PDA

View Full Version : extra lock washers

Shorley86
21-12-11, 16:27
hey just wonderin where i can get 2 spacers/washers for my track rods to give me a little bit of extra lock??

bart
21-12-11, 16:38
Euro coins... Beat out centre

pinny
21-12-11, 19:00
a machine shop or motorfactors will have washers... i put 6mm into each of mine and its as much as id put in to be safe but each to their own

alan opel
21-12-11, 19:29
3 euro coins on each side, job done, make sure u use lock tight on the threads tho! not many threads left!

Shorley86
21-12-11, 20:45
Euro coins... Beat out centre

cheers bart must try that. cant wait to get the parts off ya tomorrow. will keep me busy for a few days.

Shorley86
21-12-11, 20:46
3 euro coins on each side, job done, make sure u use lock tight on the threads tho! not many threads left!

cheers man have u any pics of the difference it made to your car?

alan opel
21-12-11, 20:47
not really man but made a good difference!!!

Shorley86
21-12-11, 20:57
not really man but made a good difference!!!

ok cheers ill give it a go anyway and of course ill have to test it out after ;)

20vees
21-12-11, 21:15
ill sell you 6 outter rings from euro coins for a tenner ,recession price there lad

Shorley86
21-12-11, 21:42
ill sell you 6 outter rings from euro coins for a tenner ,recession price there lad

its tempting but i think ill do it myself i like a bit of DIY. :rolleyes: if you want to donate 6 outter parts of euro coins ill take them

20vees
21-12-11, 22:04
its tempting but i think ill do it myself i like a bit of DIY. :rolleyes: if you want to donate 6 outter parts of euro coins ill take them

shit like i thought i had a sale there ha ha , ill sell the centres cheapo so €3 for 6 euro centres:cool: best way to knock the centres out is sit them over a socket to hammer out the centres so not to warp the outter ring plus dont forget to put plenty of thread lock on the track rod

Shorley86
22-12-11, 16:22
shit like i thought i had a sale there ha ha , ill sell the centres cheapo so €3 for 6 euro centres:cool: best way to knock the centres out is sit them over a socket to hammer out the centres so not to warp the outter ring plus dont forget to put plenty of thread lock on the track rod

ok cheers. wont be doin this till after christmas anyway ill let ya know how i get on with it and throw up a pic of the difference it makes... a €6 mod thats well worth it!

slider80
22-12-11, 20:20
washers or coins are sound but my sil80 is a bastard for goin over centre when u start pulling decent angles:mad: nearly dirty pants moment a couple of times linking mondello!! got tein arms and modified wish bones,, right job:wink:

Shorley86
22-12-11, 20:42
washers or coins are sound but my sil80 is a bastard for goin over centre when u start pulling decent angles:mad: nearly dirty pants moment a couple of times linking mondello!! got tein arms and modified wish bones,, right job:wink:

and how many washers or how many mm did you have in each side?

slider80
22-12-11, 20:52
had 3 coins,,, she locked a couple of times on me,,, good sharp jerk brings it back but i nearly wreaked it on the straight the last day because of it... dat was enough for me!!

Shorley86
22-12-11, 20:58
had 3 coins,,, she locked a couple of times on me,,, good sharp jerk brings it back but i nearly wreaked it on the straight the last day because of it... dat was enough for me!!

ok well mine is just a road car so might leave it at 2 coins to be safe?