PDA

View Full Version : how to create a vinyl wrap??

jeff nelson sileighty
06-01-12, 13:00
well im just wondering what software you can use to create your own vinyl wrap?can you use photoshop?reason im asking is cause i have exactly what i want to do in mind and dont have the cash to pay someone to do it for me :rolleyes: thanks in advance for any help

jeff nelson sileighty
08-01-12, 11:12
Bump...surely someone can give me some advice?

damo86
08-01-12, 11:17
sher dont you need to buy vinyl and the machine to print it an all that?

cheaper pay someone

MartyMoore
08-01-12, 13:46
I think what you mean is you want to design up your wrap. Yeah you use photoshop but that costs money and then knowing what your doing takes a while. If you want something designed up and willing to pay I can help you out. Pm me

hunty_sideways
08-01-12, 15:44
You have to design it on illustrator or photoshop the main factors are that you use large MB images with very good quality and you allow for curves and grooves On the car, do not design it to the outline of the car always leave overlaps and don't pay cheap for it, any other info needed pm me

johnbro
08-01-12, 18:25
you'll need to create a vector image which is made up of a series of points rather than a bitmap image.
So the image can be scaled to any size (for the car)

I have all the software photoshop and illustrator.
PM me, I may be able to help you out.

jeff nelson sileighty
08-01-12, 21:13
thanks lads ya my dad used to be a photographer so has the latest photoshop and stuffs so ill give it a shot desigining it myself cause the money to pay someone just doesnt exist....recession and all that :rolleyes: :p thanks for the input lads and if i get stuck ill be onto ye

Moose
09-01-12, 00:43
If you want give me a shout during the week lad, i can show you a few tips on wat an wat not to do, i hav a vector out line for a 180 aswell that i drew up for my own, i can give it to ya, im only over the road from ya, but ill just warn ya as hunty sideways said, make sure u use good quality images, would want to be done in 300dpi by right,

jeff nelson sileighty
09-01-12, 12:44
If you want give me a shout during the week lad, i can show you a few tips on wat an wat not to do, i hav a vector out line for a 180 aswell that i drew up for my own, i can give it to ya, im only over the road from ya, but ill just warn ya as hunty sideways said, make sure u use good quality images, would want to be done in 300dpi by right,

Thanks bud are you still in total wear and graphics or have you gone somewhere else

Moose
09-01-12, 13:17
Na lad gone from them for 6 mnths, they are closed now neway, im in exact signs in kildorrery now, im livin in castle park so be as handy to call over after wrk sum nite, give a buzz wen ever ya want 087 6410615

johnbro
09-01-12, 20:40

Sorry for off topic

Would you mind sending me a copy of that 180 outline you've done if ya don't mind.
Cheers.

jeff nelson sileighty
09-01-12, 21:24
Na lad gone from them for 6 mnths, they are closed now neway, im in exact signs in kildorrery now, im livin in castle park so be as handy to call over after wrk sum nite, give a buzz wen ever ya want 087 6410615

ah spot on ya im only over the road thanks very much lad

Moose
09-01-12, 23:09
Sorry for off topic

Would you mind sending me a copy of that 180 outline you've done if ya don't mind.
Cheers.

ya no bother send me on your email, is it a 180, sil80 or ps13 you want,
i have all three done up, but only side views.

Stevo
10-01-12, 00:34
Moose what would a wrap set you back?

hunty_sideways
10-01-12, 02:16
@stevo all depends on how much of the car, and material ya want cheap and cheerful or expensive and long lasting, gloss laminate or matt and the labour hours followed by the amount off ink in the wrap.
As I said before I'd never wrap my car and moose after ennis wrapping the front bumper again must off been torture ? Was looking at the rest and it's a top job lad.have you stripped it this year ?

Moose
10-01-12, 11:20
Every job is different , but average wud be around 1300 for a full car, all depends on the car, design etc, materials are v expensive and there is also alot of labour involved,

Ya ive mine stripped, im building a new 180 for 2012, wen i get time i must put up my build thread,