05-12-11, 13:56
Drift practice on....
May get the snow tyres on....

japman2202
05-12-11, 14:18
Driftfest round 3 the next day :p

sandstorm
05-12-11, 14:52
think ill hold out and see what the weather does first.
could be a foot of snow by then...

team86
05-12-11, 17:20
Driftfest round 3 the next day :p
ye i no,long hall for us lads on new years eve and as sandstorm says the weather could be shit....

think ill hold out and see what the weather does first.
could be a foot of snow by then...

ye im sure it wont be fully booked out come a week before it...

Darren
05-12-11, 18:31
im skint so i might give this one a miss. but ya never kno i might work something out

Derk
05-12-11, 18:43
Ideal xmas present from the missus :D

Jayo08
05-12-11, 19:03
Can anyone enter this?

Darren
05-12-11, 19:26
Can anyone enter this?

drivers licence,car and helmet is all you need

Jayo08
05-12-11, 19:28
drivers licence,car and helmet is all you need

Sound, hope to get a drift car soon :)

Driftfest
05-12-11, 21:16
Drift practice on....
May get the snow tyres on....
Thought I read back somewhere that Mondello werent running anymore drift events in 2011 all of a sudden they are running events every few weeks amazing ,anyway to all of you that have entered round 3 of Driftfest thank you,and to anyone who is thinking of 2012 our first event will be announced very soon,R

Derk
06-12-11, 00:01
Thought I read back somewhere that Mondello werent running anymore drift events in 2011 all of a sudden they are running events every few weeks amazing

They generally have them every month or 6 weeks all year round

Jayo08
06-12-11, 00:34
And how much to enter?

joey banana s14
06-12-11, 01:02
think ill do this be cheaper them wgh with travelling costs and that roll it the fuck on :)

Derk
06-12-11, 10:54
And how much to enter?

€125.... 10am to 4pm

pgeraghty
06-12-11, 20:51
Sound, hope to get a drift car soon :)

ya dont need a drift car jay :) anyone with a licence helmet and back wheel drive can enter,, look up the videos,, if its wet the altezza wud be well fit not to mention daves yoke :D
im hopin to have something sorted for this date too :)

Sean180sx
06-12-11, 21:16
Il be there if its not snowing. First time in Mondello looking forward to it:D

damo1
06-12-11, 23:14
Thought I read back somewhere that Mondello werent running anymore drift events in 2011 all of a sudden they are running events every few weeks amazing ,anyway to all of you that have entered round 3 of Driftfest thank you,and to anyone who is thinking of 2012 our first event will be announced very soon,R

like derek said above. every 6-8 weeks this is ran all year around and its cheaper than drift fest its a bigger track than drift fest and more seat time its a win win all round

Bkiely
19-12-11, 14:48
looking forward to going would it be possible to go and pay on the day i dont wanna bother going if its snowin and by the looks of things theres a good chance it will be

Mongey
20-12-11, 12:54
Doesnt look like itl be snowing for this,forecasted weather for christmas day is like 10 degrees,so if thats true ill defo be goin!

Driftfest
20-12-11, 17:56
like derek said above. every 6-8 weeks this is ran all year around and its cheaper than drift fest its a bigger track than drift fest and more seat time its a win win all round

What a load of horse shit ,win win me ballux ,Wgh is ran by drift drivers ,we give track time from 10 to 5.30 and we will be running as often as mondello,plus next year we are introducing a loyalty card set up where our drivers will get points for supporting us and discounted entry fees ,also we talk to you ,beat that,R

serious tom
20-12-11, 18:47
€125.... 10am to 4pm

fuck sake. thats tempting enough to fuck me over lol :p

bart
21-12-11, 13:58
What a load of horse shit ,win win me ballux ,Wgh is ran by drift drivers ,we give track time from 10 to 5.30 and we will be running as often as ,plus next year we are introducing a loyalty card set up where our drivers will get points for supporting us and discounted entry fees ,also we talk to you ,beat that,R

sounds to me like your bitter over them running it lad..??
as its gonna take some people away from ye..
90% of the drift fest is Munster origin anyway:wink:
MONDELLO is handy for alot of lads as its central in the country..
WGH is awesome.. dont get me wrong and its great to see it back opened..
think the more tracks and yards and carparks opened around ireland for drifting is better imo...
the driving last year was AMAZING.. and thats all cause of the likes of MONDELLO,PORTLAOISE,
M1 DRIFTING STONES AND TULLOW opening there doors to them.....

and im not trying to have a go at you here..
its the truth...
bart

serious tom
21-12-11, 17:58
Im gunning to make this lads, have to drive the 180 again before I go back to Uni.

