PDA

View Full Version : wheres the water temp switch/sensor on a kangoo ?

NIALL JZX
20-12-11, 21:33
was drivin the van earlier and the temp is goin fairly high up on the gauge.

noticed the fan isnt working !! would the coolant / water temp sensor be fucked ? id imagine this could be the cause of the fan not working ?

took out the fan an it works fine - wired it direct to the battery !!

so im lookin to know where the sensor is ? and how i would test it to see wat the problem is ?

its an 02 kangoo van

cheers.

have the fan plugged out , and wired temporary to a switch inside for now , jus flick it on if the temp goes over normal..

barry180
20-12-11, 21:39
well lad is there a sensor on the rad if not on the side of the head and the one for the guage is on termostat housing 1.9 is it

NIALL JZX
20-12-11, 21:51
well lad is there a sensor on the rad if not on the side of the head and the one for the guage is on termostat housing 1.9 is it

i had a look at the rad , but i dont think its there , normally a big chunky thing with a bolt head isnt it ??
yep its 1.9 alright,

theres 2 different plugs at the side of the block , i think it must be one or the other , one has 4 wires and the other has 5 wires ...

Keith_200SX
20-12-11, 22:54
the little kango's are prone to headgaskets goin buddy...

NIALL JZX
20-12-11, 23:03
the little kango's are prone to headgaskets goin buddy...

i know they wouldn be the best yoke , but shor its only the fan stoped workin !!!

Keith_200SX
20-12-11, 23:15
take out the thermostat and check it.

NIALL JZX
20-12-11, 23:16
take out the thermostat and check it.

will do tomoro , sound ;)

Keith_200SX
20-12-11, 23:18
when ur fillin it with water, try keep the front of the van higher than the back(jack front up) der little feckers for air lockin and overheatin worse..

NIALL JZX
20-12-11, 23:20
when ur fillin it with water, try keep the front of the van higher than the back(jack front up) der little feckers for air lockin and overheatin worse..

nice one , handy tip. good man !!