PDA

View Full Version : Changing a passenger jeep to a Commercial

Stevo
02-06-09, 14:16
As above whats needed to do this, can get an uber cheap 1990 TDI landy for towing but tax is balls on it:( Whats needed to change it to commercial and what sort of dollars!!

gofaster_s13
02-06-09, 15:07
Remove rear seats and seat belts weld over seat and seat belt mounting holes, get jeep weighed get DOE test go to tax office and tax commercially, be very very careful of rot on a Land Rover

Stevo
02-06-09, 15:30
Hmmmm it'll be getting a special doe tho!!!

gofaster_s13
02-06-09, 15:37
a special doe

:confused::confused::confused:

Stevo
02-06-09, 15:43
:confused::confused::confused:

;);):D a special one lad;):D

kevRR
02-06-09, 19:33
special doe's are great:D

Davie
02-06-09, 20:21
i had to blank out rear side windows on a golf i had and weld in a floor panel
but i got away with it in the pajero,my auld fella had the seats in it for a while after he got it certed as a commercial,dont know how he pulled that one

gem-s13
02-06-09, 20:52
you need to weld all the holes for seats and belts put a flat floor with at least a minimum of a 4" bulkhead and blank or tint the rear windows, weight it and make up a new chassis weight plate with the new unladen weight on it i do the full job for 300

Nicky
02-06-09, 21:20
Where are you Gem?

Seems a very good price...

gem-s13
02-06-09, 21:35
Where are you Gem?

Seems a very good price...

wicklow
resission prices!!!!!

Shane_s
02-06-09, 21:56
wicklow
resission prices!!!!!

cud it be done in a day like???

what exactly would be left to do to have the car road legal after u worked ur magic,

oh ya and im referring to doin this job on an evo 4.

Nicky
02-06-09, 22:15
Surely there has to be an already existing commercial model of the vehicle in production for the conversion to be allowed to take place?

For instance, you can already buy a commercial Clio, so there would be no probs converting a 3door Clio car into a van. Same goes for a Land Rover Discovery, Vauxhall etc etc...

But there was never, and will never be a commercial Evo..?

Maybe i picked it up wrong though?

gem-s13
02-06-09, 22:20
cud it be done in a day like???

what exactly would be left to do to have the car road legal after u worked ur magic,

oh ya and im referring to doin this job on an evo 4.

cant be done lad it has to be either a hatch back or a factory comercial model has to be produced

Shane_s
02-06-09, 22:26
cant be done lad it has to be either a hatch back or a factory comercial model has to be produced

lad i rang a crowd that do it professionally there and they said legally it can and they were will ing to do the whole lot of it...

http://www.ogh-enterprises.com/

gem-s13
02-06-09, 22:38
id do it if you wanted but it would never be taxed properly they couldnt let it trough!! like there is no load bay its like a land crusier you can get a long wheel base commercil with 2 front seats you can also get a long wheel base comercial with 5 seats the thing is you have to remove the diesl tank put it under the pass side floor cut the rear chassis and boot floor area make a box no smaller the 200liters so it will have enough load bay space to pass as a comercial an evo could not be done as far as i could see but if it could there would be a lot more of them like it for the cheap tax

Stevo
03-06-09, 11:28
you need to weld all the holes for seats and belts put a flat floor with at least a minimum of a 4" bulkhead and blank or tint the rear windows, weight it and make up a new chassis weight plate with the new unladen weight on it i do the full job for 300

Gud to know lad pm me your number so ill have it when i need ya:D

gem-s13
03-06-09, 12:55
ye no prob lad

rubix
22-06-10, 01:13
do the belt holes and seat holes need to be welded or can they be fiberglassed over ?

Stevo
22-06-10, 10:16
do the belt holes and seat holes need to be welded or can they be fiberglassed over ?

Wholey year old thread bump, read the thread maybe???;)

rubix
23-06-10, 02:01
didnt realise the date, heard ya can fiberglass over the bolt holes hence the uncertainty