When does it have to be paid by? I've been working flat out and rushing round trying to get car sorted for it...

How long do I have?

Just seatbelts, helmet, license?
Passo's?

Driftfest
21-12-11, 21:11
sounds to me like your bitter over them running it lad..??
as its gonna take some people away from ye..
90% of the drift fest is Munster origin anyway:wink:
MONDELLO is handy for alot of lads as its central in the country..
WGH is awesome.. dont get me wrong and its great to see it back opened..
think the more tracks and yards and carparks opened around ireland for drifting is better imo...
the driving last year was AMAZING.. and thats all cause of the likes of MONDELLO,PORTLAOISE,
M1 DRIFTING STONES AND TULLOW opening there doors to them.....

and im not trying to have a go at you here..
its the truth...
bart
Ah no Bart ,sure its a free country and when we go walkabout with Driftfest to the likes of Tynagh ,Punchestown etc all will have a chance to have the craic ,my point was against the comment where it was suggested that we were bad value ,regards and happy christmas,R

scooby
28-12-11, 12:38
anyone know when office is open again,need to book in for friday .ta ross

gary d
28-12-11, 15:09
You dont have to book in.
Office is closed so you can just arrive and pay on fri

scooby
28-12-11, 17:02
sound gary

skinnynphats200
28-12-11, 17:29
Many going to this? Anybody wanna bring me passo for the day?

kieran drift66
28-12-11, 23:37
anyone know when office is open again,need to book in for friday .ta ross
naw man. gary is rite. dont need to book. iv booked myself in for fri and the women said to me that they dont think that it will be busy busy that day so she said that if i knew any one who wanted to go they can and just pay when they get there....
i know gary said this to you and everyone else..i just thought id give a bit more info on this.:wink:

Sean180sx
28-12-11, 23:38
naw man. gary is rite. dont need to book. iv booked myself in for fri and the women said to me that they dont think that it will be busy busy that day so she said that if i knew any one who wanted to go they can and just pay when they get there....
i know gary said this to you and everyone else..i just thought id give a bit more info on this.:wink:

Cheers for the info boss

mickel
28-12-11, 23:49
Many going to this? Anybody wanna bring me passo for the day?

Yer welcome to sit in for a few runs with me man,few mates goin up also

skinnynphats200
29-12-11, 16:14
Yer welcome to sit in for a few runs with me man,few mates goin up also

Dont think i'm going up now though. (I forgot my daughters Birthday is the 30th :o bad parent). Thanks anyway though for offering man

serious tom
29-12-11, 17:41
Not able to drive :mad:
Absolutely shit.

Any passo runs on the go? I need a fix before I go back to uni. :mad:s

Bkiely
29-12-11, 21:36
is ther a tyre machine usualy there for people to use???? otherwise im screwed ha

mickel
29-12-11, 23:13
is ther a tyre machine usualy there for people to use???? otherwise im screwed ha

Yea man I think derk s gonna be there slipping on some rubbers

team86
30-12-11, 17:15
just in... slippy as hell with all the rain that fell....
open pit was grand for a change
hope its better weather next time...

Bkiely
30-12-11, 17:25
just in... slippy as hell with all the rain that fell....
open pit was grand for a change
hope its better weather next time...

my first time out found it very hard in the rain but had a few good runs

serious tom
30-12-11, 17:58
What were you driving lads? I went down today to have a look.
Some lunatics out there.

serious tom
30-12-11, 18:00
my first time out found it very hard in the rain but had a few good runs

That's was us the beeped at you on the M50 ha.
You had a good day lad!
Is that standard ride height too?

Bkiely
30-12-11, 18:26
That's was us the beeped at you on the M50 ha.
You had a good day lad!
Is that standard ride height too?

haha the yellow reg??? nope theres a few little bits in it includin the suspension but i like to keep it standard lookin ha

where you out on the track?

