices they go for

B&G Extreme Drifting
13-02-12, 21:04
it basically means it has a more detailed map

theres nothing wrong at all with a power fc

especially at the prices they go for
FC or nistune??? :)

mr.jailbait
13-02-12, 21:39
power fc is better

hand commander is a huge plus too for checking stuff

topdog
13-02-12, 23:38
I was under the impression nistune is better as it uses all the origional knock sensors and the fc doesnt? I could be stand corrected tho

Stevo
13-02-12, 23:51
Nistune is what im going for, PFC is getting on in years and nistune retarts knock afaik not just telling you about it as the pfc does..

The price TDP are doing nistunes for supplied and mapped why would you buy a near 20 year old design just because theres a hand commander :confused:

mr.jailbait
14-02-12, 00:49
knock retard is a plus.it also keeps the cold start function

i didnt say that the hand commander is the main benefit,but it is a plus....for people who know how to use it....no need to carry a laptop around

a 20 year old design?
the car is probably a 20 year design?

they both have their advantages,but you map a nistune at 500 rpm intervals,and an FC at 400.wins it for me

Stevo
14-02-12, 01:03

i didnt say that the hand commander is the main benefit,but it is a plus....for people who know how to use it....no need to carry a laptop around

a 20 year old design?

they both have their advantages,but you map a nistune at 500 rpm intervals,and an FC at 400.wins it for me

I just would'nt pay €400+ for a ecu that long in the tooth, plus cost of mapping on top. lol hand commander is just something someone is going to press buttons on when your not looking :D

B&G Extreme Drifting
14-02-12, 10:07
this thread is like a sr & rb one Sure their still that money for a reason, they use to be up on grand new that says alot in itselfs up there with hks, and thats before a computer was put near it to map. 20x20 16x16, if ya had extra 4inches ask any woman :) but im sure nistune wud do the job too

B&G Extreme Drifting
14-02-12, 10:13
wel lads, what should i use or what the best??
non vvt engine, walbro pump, z32 afm, forged engine (86.5mm) brian crower cams springs and retainers, 550s,,etc,,
just wondering whats better,
1. A power fc and hand commander or
2. A nistune
Jaysus man id be as confused as you for deciding this 1 with the diff comments maybe ur better asking who has nistune, who has apexi? Like do all these answers actually have the ecu installed in their car?? Just trying help s13/180sx here coz this thread has mixed opinions

mr.jailbait
14-02-12, 10:18
ring/email whoever will be mapping it,and they will probably explain the benefits of each

how much do TDP supply and map a nistune for?

B&G Extreme Drifting
14-02-12, 10:21
ring/email whoever will be mapping it,and they will probably explain the benefits of each

how much do TDP supply and map a nistune for?
€600mark i think and thats for mapping ??
could be wrong cause iv Apexi FC why so cheap?

robbie@tdp.ie
14-02-12, 10:24

a 20 year old design?

The Nistune can map the fuelling at 100rpm intervals if you want. Most maps for SR20 are mapped at 400 rpm sites through the power area and some times finer if the turbo is very aggressive coming on boost.

We are getting better results with Nistune V Power FC on the same cars with the same mods.

Robbie

robbie@tdp.ie
14-02-12, 10:25
€600mark i think and thats for mapping ??
could be wrong cause iv Apexi FC why so cheap?

The Nistunes are €695 and not a penny less.

Robbie

s13/180sx
14-02-12, 10:28
I already have a nistune and I have a power fc and hand commander in the shed also, just was wondering did any 1 no which wud be best ,,,

B&G Extreme Drifting
14-02-12, 10:35
The Nistunes are €695 and not a penny less.

Robbie
fair play for coming in and shedding a bit of light on the subject... what diff in figures would you be talking, like is it that much of a difference, 5-10-15hp??
I didnt know to the CENT,(we changed currency in 2001) joke man :) how much they were sorry about getting that wrong but i did say i cud be wrong

mr.jailbait
14-02-12, 11:30
The Nistune can map the fuelling at 100rpm intervals if you want

Robbie
how many intervals?

