PDA

View Full Version : mondello 12/02/2012 aftermath

joey banana s14
12-02-12, 17:20
well id a shit day car ran like a bag of spanners then i hit a tyre bail then car ran good got few nice runs in and got a bit nrave with my honda entrys and touched the barrier and a fooking pinhole in the rad....ahh well cant win them all VERY impressed with ste today driving very well some awesome entrys from him as was git on it all day and adrian walshs twincam makes me hard...savage driver too roll on the next one:cool:

MartyMoore
12-02-12, 17:33
Very cold day, serious amounts of red flags haha Ste was on fire today

joey banana s14
12-02-12, 17:35
Very cold day, serious amounts of red flags haha Ste was on fire today

im no james deane but a good few retards on track today never seen as many red flags in one session in my life

shaneS14
12-02-12, 17:42
Had a savage espiaclly with having no bloody hydro ,

DaveZigen
12-02-12, 17:43
Not surprisingly a day of ups and downs but loved every minute of it!

Fan shat itself and the car was cutting out when i clutched in and wouldn't rev past 5k on a laggy turbo but I made the most of it and gained some confidence in the new car;)

Few bits to go over but can't wait to get out again with them fixed:cool:

Ste you were flying today bar the 'mishap' same with Adrian, Damien Mulvey and the boy Chris Martina, didn't see a whole lot else

Lot of carnage and red flags out there today and what was the story with bringing back the old 'wet the track' mentality?! :huh:

All in all awesome day

twailbait
12-02-12, 17:47
Ste you may get the valeting kit out tomorrow!

Who ever was in the yellow corolla was ripping up the straight!

MissSuz
12-02-12, 17:51
Joey Im sure it wasnt that bad! Onwards and Upwards :)

Living so far away from Mondello is gay.

That Chris Martina lad will be one to watch this year! :p

How was Damien doing in the new car?

Any Video's

Eddie
12-02-12, 17:55
Joey Im sure it wasnt that bad! Onwards and Upwards :)

Living so far away from Mondello is gay.

That Chris Martina lad will be one to watch this year! :p

How was Damien doing in the new car?

Any Video's

Wats mulvey drivin?

MissSuz
12-02-12, 17:59
Wats mulvey drivin?

M G Crash Repairs S15 :)

The one Brendan was driving at Round 5 last year

DaveZigen
12-02-12, 18:00
Wats mulvey drivin?

The MG car Brendan Stone drove last year, Brendan's new car being built at the mo by TDP

akasod
12-02-12, 18:00
joey was that you that passed me on the motor way in the red van ?

Darren
12-02-12, 18:02
for me adrian walsh was a pleasure to watch some class driving out there today it was fookin freezein as usual though. but what was the story with wetting the track ive been there dryer day's and they havnt wet it at all

PeterT
12-02-12, 19:04
fuckin freezin up there!

ste...your not going to be happy till its mint are you!? ha.

adrian walshes yoke, feck me!

kyle was going very well in the 32, some good entries at the end of the day!

few people werent having the best day by the looks of it, saw a blue ps spin on what seemed like every lap coming onto the straight ha.

fun times!

ste
12-02-12, 19:12
ha ha ha cheers for the valeting comments lads and the comments on the driving, i had a ball today even after my off was a hard impact but once me and passenger were ok thats the main thing

i got really comfortable with the car and bit brave on the honda enteries lol some worked most didnt ha ha. Car wasnt runnin right im not entirely confident in the front end just doesnt go where i wanted it but that will be looked into to try improve that

i have few go pro vids il stick up soon

pole drift
12-02-12, 19:32
Ste, Kyle, Banana man and mulvey rocked. The twin cam with the different coloured doors done well. The lads in the omega and E190 were clown's of the highest order!!

barry180
12-02-12, 19:53
didnt make this one today had it as my dead line but just didn happen all i had left to do was fit a couple of fans,harness and passo seat which wasn important really and change the oil and filter sounds like it was a good day fair play lads see yez all next day sick i missed it :(

200sx
12-02-12, 20:14
There was two 18'' blitz 03's left behind by a friend off mine no one happened to come across these did they?

skinnynphats200
12-02-12, 20:25
Amazing day today!
Got the car mapped yesterday evening by TDP and I then worked through the night until this morning and drove to Mondello high on Lucozade!!!
I can't describe how happy I was with how the car ran today. Best day's drifting I have ever had!