Sean180sx
30-12-11, 18:45
Just in the door.. First time at mondello a bit slippy but Had a brilliant day il deffo be going back. Any pics??:-)

barryl
30-12-11, 20:43
Great day today. Few spastics on track!!!!!!

git
30-12-11, 21:04

yer man in the white s14 with wkd on it was all over the place :-0

barryl
30-12-11, 21:05
Share the luv git x

Sean180sx
30-12-11, 22:30

Name a few

garyae86
30-12-11, 22:39
Unreal slippy didn't get much track time had rad trouble :huh:

bart
30-12-11, 22:58
Who was driving the red s14 with driftireland on the skirt?
Some good drivers there today. And as Barry said. Some lads would wanna cop on..

garyae86
30-12-11, 23:07
Who was driving the red s14 with driftireland on the skirt?
Some good drivers there today. And as Barry said. Some lads would wanna cop on..

Aidan d on hear drives that 14 if its the same one a tasty pilot :cool:

barryl
30-12-11, 23:08
Name a few

Id rather not!!

bart
31-12-11, 01:42

Yea hes well handy alrite.
Some mad angles into first corner

Amy G
31-12-11, 11:43

Only a Few???!!!! :rolleyes: You could of got on track and given me a hand to take them out!!!:p

Sean180sx
31-12-11, 11:55

He makes it look so easy lol

Bkiely
31-12-11, 16:47
i prob got in the way of a few people sorry bout that alot of drivers do didn give a shit if they hit you are not good crack do

serious tom
31-12-11, 17:29
Some were lunatics, ok fair enough, good criac.....BUT.. Some were just driving beyond their means!

barryl
31-12-11, 18:40
i prob got in the way of a few people sorry bout that alot of drivers do didn give a shit if they hit you are not good crack do

We all go to practice an have some fun.But some ppl don't know there limits.plus Mondello have a lot 2 answer for letting 30plus cars on track at the one time. Complete mayhem in my opinion.its not fair to have a new comer(novice) in a group off fellas that are in Mondello every drift day.it puts unnecessary pressure on them. Just my 2 cents worth.

pinny
31-12-11, 19:02
We all go to practice an have some fun.But some ppl don't know there limits.plus Mondello have a lot 2 answer for letting 30plus cars on track at the one time. Complete mayhem in my opinion.its not fair to have a new comer(novice) in a group off fellas that are in Mondello every drift day.it puts unnecessary pressure on them. Just my 2 cents worth.

couldnt agree more, This is the reason i havent been to mondello yet

tweek
31-12-11, 19:18
couldnt agree more, This is the reason i havent been to mondello yet
Yeah but if you do that give it a month or two and people will want lesser powered cars in another group

barryl
31-12-11, 19:35
Yeah but if you do that give it a month or two and people will want lesser powered cars in another group

Totally disagree there. It's nothing got to do with bhp. It's whether u can steer or not. There was a fella in a 87 cam yesterday(don't know his name) but Fuk me he is an awesome pilot.n/a an he was all over the sr's. So totally wouldn't agree with u tweek.

Bkiely
31-12-11, 20:07

for my first time on the track there was alot of presure but i suppose been in the deep end was good .. constantly lookin behind you incase theres a pack of cars up ur hole that didn help do ,is there usually less cars out?

bluecam
31-12-11, 20:10
thats young harte, a hum dinger ,,,,

bennymac
01-01-12, 15:57
First day there aswel tiught it was brilliant.. Takes time to get used to the track but getting there.. Defo go back :)

serious tom
01-01-12, 17:03
Listen. I went as a spectator.
Mondello is a perfect place but fuck me something needs to sharpen up.

Bkiely there, first time out, and I'm getting the impression he thought he was the one that thought he should be sorry for holding people up...

Now this lad, who goes to a 'drift practice day'.. and in fairness lad, you did no wrong. You might have thought you were spinning out a bit much or getting in peoples way, but thats bullshit. There were lads driving like they were fuckin Chuck Norris when they couldnt drive there finger up their hole.
They were doing more in terms of holding people up and just being a danger to themselves as well as the rest of you than any novice could.

(Incase anyone thinks i'm on about the two lads in the 86's being up in round peoples business into the first corner,... i'm not. They can drive, and they need the speed into the first corner, they know what to do and what not to do... unlike others.)

I am however on about the people believing that its a race day and the first one to the finish line gets to be king of the castle.

