PDA

View Full Version : Advice please on fitting hydro to e39 bmw, 528i

GERRYSX
14-01-12, 23:13
myself and eoin R off this got it for a few track days everything is ready only d handbrake to be installed.. advice or links on how to greatly appreciated lads sound:)

andy t
15-01-12, 03:38
that dodge lookin pic eoin took of da homemade job,,,,,be mint ,ha

Diesel-Dick
15-01-12, 10:08
im guessing it has abs, u will have to remove the abs block, and all the pipes goin onto it. then u end up with all the pipe that are on the car not reaching where u want because the abs block is at the opposite side to the m/c, so u need to put a length of pipe comin out of one of the outlets on the m/c over to where the abs block used to be and t-piece it onto the 2 lines goin to ur front callipers. now for the back u will probably have 2 lines goin from the removed abs block to the back callipers so cut the 2 of them as far back as the hanbrake is mounted, t-piece them together and run a pipe off them to the FRONT outlet on the hydro and then run a pipe from the rear outlet on the hydro up to the remaining outlet on the m/c! job done, enjoy bleeding it :)

GERRYSX
16-01-12, 00:14
thanks man was hoping i didnt have to go down that route, looks like iv no other choice, o god andy that was sum contraption ha

Eoin R.
16-01-12, 16:03
Diff lock ftw!!!!

kev.skyline
17-01-12, 17:51
will be fitting one to my e36 as soon as i buy some pipe. you can go from the rear port(should have a H on it) on the master cylinder to the abs unit and it will work, or splice into the 2 rear pipes under the car and use 2 t pieces to join them into one pipe for the hydro. http://i956.photobucket.com/albums/ae49/buzz2753/handbrake-1.png
or get a double master cylinder hydro.
youll have to disconnect abs relay or a sensor if youre doin it this way.