PDA

View Full Version : tinting

shay
03-11-09, 18:33
helo peeps im wantin ta tint the rear windows on the tramp wats the best way ta do it the film,or the spray and im wntin ta do it meself kus jus dnt hav the money:eek: to get it done profesh!!!!

blusrule
03-11-09, 18:34
helo peeps im wantin ta tint the rear windows on the tramp wats the best way ta do it the film,or the spray and im wntin ta do it meself kus jus dnt hav the money:eek: to get it done profesh!!!!

Prob the film lad, if it only for the tramp you should be able to do a half decent job urself!

mick
03-11-09, 18:37
how does the spray work? never seen it done

shay
03-11-09, 18:37
Prob the film lad, if it only for the tramp you should be able to do a half decent job urself!

i done a window on a diffrent car b4 and was fair fuckin pain in the arse with the film cne neva get the bubbles:mad: out wats th spray lyk!!!

shay
03-11-09, 18:40
how does the spray work? never seen it done

havent got the fogiest how it works all i kno is dat u can get the stuff!!!

mick
03-11-09, 18:40
did ya use some soapy water under the film? lets ya move it round and squeese the bubles out!

shay
03-11-09, 18:44
did ya use some soapy water under the film? lets ya move it round and squeese the bubles out!

yea!!! but the slight concave of the window just made these huge big streaks in it every time u wipe em the cme bk instantly:mad:

Davie
03-11-09, 18:44
tint = pain in the arse

mick when did you join the orange order?

Stevo
03-11-09, 18:55
mick when did you join the orange order?

He had no say in it he was born with his illness:D

mick
03-11-09, 19:07
fuckin darragh the bastid! at least hes changed it from bein english! haha at least with this one, it could be referring to the red hair aswel!

Davie
03-11-09, 20:55
the joys of been british lol

mick
03-11-09, 21:10
grrrr! not brittish! fuck youz! haha

mark
03-11-09, 22:31
yea!!! but the slight concave of the window just made these huge big streaks in it every time u wipe em the cme bk instantly:mad:

get yourself a heat gun fella;)

andy t
03-11-09, 23:30
i did da rear windows on da 14 yesterday,

handy enough if you have an idea what you are doin,
just take your time & make sure to get the right shape out of da film before you put it on

( da spray is shite by da way )

PeterT
04-11-09, 13:12
i did the rear 5 on the cef, side ones were grand the back was CUNT in the dark and cold with no patience! its on my to do list again

shay
04-11-09, 17:13
get yourself a heat gun fella;)

so if i applied it as i did b4 then wre theres streaks and bubbles just waft a heat gun over it and it will settle down onto the window with kno creses or anytin:eek:

mark
04-11-09, 19:22
so if i applied it as i did b4 then wre theres streaks and bubbles just waft a heat gun over it and it will settle down onto the window with kno creses or anytin:eek:

1;just clean the outside of the window,
2; spray soapy water on the window,
3;lay down the tint clear side up and use your heat gun to shape the tint to the window,
4; when the tint is shaped clean the inside of the window and spray lightly with the soapy water.
5; peel off the clear film and stick the shaped tint to the inside
6;still using your heat gun perfect the tint.
7;job oxo;)
just take your time doing it and it shouldn't look too bad;);

shay
04-11-09, 19:47
1;just clean the outside of the window,
2; spray soapy water on the window,
3;lay down the tint clear side up and use your heat gun to shape the tint to the window,
4; when the tint is shaped clean the inside of the window and spray lightly with the soapy water.
5; peel off the clear film and stick the shaped tint to the inside
6;still using your heat gun perfect the tint.
7;job oxo;)
just take your time doing it and it shouldn't look too bad;);

thanx lad:cool: