PDA

View Full Version : can anyone shed some light on this????

n.sr20ronan
24-01-12, 21:41
right car is 180sx it started breakin down on boost so went through everythin and could find nothin so i took it as the turbo was knackered so i got another turbo and fitted it and its still breakin down at 4 or 5 thousand revs back firin an all i went through everythin again and still nothin. car ticks over perfect and runs grand up to 4 or 5 thosand revs. anyone ever have the same problem ? or does anyone know wha the problem might be?

ian g sr20
24-01-12, 21:54
right car is 180sx it started breakin down on boost so went through everythin and could find nothin so i took it as the turbo was knackered so i got another turbo and fitted it and its still breakin down at 4 or 5 thousand revs back firin an all i went through everythin again and still nothin. car ticks over perfect and runs grand up to 4 or 5 thosand revs. anyone ever have the same problem ? or does anyone know wha the problem might be?

had a 180sx going back 3 yrs ago now doing same thing as u lad. it turned out to b afm. but try ur fuel pump r plugs

dude
24-01-12, 21:55
did you try the feul pump could be on the way out

n.sr20ronan
24-01-12, 21:59
new plugs in it but im gona take them out an try them jus to see.have a new fuel pump there to go into it but i dont think thats the prob. donno is it the afm cos car ticks over fine an all. would it be coil packs breakin down at high revs?

looneydrift
24-01-12, 22:05
Its def one of them things mine done that on a day in m1 turned out to b pump
Seen cars run like that when afm was gone aswell

n.sr20ronan
24-01-12, 22:12
ill check the plugs change the pump and afm so an see does it improve

jap scrap
24-01-12, 22:45
Check that you put in the same type plugs as what you took out i had ik22 in my yoke then changed to ik24 and it ran like a bag of cats at high reves

jeff nelson sileighty
24-01-12, 22:47
Id check the afm if I were you it even sounds like the afm could simply be unplugged so definitely check that

n.sr20ronan
24-01-12, 23:49
Check that you put in the same type plugs as what you took out i had ik22 in my yoke then changed to ik24 and it ran like a bag of cats at high reves

plugs are changed a few wks now it was runnin fine wit them in it

n.sr20ronan
24-01-12, 23:51
Id check the afm if I were you it even sounds like the afm could simply be unplugged so definitely check that

no the afm is plugged in an all i took it apart there a min ago an it looks fine ill test it prop tomorrow. i checked plugs an they seem fine. i jus swapped fuel pumps there now so ill have to try it tomorrow see does that make any difference

20vees
25-01-12, 00:15
did you try to see if your fuel filter is blocked? or just change it ,cheap to buy

n.sr20ronan
25-01-12, 00:27
did you try to see if your fuel filter is blocked? or just change it ,cheap to buy

never went near the filter i have one there might jus swap it anyway see if it makes a difference

damodeane
25-01-12, 21:26
this has happend me a few times ,after checking everything like you it was the fuel pump each time ,it was working just no pumping as much fuel as it should

Foxyfenlon
25-01-12, 21:59
Did you set the gap on the plugs before you fitted them??
I've seen wrong plug gap causing this exact problem on an sr20 before...

n.sr20ronan
25-01-12, 22:19
this has happend me a few times ,after checking everything like you it was the fuel pump each time ,it was working just no pumping as much fuel as it should

was the fuel pump i fitted a bigger one an its perfect thanks for all the heip lads!!!