gem-s13
14-02-12, 13:44
They are both good ecu's. I had a power fc in my car running 380 bhp put in a nistune and mapped it 42* something. Dont mind any of the sure bull shite that lad is spouting about 16x16 20x20 he may aswell tell you about 8x4 sheets of ply wood that will make no odd's to you or me because we wont be the one mapping it get some one who knows how to map and you will be grand. My choice would be the nistune after haveing both in the same car

mr.jailbait
14-02-12, 14:21
They are both good ecu's. I had a power fc in my car running 380 bhp put in a nistune and mapped it 42* something. Dont mind any of the sure bull shite that lad is spouting about 16x16 20x20 he may aswell tell you about 8x4 sheets of ply wood that will make no odd's to you or me because we wont be the one mapping it get some one who knows how to map and you will be grand. My choice would be the nistune after haveing both in the same car

you obviously dont have a clue what your on about
if you did,you'd be keeping your mouth shut now

what,you think there is no benefit from having more load sites?

spastic

joey banana s14
14-02-12, 14:27
in the name of god how does every question asked on here turn into a bitch fight......im running a PFC at the minute mapped by TDP would it be any advantage to me to change to nistune i have 320bhp at the flywheel the usual set up s15 tubby ,550s,z32,hks actuator,walbro any PROPER advice would be greatly appreciated

mr.jailbait
14-02-12, 14:30
twas grand till gay-s13 opened his mouth

tweek
14-02-12, 15:35
This thread is worth a read
http://www.driftireland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13099&highlight=nistune

decobyrne106
14-02-12, 15:35
theres a lad trying to find out which is best and he doesn't know that much about them. theres no point in telling him 16x16 and 20x20. its means complete codwallop to the fella.

gem-s13
14-02-12, 15:55
Exactly what i was saying deco. As for jailbait that pm you sent me about wanting to meet up is this just because you are lonely on valtines day?

mr.jailbait
14-02-12, 15:59
its hard to explain the pro's of either setup if someone doesnt understand basic tuning

theyre both well able to produce a lot of horsepower,reliably

call 2 or 3 tuners,and they will explain it better.its their 9-5 job

different tuners will recommend different setups

at the end of the day,its your money....your decision

mr.jailbait
14-02-12, 16:00
Exactly what i was saying deco. As for jailbait that pm you sent me about wanting to meet up is this just because you are lonely on valtines day?

yeah.ill tear your asshole to shreds.

gem-s13
14-02-12, 16:15
Sorry buddy but thats a no. Im sure you could find yourself a 12 or 13 year old boy on the internet someware google seems to work well for you tuneing your car. Also see if you can get a fucking life.

mr.jailbait
14-02-12, 16:33
sorry love,i thought you were up for it,being a man-whore and all that?

googling tuning?jesus,you must think you know it all

ECU's are actually magic boxes,and the more you pay,the more horsepower you get....obviously

peterhouze
14-02-12, 16:42
s13/180sx go for the nistune would be my advice as one of the top mappers has advised ya to do it
and mr.jailbait grow the fuck up would ya and by your first comment it looks like ya did google it

nikkisixx69
14-02-12, 16:56
i have a road map in my car , its about 12x10 in size , is this any good mr.jailbait?? it has a hand commander too (my right hand)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41WwRjPR%2BtL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

bob2222
14-02-12, 17:06
Is that 695 just for ecu or include fitting and map?
Timmy lad I've had few cars mapped on pfc couldn't fault the ecu itself never let me down

mr.jailbait
14-02-12, 17:38
no i didnt google it

its fairly common knowledge that an sr20det ecu has a 16x16 map

a power fc has 20x20

and more expensive ecu's have a 25x25 map....and more....

i know this from building a couple of sr's,standardish power and a lot more

i dont google anything,a lot of things on the net arent exactly accurate

mr.jailbait
14-02-12, 17:39
s13/180sx go for the nistune would be my advice as one of the top mappers has advised ya to do it
and mr.jailbait grow the fuck up would ya and by your first comment it looks like ya did google it

grow the fuck up?

it was an informative thread until that gay-s13 cunt started shooting his mouth off

mr.jailbait
14-02-12, 17:44
i have a road map in my car , its about 12x10 in size , is this any good mr.jailbait?? it has a hand commander too (my right hand)

i'd say thats a road travelled many times....daily probably

LAGGER
14-02-12, 17:54
Anyone that knows anything about ECU's or digital control systems knows that Resolution is important. I think F-con Gold is 32*32 not sure on the Motec. Choose your mapper as careful as you choose your ECU:wink:

sideways boy
14-02-12, 18:12
Jailbait you are a complete and utter retard!!
Will Admin please do us all a favour and ban this childish keyboard warrior idiot!!

