PDA

View Full Version : D4C 2012 - Supporting Crumlin and Suicide Awareness

POC
03-02-12, 18:49
Drive4Charity 2012 in support of Crumlin Children's Hospital and Suicide Awareness

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Drive4Charity
Twitter: www.twitter.com/CharityDrive
Website (currently being redone for this year): www.Drive4Charity.com

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/hamr/MNC%20Misc/Untitled.png

Drive4Charity started out in 2009 and is an annual event run by car enthusiasts to promote awareness and support for Crumlin Children's Hospital and The National Children's Research Centre. Since 2009 the event has raised €64,148.18.

€30,820.64 in 2011
€14,596 in 2010
€18,731.54 in 2009

We never expected that when we started out back in 2009. As we have grown in size and support we have acknowledged our ability to help even more great causes. That ability is due to your kindness and support so we say Thank You to everyone who has supported and taken part in Drive4Charity to date. None of what we have done or do would be possible without you.
Thank You :thumbsup:

Last year suicide was in the news and directly touched local lives way too much. So in an effort to help combat that Drive4Charity will be raising money and support for Suicide Awareness as well as Crumlin Children's Hospital in 2012. We are confident that with your continuing support we can greatly support both of these very worthwhile causes in 2012.

Crumlin Children's Hospital: www.cmrf.org
Suicide Awareness: Console; www.console.ie and 1Life; www.1Life.ie

This year we want to raise a minimum of €35,851.82 to get us passed a total of €100,000 and considering the great support we receive each year we are confident of achieving that goal. Achieving that minimum target will also mean that both of our chosen charities will receive a minimum of €17,925.91 each.

We would like to invite you to be a part of this year's Drive4Charity.
We will have information on Drive4Charity 2012 as well as how to register for the event soon.
Until then check out our Facebook Page for some pictures and video of the last three years ;)

Click and Like >>> www.facebook.com/Drive4Charity

POC
13-02-12, 20:40
This years dates and route announced today..... The best route so far me thinks!
Help us make this the biggest and best year yet.

Registration will be available on www.drive4charity.com from next week.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb298/PATJOE3355/27c94aee.jpg

hi_im_fil
13-02-12, 20:57
I'm hoping to do it this year. How many miles is it POC? It looks like a fair spin!

POC
13-02-12, 21:06
I'm hoping to do it this year. How many miles is it POC? It looks like a fair spin!

Good stuff.
We are looking to find a location in Galway for use as a starting point to help shorten day1 (If any knows of a free warehouse that we can use to sticker cars up....)

Overall roughly about 750-850klms over the 3 days
The driving does be broken up quite nicely over the 3 days with the first day been the longest as we're the freshest on day 1!!!

pinny
13-02-12, 21:42
Good stuff.
We are looking to find a location in Galway for use as a starting point to help shorten day1 (If any knows of a free warehouse that we can use to sticker cars up....)

Overall roughly about 750-850klms over the 3 days
The driving does be broken up quite nicely over the 3 days with the first day been the longest as we're the freshest on day 1!!!

get on to the people who own the unit where the sunday markets are held in claregalway. Itd def be big enough... not fully sure if theres an access big enough for cars or not. worth a shot

Scamper
20-02-12, 15:03
Bump this up

POC
20-02-12, 20:51
Registration is available on www.drive4charity.com/registration.html