PDA

View Full Version : question on hicas "again"

Darenm
24-01-12, 15:21
rite i no i had a thread up before about this but just want to b sure because im goin at it during the week

rite iv a s13 subframe there to go in so i want 2 get rid of all the pipes can this be done or do i have to loop them to provent build up of pressure or any of that?

next question is do i have to take out any fuses,solinoids ect....

cheers in advance Daren :)

slithertooth
24-01-12, 15:27
rite i no i had a thread up before about this but just want to b sure because im goin at it during the week

rite iv a s13 subframe there to go in so i want 2 get rid of all the pipes can this be done or do i have to loop them to provent build up of pressure or any of that?

next question is do i have to take out any fuses,solinoids ect....

cheers in advance Daren :)

When i'm doing it i replace out the p/s pump and rack so you can remove the complete system

Darenm
24-01-12, 15:39
wt pump and rack do ya use lad 33 is it??

want to have to done rite so i dont run in to problems after

slithertooth
24-01-12, 15:45
Yeah usually use pump rack and lines from a r33. you do loose the speed sensitive steering but i like it a little heavier, more feel from it. all pretty interchangeable though ,think alan opel used all s13 parts and some say the s14 rack is a quicker rack

Dunnedriftin
24-01-12, 20:38
This for a r32? iv done it if so, replace the steering rack wth a S13 & a built up RB housing / SR20 pump.. you need to compare the rb rack & s13, th rb rack has a machine finish on the inlet / outlet & the sr dosnt so you will have to either change the connections or get a good file & file it flat so it seals with the original bolts & copper washers. Hope it makes sence when you see the 2 racks side by side.

dil
24-01-12, 22:46
alan put an s13 subframe into mine so he should be able to tell you all you need to know!

alan opel
24-01-12, 23:45
i looped them right at the p/s cooler line by drivers chassis leg! i didnt see the point in replacing pump an rack!

Cooldrft
25-01-12, 00:08
I agree ,no need to go replacing the pump or the rack.

Another option is the take the pump apart "4bolts" + take out the metal vanes.
You can then block the rear outlet on the pump + plug the return pipe to the power steering bottle.

Darenm
25-01-12, 00:09
i looped them right at the p/s cooler line by drivers chassis leg! i didnt see the point in replacing pump an rack!

Yes something that makes sence 2 me Haha

Was it just 2 lines looped job done ya?

Do I need 2 do anything else?

slithertooth
25-01-12, 00:09
I'd do the full job, much neater especially after swapping out the rear subframe, going that far and not changing the pump would bug me, daren have cusco lock out bars if you just want the handy option , even have a new pair of oem ball joints

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx24/poolybag/021-2.jpg

Darenm
25-01-12, 00:14
I'd do the full job, much neater especially after swapping out the rear subframe, going that far and not changing the pump would bug me, daren have cusco lock out bars if you just want the handy option , even have a new pair of oem ball joints

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx24/poolybag/021-2.jpg

Much?? Main reason I'm going doin it cos failed nct on balljoints but after buying Dw bushings now and have 13 subframe bushes burnt out so might as well do it now

Might just loop lines and change pump and rack later on main problem is iv no lift

slithertooth
25-01-12, 00:20
Much?? Main reason I'm going doin it cos failed nct on balljoints but after buying Dw bushings now and have 13 subframe bushes burnt out so might as well do it now

Might just loop lines and change pump and rack later on main problem is iv no lift

Ah you don't really need to change em all as alan said will work perfect with them looped, do the subframe now that you have em there

Cooldrft
25-01-12, 00:33

Well I've no hicas pipes pipes left in my car, 1 pipe to rack + 1pipe back.
Have ran the same rb20 pump for over 4 years of drifting without any problems.

slithertooth
25-01-12, 00:37
Well I've no hicas pipes pipes left in my car, 1 pipe to rack + 1pipe back.
Have ran the same rb20 pump for over 4 years of drifting without any problems.

Never said it would cause any problems, track car i'd run with whatever works ! road car i just like things to be a bit neater is all