Sean180sx
12-02-12, 20:28
Was a Good day but very cold as usual wasn't driven today need to get my box sorted
There was no need to wet the track if they wet it again me and about 6 other mates not going bother going back feck that!!
Who was the boy driven the yellow booter you sir are a serious pilot!!
the pink r32 was going well very good to watch no bother to ya waven and u in full lock doing the straight lol
White booter man u make it look easy:p
Can't wait for the next one il b there:)

Dunnedriftin
12-02-12, 20:45
Amazing day today!
Got the car mapped yesterday evening by TDP and I then worked through the night until this morning and drove to Mondello high on Lucozade!!!
I can't describe how happy I was with how the car ran today. Best day's drifting I have ever had!

you the lad in the black r32 with no wing??

joey banana s14
12-02-12, 20:46
joey was that you that passed me on the motor way in the red van ?

silver transit with red 14 with the passo door bent in a banana on the trailer that was me haha i gave ya a wave there near monasterevin and got a speed wobble ha

pole drift
12-02-12, 20:51
silver transit with red 14 with the passo door bent in a banana on the trailer tahat was me haha i gave ya a wave there near monasterevin and got a speed wobble ha
Nothin worse than a bad speed wobble to make ya get the urge to poo!!

damo86
12-02-12, 21:25
how did dean kearney get on?

conrod
12-02-12, 21:30
how did dean kearney get on?

He didn't get on

Car had electrical problem with the fuel pump

sparkie09
12-02-12, 21:43
was up lookin today lads before i get the 14 out some mad entry,s by that yellow booter lovely to watch and chris,s skyline.. By de end of the day it looked like there was a few wrecked yolk's tho but hey thats the joy's of it.. Roll on the next one..

B.Egan
12-02-12, 22:16
Had a good day out in the new 86. Thing is just mental to drive. So raw. Was more nervous before the day than I've ever been before driving, and was really struggling at the start to settle in. But towards the end I felt alot more comfortable and confident. Badly need grip on the front, and a few other things sorted, but overall a good shakedown. Cannot believe the lock.....just a complete other world to what I was used to!

Didnt get to see much of the other action.....as we generally spent the day wanking fuel into the car...lol!:D

cian1991ferrari
12-02-12, 22:22
Was a great day as a passenger. Ste, just getting better and better throughout the day. Serious entries into Honda! The 'tip' was unfortunate - bet you'll be feeling that one tomorrow!!

Was also really impressed with Git, the yellow booter Cam and the white MG S15 out in the morning!

Was seriously cold though and seemed to be a red flag every time I looked at the marshals! :confused:

pepsterx
12-02-12, 22:36
Didn't get to go out today, blew my gear box on way to mondello, was not impressed one bit !! By the looks of it today wasn't too bad at all for the lads mentioned above, well done

skinnynphats200
12-02-12, 22:41
you the lad in the black r32 with no wing??

Yup, thats me

akasod
12-02-12, 22:55
ya i had to pull in as my diff gave in but nursed it home ha ha ya i seen the door :lol;

PeterT
13-02-12, 00:54
There was no need to wet the track if they wet it again me and about 6 other mates not going bother going back feck that!!

dya think theyre doing it for the laugh!?

its wet the track, or get more noise complaints and legal issues and have no drift days...think ill take a wet track over no track!

Sean180sx
13-02-12, 09:33
dya think theyre doing it for the laugh!?

its wet the track, or get more noise complaints and legal issues and have no drift days...think ill take a wet track over no track!

The last day it was bone dry and they never did it yesterday was damp all day??

Dunnedriftin
13-02-12, 09:44
Yup, thats me

car looked like it was goin well, what mods you got done on the steering?? what boost you runnin?

