PDA

View Full Version : Matt Black on cars

slithertooth
31-12-11, 13:17
Whats the general opinion on this these days , have had a matt black s13 and s14 and thinking of doing it with my current R32 as theres a fair few small patches of rust around the body that are annoying me and i don't have the -cash or facilities to spray it proper

pepsterx
31-12-11, 13:28
Don't do it mate, used to be cool, not anymore it just seems like everyone is at it. Florescent green FTW hahahaha:p

slithertooth
31-12-11, 13:48
Don't do it mate, used to be cool, not anymore it just seems like everyone is at it. Florescent green FTW hahahaha:p

Don't need any style advise off foreigners thanks :p

Dizz
31-12-11, 13:53
I like it but I think it only suits certain cars, might look good on the 32. Were you going to wrap it ye? I know a good place for "cheap" vinyl if you need it, had thought of doing it myself.

slithertooth
31-12-11, 14:09
I like it but I think it only suits certain cars, might look good on the 32. Were you going to wrap it ye? I know a good place for "cheap" vinyl if you need it, had thought of doing it myself.

Was just gonna spray it, probably cheaper still by doing that myself, wouldn't have the patience for wrapping it

Mongey
31-12-11, 14:15
i think Satin black is a lot nicer than matt black and isnt a dull and just as easy to spray

slithertooth
31-12-11, 14:18
i think Satin black is a lot nicer than matt black and isnt a dull and just as easy to spray

Yeah sorry meant to say it'll be satin black i'd be doing

Administrator
31-12-11, 14:43
Satin or matt black looks pretty cool on R32s with nice wheels methinks and subtle kit

This one always springs to mind

http://www.tuningmag.net/images/news/nissan_skyline_r32_will_23052006/wills_nissan_skyline_r32_text_2.jpg

andy t
31-12-11, 14:54
tis a cheap option & can look well so go for it

flynhy
31-12-11, 14:59
Don't need any style advise off foreigners thanks :p

Hahaha love it....

nikkisixx69
31-12-11, 15:27
ya might as well paint it with gloss hammerite if your considering matt black :p

doug
31-12-11, 15:40
look into it theres a few places to get matting agent for the paint, so you can do something else,
saten white would look nuts, blue even..

Shorley86
31-12-11, 15:58
^^^^ i agree satin white looks cool and on a 32 i think it wud suit it perfect...

keith_b
31-12-11, 18:26
Its a cheap option but if you wanna do it right you need to lacquer it and not sure how many places do satin lacquer or how expensive it is but im sure someone on here could get it for ya Rory. With the lads on the satin white something a little different and looks very well

slithertooth
31-12-11, 21:56
Satin or matt black looks pretty cool on R32s with nice wheels methinks and subtle kit

This one always springs to mind

http://www.tuningmag.net/images/news/nissan_skyline_r32_will_23052006/wills_nissan_skyline_r32_text_2.jpg
Reason i wanted one is cause of that pic darragh

ya might as well paint it with gloss hammerite if your considering matt black :p
Ah sure unless its got bit silly wheels and moar low its not "cool" -your as much good on imput as them foreigners;)

look into it theres a few places to get matting agent for the paint, so you can do something else,
saten white would look nuts, blue even..
keeping satin white for the next car, this one is more trial and error, as for the blue i'd be too afraid of it turning out like shanes 4 door 32 so it's either white /black satin or bust

^^^^ i agree satin white looks cool and on a 32 i think it wud suit it perfect...

DMAC's gtr- Winning!!

DaveM-sport
01-01-12, 03:50
Not too pushed myself on Matt Black as it can look far too dull unless done very well (i.e, pretty much the same cost and effort as a half decent regular spray-job)

Satin black or other colours due to being alittle different now in Matt look great though.

I'm quite fond of this car in satin black and is what I'm planning on one of my own in a few weeks when the garage warms up a little bit to go at it :)

http://myndasafn.bmwkraftur.is/d/63415-2/IMG_0220.jpg

And this is when Matt is done very well and on the right car :D

http://www.thehemi.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=4670&g2_imageViewsIndex=1

pole drift
01-01-12, 13:37
Are we havin a rattle can party?

slithertooth
01-01-12, 14:17
Are we havin a rattle can party?

No sir , have only ever done that on a K10 micra and it looked shite. Anyone got any satin grey pictures - not primer grey something a bit darker

DaveM-sport
01-01-12, 15:47
Rattle cans come out very dull most of the time and also dont last well and looks terrible after a while.

it costs just as much or more buying loads of rattle cans than doing it properly with 2-pac and matting agent.