PDA

View Full Version : changing a wishbone on a mk3 golf

jeff nelson sileighty
20-12-11, 20:21
i know not many people on here would bother but i know a few people on here have had golfs so said id ask ....anyway i need to change the drivers side wishbone on my mk3 golf, i havent had any real problems until now where the sump is blocking the very front bolt? im just wondering has anyone found a way around this other than removing the sump? any suggestions?:huh:

barry180
20-12-11, 20:35
put the jack and a little bit of timber under the sump and ya be able jack up the engine enough to pull out the bolt dont go mad jackin job done :wink:

jeff nelson sileighty
20-12-11, 20:46
put the jack and a little bit of timber under the sump and ya be able jack up the engine enough to pull out the bolt dont go mad jackin job done :wink:

haha good man bud.....i suppose ill keep jacking till the sump splits in half ya? :p ;)

barry180
20-12-11, 21:32
ha ha be gentle lad

gem-s13
20-12-11, 21:57
if you cant get it by jacking up a small bit just look right in the middle of the car infront of the engine there is a engine mounting there if yo undo that you can get it to pivot on the 2 rear mounts enough to get the wishbone bolt out,

jeff nelson sileighty
21-12-11, 00:01
if you cant get it by jacking up a small bit just look right in the middle of the car infront of the engine there is a engine mounting there if yo undo that you can get it to pivot on the 2 rear mounts enough to get the wishbone bolt out,

Ah spot on gem thanks for that man :) and barry you know im gentle xx :p haha