PDA

View Full Version : Oil temp and pressure guage help??

B&G Extreme Drifting
13-02-12, 11:58
Hey lads, just looking for advice, want to get both of these but would it really matter on brand, any1 ever hear of Swoosh, FK, Racetech?? would any of these do? dont wanna end up with dirt either I know defi is rolls royce of guages and cost it too,look the part too but im sure i dont need be spending that money just to monitor the engine is ok?

Thanks in advance

Niall

2tonne
13-02-12, 12:04
Dont buy cheap gauges they're not worth a shite.
rather get a second hand decent set than a new shite set...
dont have to be defi just something reputable.

B&G Extreme Drifting
13-02-12, 12:10
Dont buy cheap gauges they're not worth a shite.
rather get a second hand decent set than a new shite set...
dont have to be defi just something reputable.
any chance of a few brand names, I dont have a clue to put it blunt all i know is defi

Thanks man

2tonne
13-02-12, 12:37
greddy hks etc..
VDO, auto meter are meant to be decent.
Fakes of all them all are doing the rounds so watch out and any guage is only as good as its sensor.

bart
13-02-12, 13:45
have swoosh ones there with stepper motors on them....

B&G Extreme Drifting
13-02-12, 18:28
greddy hks etc..
VDO, auto meter are meant to be decent.
Fakes of all them all are doing the rounds so watch out and any guage is only as good as its sensor.
thanks man fair play

skinnynphats200
13-02-12, 19:12
I bought the pro sport gauges from Barrys, 230 for the 4 of them with sandwich plate and water temp sensor adapter. Haven't fitted them yet but will be in the next week or two. I think they look very good and look to be good quality. I'd say buy them dude, doubt Barry's would be selling them if they weren't good

B&G Extreme Drifting
13-02-12, 19:59
have swoosh ones there with stepper motors on them....
Cheers Bart, do you have them Swoosh in your car? how much for the oil temp gauge? oh when you say stepper motor what do mean, what is that? might sound silly but I wudnt ask if I knew thanks

B&G Extreme Drifting
13-02-12, 20:04
I bought the pro sport gauges from Barrys, 230 for the 4 of them with sandwich plate and water temp sensor adapter. Haven't fitted them yet but will be in the next week or two. I think they look very good and look to be good quality. I'd say buy them dude, doubt Barry's would be selling them if they weren't good
Nice one Kyle fair play for reply, think I only need oil temp, have water (working), boost (working) oil pressure NOT WORKING cause when rb25 was being built somewere along the way the signal sensor that screws in block got lost but think I have another sorted should get that back up and goin, know in day or 2, exhaust temp gauge (working) so only need the oil temp and sandwich plate already fitted for oil cooler so nearly there
Only need the 1 clock by looks of it, thanks bro :)

skinnynphats200
13-02-12, 20:06
No worries man. You can buy em seperate its 50 bucks for the gauge you want with senders and wiring, everything you need etc

B&G Extreme Drifting
13-02-12, 20:09
No worries man. You can buy em seperate its 50 bucks for the gauge you want with senders and wiring, everything you need etc
Bang on bro thanks for the help have this info in mind :)