PDA

View Full Version : Flat Eric: FD Rookie of the year

s13-ste
29-10-09, 21:54
this news is a few days old at this stage but no one else has brought it up

Eric won the rookie of the year in Formula D.

Congrats man and best of luck for next year

Administrator
29-10-09, 21:57
No fucking way? Never crossed my mind that they gave out awards like that over there. Fair play Eric, and well deserved from what we've seen and heard

kev86
29-10-09, 22:03
thats cool:cool:, he deserves it after his 2nd place finish earlier in the season!!

Flat Eric
29-10-09, 22:18
Thanks lads, was a fairly shite season by my standards but thats the joys of trying to learn new tracks, new competitors and get used to a fat bastard left hand drive subaru !.

Still nice to win the award and apart from the results its been the best experience of my life.The people involved in the FD scene are really cool and are what make the series what it is, can't wait for April to be let loose on the streets of Long Beach again :D

Cooldrft
29-10-09, 23:07
Congrats eric.
Are you using the same car for 2010 ?

Jay Rockett
29-10-09, 23:38
Fair plaaaaaaaay to ya Eric
Defo deserved it, ya shook the shit outa them with that 2nd place and as ya say, wait till next year!

and get used to a fat bastard left hand drive subaru !

Hahahaha, only the irish can get away with it!

Stevo
29-10-09, 23:56
Congrats man:cool:

Aidan Hogan
31-10-09, 20:27
come on the irish !!!!!!!!!
:cool:

Bubba
01-11-09, 15:26
Congrats man, that some achievement! Even watchin all your progress back in the rosebowl days when you started in the cam, the improvemnets have been immense, your a natural methinks!

Chuck_g
01-11-09, 15:28
Your living the dream lad and doing it so well!! Congrats!!

Any vids from the year?

Tekno Twinky
01-11-09, 16:51
homage due dude! the term rookie and your name just dont mix atal giving what iv seen you do! good to see you getting the recognision that you deserve!;)

PeterT
02-11-09, 00:00
fickin bad ass! congrats a lot man! brings a tear to my eye.haha

Flat Eric
02-11-09, 12:16
Congrats eric.
Are you using the same car for 2010 ?

Looks like I will be in the subaru again next year.We only got it working right towards the end of the season so I'd prefer to keep going with it instead of starting again from scratch.

Jay Rockett
02-11-09, 17:57
Looks like I will be in the subaru again next year.We only got it working right towards the end of the season so I'd prefer to keep going with it instead of starting again from scratch.

Yeah makes sense alright! sticking with LHD?

Flat Eric
02-11-09, 23:02
Yeah makes sense alright! sticking with LHD?

Not if I had a choice Jay, looks like I'll have to for another season though at least.

Jay Rockett
02-11-09, 23:20
Wont be too bad i suppose as long as ya dont get in the wrong side of the car:D

Looking forward to seeing ya on an irish track sometime soon too!

Amy G
03-11-09, 10:51
Your living the dream lad and doing it so well!! Congrats!!

Any vids from the year?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5KYCVD1XSE&feature=player_embedded

Mondello in two wks time, :cool:, Eric shall be team mechanic :p

insejn
03-11-09, 13:07
Congrats! :cool:

Flat Eric
03-11-09, 15:59

Wait till you see the LHD tramper I've got for the winter, bring on the rain !.

Actually if its wet enough it might even make an appearance at mondello at the end of the month.

Chuck_g
03-11-09, 16:11
U going out on the 21st man???

sr20ronan
03-11-09, 16:14
Bring out the cam!!!

Love that impreza..
Set up well and suspension travel looks cool near the end of this vid in slow mo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHvfHfrvylM&feature=player_embedded

Jay Rockett
03-11-09, 17:39
Wait till you see the LHD tramper I've got for the winter, bring on the rain !.

Yeah i think i know what it is, picked myself up something similar on Sunday!

Shall see ya on the 21st so!

SPUd
03-11-09, 19:02

Heya Eric,

You probably wont remember, but we met at the Seattle FD event. I was there with my boys who were driving Pro Am, all covered in Full Tilt decals.

I was talking to your team boss about sponsorship opportunities too.

Anyway, congrats on the award, im moving over to Dublin in the next week, and am hoping to get myself a nice cam or S14 to get into the local scene. Maybe we will catch up again.

Congrats champ.

Cheers,

Ryan

muldrew180sx
05-11-09, 19:14
Well done mate, KEEP HER SLIDIN

Flat Eric
05-11-09, 22:49
Heya Eric,

You probably wont remember, but we met at the Seattle FD event. I was there with my boys who were driving Pro Am, all covered in Full Tilt decals.

I was talking to your team boss about sponsorship opportunities too.

Anyway, congrats on the award, im moving over to Dublin in the next week, and am hoping to get myself a nice cam or S14 to get into the local scene. Maybe we will catch up again.

Congrats champ.

Cheers,

Ryan

Thanks man, I do remember the full tilt vinyl on the cars alright.Actually the pro am class at Seattle was crazy, the cars would make a show of our pro cars over here !

Make sure to get along to mondello park at the ned of the month for the drift practice day, should be good fun since most of the series are now finished for the year.

Might catch up with you then .