Stevo
14-02-12, 18:13

Theres the answer for everyone really :)

I lol'd :kiss:

mr.jailbait
14-02-12, 18:38
Jailbait you are a complete and utter retard!!
Will Admin please do us all a favour and ban this childish keyboard warrior idiot!!

this childish keyboard warrior has forgotten more than you'll ever know

as for the 'retard' comment....it just shows how much you know about ECU's

fuck all

B&G Extreme Drifting
14-02-12, 18:52
Jaysus this is some craic!! :) no need for it lads in all fairness. no 1 knows it all, FACT!! not even the best sometimes FACT

sideways boy
14-02-12, 19:18
this childish keyboard warrior has forgotten more than you'll ever know

as for the 'retard' comment....it just shows how much you know about ECU's

fuck all

I never claimed to know much about ecus but im not the one sending someone pathetic threatening messages over the internet and then threatening to tear them a new arsehole on an open forum. That is why i stated you are such a childish retard which is true as you have proven already.
You come on this forum acting all high and mighty giving out advice to people on the tecnical forum all the time when Id say nobody hardly even knows who the fuck you are. Ud swear u had the mapping skills of robbie thornton and the engine building skills of mick deane with the way you go on here.
Coming out with stupid arrogant crap like ' ive forgotten more than you know' is only rubbish a pure fool would say. Will you ever fuckoff with ur bullshit to some other website u thick cunt!!

20vees
14-02-12, 19:47
s13/180sx it depends on , where you want to get your tuning done
, how much ,
is your tuner used to mapping the piggyback/ecu you have ,
where are you willing to travel to,
as far as pfc or nistune both are good as well stated by everyone ...i never heard anyone say a pfc or nistune was bad,
at the end of the day ,what tuner and what you can get your hands on

s13/180sx
14-02-12, 19:50
jaysus lads calm down,,, haha , im only asking a question :p the main point is, i have a power fc and a nistune sitting here and im wondering whats wud be my best option,, stop talking about prices and jibber jabber shit as i have both of the ecu's here.....
from what i gather, the nistune would be a newer ecu type am i right??

P.S please stop bitching on my thread :cool:

s13/180sx
14-02-12, 19:51
, how much ,
as far as pfc or nistune both are good as well stated by everyone ...i never heard anyone say a pfc or nistune was bad,

robbie at tdp will be doing the mapping, cant fault him in anyway

s13/180sx
14-02-12, 19:52
, how much ,

robbie at tdp will be doing the mapping :)

20vees
14-02-12, 19:54
robbie at tdp will be doing the mapping, cant fault him in anyway

just read there you have both (you fucker you lol) use the pfc and sell me the nistune :):cool:
ya his results speak for themselves

nicky h
14-02-12, 20:15
just ring or email robbie and see what he thinks ,
either are a good ecu tho choice is yours

Stevie-mc
14-02-12, 22:39
Am i right in saying a nistune is a board you fit you your standard ecu making it mappable or do you get stand alone nistune ecu?

Stevo
14-02-12, 22:58
Am i right in saying a nistune is a board you fit you your standard ecu making it mappable or do you get stand alone nistune ecu?

A board you fit to make standard ecu mappable

Frankae86
14-02-12, 23:09
Id go for the Nistune, Robbie is doing a GREAT deal on them, lads were asking that money for power fc's on their own before. Plus like Gem said they were not biased and tried the nistune and without any other mod if made 30/40 odd hp for i forget exactly.

Mr.Jailbait is not a google mechanic, he was one of the first if not the first before Jamie Russell (first i can remember) doing the SR22 short block. He advised me what parts to use and talked me through the build, engine worked out 100%.

I know thats not on topic but anyway...

Frankae86
14-02-12, 23:11
Id go for the Nistune, Robbie is doing a GREAT deal on them, lads were asking that money for power fc's on their own before. Plus like Gem said they were not biased and tried the nistune and without any other mod if made 30/40 odd hp for i forget exactly.

Mr.Jailbait is not a google mechanic, he was one of the first if not the first before Jamie Russell (first i can remember) doing the SR22 short block. He advised me what parts to use and talked me through the build, engine worked out 100%.

I know thats not on topic but anyway...

Edit : Short stroke

B&G Extreme Drifting
14-02-12, 23:27
robbie at tdp will be doing the mapping :)
your going tdp and their banging out nistune to beat the band, robbie came on and said nistune so go with that bud sell the fc get good few bob 4 it.

glad someone backed mr jailbait because after robbie he seemed to be talking the most sense as for people laughing at google the worlds most powerful source for finding info someone knowing more than a search engine ur having a laugh anyone with a bit of computer knowledge wud know this
best of luck man with the mapping