PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: 3sge Altezza Flywheel (dual mass or welded, good or bad)

paulr5
14-01-12, 20:43
Lookin for a flywheel for an Altezza, 3SGE 4cyl beams.
Can be bolloxed or good, prefer to weld it anyway.

Maurice.
14-01-12, 22:58
Have a perfect dual mass here off a low milage engine if ya want it??

sc86
15-01-12, 01:04
for gods sake dont weld it lol

jamieae111
15-01-12, 10:01
have good dual mass here

paulr5
15-01-12, 23:09
@sc why not? guy does them for the pajeros the whole time €100 welded and balanced new cluch away ye go no more hassle, + asked you about the refurb ones are they not welded?

Pm me prices and location lads need it for durin the week if possible

DaveM-sport
15-01-12, 23:22
Big bloody difference in the rotational momentum in a flywheel on a Diesel engine in the jeep and a petrol engine in the Altezza!

If they are balanced, then fair enough but really whats the point. Far better to spend abit more and get a single mass :)

sc86
15-01-12, 23:43
@sc why not? guy does them for the pajeros the whole time €100 welded and balanced new cluch away ye go no more hassle, + asked you about the refurb ones are they not welded?

Pm me prices and location lads need it for durin the week if possible

hes a cowboy then simple
i have loads of lads phone me after welding flywheels in pajeros and they were out of balance, ended up need engines as it pulled the crank + ran bearings...
a welded flywheel in a pajero will last 2 months tops
100e is a ride for welding a flywheel, it takes 5 mins to do
you cant balance a welded flywheel

refurbed ones are stripped of dual mass, rebolted + balanced, thats how you convert them back to solid...

paulr5
16-01-12, 00:37
Just lookin to get a flywheel for a auto conversion,
Thanks, as i say never had a problem if ye want his number:cool:

sc86
16-01-12, 00:43
Just lookin to get a flywheel for a auto conversion,
Thanks, as i say never had a problem if ye want his number:cool:

why the hell would i want his number?
lads that weld flywheels in pajeros do it as a quick fix and sell them on quick, i see it everyday mate, same story,some poor lad just bought his pajero few weeks ago, flywheel went, shock horror somebodys fitted a welded 1, hes stuck with doing the job properly
if you think welding a flywheel is doing it properly you have alot to learn
ring clutchs r us in galway and ask him bout welded flywheels he will tell you the same, or anybody else that deals with them daily

paulr5
16-01-12, 01:03
Lad its a thread for a flywheel for an altezza, it was a joke,
never said anywhere i fitted or bought one welded, was only last resort than paying €300, so be quick with Your assumtions and learning on spam.