PeterT
13-02-12, 10:23
The last day it was bone dry and they never did it yesterday was damp all day??

I guess it depends on numbers what days they wet it on. Sure they tell you in briefing they have to wet it to keep the track open!

Also, the tractor did 2 laps after lunch and that kept it damp all day!

ste
13-02-12, 10:45
Wasnt happy with the hrs mondello ran yesterday we didn't get out till 10.45 and was all done by 3.30 is that the normal winter hrs??

Driftma
13-02-12, 10:49
i had a shit day in mondello yesterday, got about an hours of driving and then my turbo seized, so now i think its tdo6 time :cool:

podgedun
13-02-12, 10:51
Who was the Fella is the Ps13 that went and done another lap as the cars were crossing the track after it was finished? and the 2 keeps chased him across the paddack after?

Adrian Walsh was my personal fav to watch,

alot of other lads were entertaining to drive,

I thought that E36 beamer was going to turn over comin into bend!! Was it jus me or did he onli have a standard diff?? He ended up doin a ring down at honda and onli was smokin one wheel!!!

Derk
13-02-12, 11:02
I thought that E36 beamer was going to turn over comin into bend!! Was it jus me or did he onli have a standard diff?? He ended up doin a ring down at honda and onli was smokin one wheel!!!

Yeah its a standard 325 TDS! He came up to watch at lunchtime, then decided to give it a lash

Amy G
13-02-12, 11:03
Wasnt happy with the hrs mondello ran yesterday we didn't get out till 10.45 and was all done by 3.30 is that the normal winter hrs??

I know it was ridiculous.... only 4 hours of drifting really (when you exclude the 40 mins they take for lunch)!!! They used to run 10am till at least 4pm last year in winter, feckers :mad:

ste
13-02-12, 11:16
That's wat I thought and some amount of red flags yesterday too although I caused 1 very quick one

podgedun
13-02-12, 11:30
Yeah its a standard 325 TDS! He came up to watch at lunchtime, then decided to give it a lash

haha thats wat we thought!! sayin he just woke up yesterday mornin and said ill go driftin for the laugh haha

si_berry
13-02-12, 11:30
Short vid I got on the phone. Kyle at 0.30 and 1.45, you wer on fire man after lunch. Adrian walsh.. love the way that cam drifts! Probably the best of entries i've seen from the Git Martina and Mulvey seems fairly comfortable in that s15. There was a lad in a wine 180 with wkd on the front window, some sweet entries as well.

Good to see Mondello picking up at bit more and the canteen open, even thou the track time was shorter..

Mondello Drift Practice 12th Feb 2012 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJkzbAGysUQ)

WayneR33
13-02-12, 11:45
Seen a cool e30 down there with an rb20 in it, big ends went in it tho would have loved to see it goin

ste
13-02-12, 11:58
Short vid I got on the phone. Kyle at 0.30 and 1.45, you wer on fire man after lunch. Adrian walsh.. love the way that cam drifts! Probably the best of entries i've seen from the Git Martina and Mulvey seems fairly comfortable in that s15. There was a lad in a wine 180 with wkd on the front window, some sweet entries as well.

Good to see Mondello picking up at bit more and the canteen open, even thou the track time was shorter..

Mondello Drift Practice 12th Feb 2012 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJkzbAGysUQ)

Is that me behind Kyle at 30sec can't make it out on my phone matt black 180 ??

mikes131jz
13-02-12, 12:17
had a brilliant day out yesterday!!!!! car didnt miss a beat all day!!
dont think any1 recognised it without the graphics!
roll on nxt month...................

pole drift
13-02-12, 13:17
had a brilliant day out yesterday!!!!! car didnt miss a beat all day!!
dont think any1 recognised it without the graphics!
roll on nxt month...................

