PDA

View Full Version : APEXI AVCR HELP!!! reading wrong rpm , wrong injector duty, wrong speed

nikkisixx69
21-12-11, 16:47
i have just wired in my apexi avcr and im having a few problems .

1. the revs are reading around 200rpm on idle , which is obviously wrong

2. the injector duty is reading around 99.7% which cant be right!

3. the speed is all over the place

now this is the second avcr i have installed on an s14 (1st one was on a zenki ecu, diffrent to the kouki ecu) and i never had problems with the first

i read the instrutions carefully and got the pin out diagram etc i have triple checked all the wiring and it seems to be in the correct place.

what could be causing this??? how do i fix this??

the avcr is second hand, could that have anything to do with it ??? (my 1st avcr was also second hand but didnt cause any of this)

also the car is a japanese import kouki s14a

Dizz
21-12-11, 16:53
I'm sure someone will come on who's more knowledgable about them, I've never fitted AVCRs but fitted a few RSMs and they had settings in the menu system for what car it was being fitted to and when not set properly the readings would be miles off. Is there anything like that on the AVCR?

nikkisixx69
21-12-11, 16:55
I'm sure someone will come on who's more knowledgable about them, I've never fitted AVCRs but fitted a few RSMs and they had settings in the menu system for what car it was being fitted to and when not set properly the readings would be miles off. Is there anything like that on the AVCR?

i had a quick look through the settings , but i dont want to go messing with anything just yet till i know what im at :D

thanks for reply :)

Dizz
21-12-11, 17:00
i had a quick look through the settings , but i dont want to go messing with anything just yet till i know what im at :D

thanks for reply :)

No worries, sounds to me like it might be thinking it's in a 6 cylinder car and hence showing revs & injector duty to be miles off. Do you know what it came out of?

nikkisixx69
21-12-11, 17:01
No worries, sounds to me like it might be thinking it's in a 6 cylinder car and hence showing revs & injector duty to be miles off. Do you know what it came out of?

couldnt tell you man , but i did change the cylinders from 6 to 4 already and it hasnt helped

having a read through the manual now to see if i can find anything :)

Dizz
21-12-11, 17:04
http://www.fd3s.net/avc-r_manual.pdf (Page 36)

Same manual you have?

nikkisixx69
21-12-11, 17:05
http://www.fd3s.net/avc-r_manual.pdf (Page 36)

Same manual you have?

yep! think i might have figured it out , gonna go try now and see if it works!

nikkisixx69
21-12-11, 17:22
no luck yet :(

the speed is going up when i press the accelorator at a stand still ???? but the throttle reading is fine

D-turbo-lad
21-12-11, 18:28
my rsm was at the same crc the other night when i put it in ... but when i went throught the whole thing the and was set for 6cyl not 4 and i canged that fiddled alot with other stuff i didnt know about and plugged it out and plugged it in again and now its sound .

cooks86
21-12-11, 21:49
having same problem myself revs and speed way out if you figure it out love to know

mr.jailbait
21-12-11, 22:01
you 100% on the wiring of it?

20vees
21-12-11, 22:06
the earth wires are the ones to watch if they are in the wrong place or on wrong you can cause a bit chaos

mr.jailbait
21-12-11, 22:12
i was just about to add that.
shite grounds or bad connections can make it give funny readings

nikkisixx69
21-12-11, 23:01
you 100% on the wiring of it?

yeah man , double checked each one before splicing etc

the earth wires are the ones to watch if they are in the wrong place or on wrong you can cause a bit chaos

i was just about to add that.
shite grounds or bad connections can make it give funny readings

the earths are on correctly , but i didnt space them out an inch , wonder could cause the problem?? wiring is all on tight so connections should be perfect.

gonna try something else 2moro , hopefully this will sort it :)

thanks for replies