Was your car matt black and white? I went over for a look at that car, was a bit shocked to see the 1jz in it, wasnt expecting that at all :o You done well

git
13-02-12, 13:41
Great day !!i agree tho very little track time but hey thats just how it goes !! car flew it no problems at all , had a few good laps tried to get out wit adrian but he was out when i was in and vice versa and then when we did get out he spun like the wanker that he is haha JOKE ! ..... Good to see all the lads that werent driving turn up for a watch !.......... and also great to see the egans x2 finally get a break in there new automobiles :-) and do well also ,mr brian wont be long before hes back flyin it !

well done everyone else !!

D-Revs
13-02-12, 15:55
that s15 mulvey in is unreal an he can steer, adrian walsh's cam is an animal an he's not feard of it either was mighty watchin him manji down the straight :) worth the 2.5hr drive down but would have been better if i had the 180 down instead of the 405 lol

japman
13-02-12, 17:03
wens d next 1

franmk
13-02-12, 18:23
had the s14 out at this yesterday.
the s14 had a sore 1/4 panel after hittin sum tyres and smashin de back window
didn't like them wettin the track or the amout of red flags
other than that gud days craic

JB-CW
13-02-12, 18:41
Was grand to get out for the day, Only went up for the afternoon kinda raging it ended early but shit happens. Good crowd spectating too :D

skinnynphats200
13-02-12, 19:08
Is that me behind Kyle at 30sec can't make it out on my phone matt black 180 ??

I think so Ste, thought that myself when I first watched it. Some good entries if it is :D

skinnynphats200
13-02-12, 19:14
It was only yesterday, but man am I itching to get out again!!::cool:

Mongey
13-02-12, 19:39
Had a savage day was great craic!! only my second time at mondello and my first full day but im startin to get the hang of it now!

pole drift
13-02-12, 19:39
It was only yesterday, but man am I itching to get out again!!::cool:
You were on a serious buzz yesterday, but i bet wen you got home the tiredness kicked in bad!

skinnynphats200
13-02-12, 19:47
You were on a serious buzz yesterday, but i bet wen you got home the tiredness kicked in bad!

haha ye man I was wired on Lucozade combined with no sleep! :cool: I was lucky to make it home, had to stop off in Si's gaf for coffee and crisps to keep me from falling asleep at the wheel! :eek:

B.Egan
13-02-12, 21:16
Great day !!i agree tho very little track time but hey thats just how it goes !! car flew it no problems at all , had a few good laps tried to get out wit adrian but he was out when i was in and vice versa and then when we did get out he spun like the wanker that he is haha JOKE ! ..... Good to see all the lads that werent driving turn up for a watch !.......... and also great to see the egans x2 finally get a break in there new automobiles :-) and do well also ,mr brian wont be long before hes back flyin it !

well done everyone else !!

Couldnt but chuckle at the irony when we had the big chat about the splitters and stuff, and then I watched your front lip hurtle down the track a few mins in!:eek: Seriously though the car looks like one of the best out there now. Flyin it too, along with Adrian Walsh and Paul Murphy plus others, amateur (if ye are all in amateur) should be seriously competitive this year!

Gonna have a look at the setup of the car this week hopefully. The ackerman angle is apparently all over the shop and all that jazz, but I just presumed it would be grand if Eric had driven it like that the last time (he did say it was set up very aggressive and that I might want to change it though). But might put a bit more thought into it for the next day. Would have loved another hour though, or to be able to get more than 3 laps at a time as it really threw off any sort of rhythm, especially if there was a red flag. Better hydro, sort the cage, bigger tank or a swirl pot or something, do the seating position properly and maxsport tyres on the front for the next day....christ when does it end!!

Adam.O.C
15-02-12, 20:13
I was out spectating and taking photos for the day, every 5 minutes it just seemed to be one red flag after another. I had went over to the car to get some more clothes to warm up for the afternoon session and was contemplating to leave cause I already had over 500+ plus photos, but I seen the yellow booter drive past me in the far car park and knew I had to get some more and i wasnt disappointed...:) All i can say is that guy is an absolutely lunatic on the straight and really drives the car the way it was supposed to be...:) I have a decent amount of photos of most of the cars out there, so if you want any of them posted up, just give a description on the pictures thread I started and Ill stick them up...:)