There is putting people under pressure, thats alright, but then there's just being a gobshite.
Don't know how some people were let drive a car, nevermind be on a racetrack with other people.

team86
01-01-12, 18:00
Totally disagree there. It's nothing got to do with bhp. It's whether u can steer or not. There was a fella in a 87 cam yesterday(don't know his name) but Fuk me he is an awesome pilot.n/a an he was all over the sr's. So totally wouldn't agree with u tweek.

steve harte....watch out for him in the prodrift next year..

standard 1.6

who needs 400 horses:wink:

PepperS13
02-01-12, 14:44
Listen. I went as a spectator.
Mondello is a perfect place but fuck me something needs to sharpen up.

Bkiely there, first time out, and I'm getting the impression he thought he was the one that thought he should be sorry for holding people up...

Now this lad, who goes to a 'drift practice day'.. and in fairness lad, you did no wrong. You might have thought you were spinning out a bit much or getting in peoples way, but thats bullshit. There were lads driving like they were fuckin Chuck Norris when they couldnt drive there finger up their hole.
They were doing more in terms of holding people up and just being a danger to themselves as well as the rest of you than any novice could.

(Incase anyone thinks i'm on about the two lads in the 86's being up in round peoples business into the first corner,... i'm not. They can drive, and they need the speed into the first corner, they know what to do and what not to do... unlike others.)

I am however on about the people believing that its a race day and the first one to the finish line gets to be king of the castle.

There is putting people under pressure, thats alright, but then there's just being a gobshite.
Don't know how some people were let drive a car, nevermind be on a racetrack with other people.

Name and Shame Then So!!!

S13..KEV
02-01-12, 21:03

Ah he is alright :-P

Stevo
02-01-12, 22:57

Does'nt matter what power you have if your only starting out been in front of PD/mondello regulars is daunting and you will make mistakes tweek, think everyone who has done mondello will agree that there should be a novice and pro group..

blusrule
03-01-12, 00:24
Does'nt matter what power you have if your only starting out been in front of PD/mondello regulars is daunting and you will make mistakes tweek, think everyone who has done mondello will agree that there should be a novice and pro group..

When it comes to drifting we're all novices! Not about seperating really, just need to keep an eye on people and stay back if you think you can't react fast enough.

serious tom
03-01-12, 01:00
Name and Shame Then So!!!

There was one person that stood out. Everyone else was fine.
The heur just needs to chill the fuck out and quit being a lunatic behind the wheel.

scooby
03-01-12, 22:23
the day is for practicing, novice or pro everybody needs it,one or two guys were not thinking of anyone else out there,on more than one occassion when a flag was out on pit straight the dude in the black s14 with blue visor went past us at the speed of light,this is not on,maybe your the best drifter in the world but a bit of common sense and heed in breifing may not scare the sh1t out of others,the 2 cars in front of me had to go of track at honda corner over you,learn to be patient behind the wheel,and the guy in the white twincam saloon,you ar exellent at what you do manji and all that ,but just check your mirrors every now and again as there was a tail back behind you for 5-6 laps.i aint looking for enemys just being honest,as for the new guy fair play first day out an it was well wet there,everyone spun there on friday,and go at the speed your comfortable at,great to see amys car run well fair play

Sean180sx
04-01-12, 00:06
the day is for practicing, novice or pro everybody needs it,one or two guys were not thinking of anyone else out there,on more than one occassion when a flag was out on pit straight the dude in the black s14 with blue visor went past us at the speed of light,this is not on,maybe your the best drifter in the world but a bit of common sense and heed in breifing may not scare the sh1t out of others,the 2 cars in front of me had to go of track at honda corner over you,learn to be patient behind the wheel,and the guy in the white twincam saloon,you ar exellent at what you do manji and all that ,but just check your mirrors every now and again as there was a tail back behind you for 5-6 laps.i aint looking for enemys just being honest,as for the new guy fair play first day out an it was well wet there,everyone spun there on friday,and go at the speed your comfortable at,great to see amys car run well fair play

Well said

m3con
04-01-12, 00:22
My new years resolution is to make the journey to mondello with the m3
Everyone a have ever been speekin to about it rates it second to none but
A believed this to be a proper race circuit
And everyone up this end of the country hasn't got anything even half as good but
By the sounds of things a prob be asked to leave after a short space of time leebo
Was gettin flagged for going too close to the wall the banning stick was called for
Cause lads were manji the straight now said driver in s14 with blue visor is gettin
A touch for going fast and scaring other drivers . This is why it's so hard ta get on
In this country it's full of feckin criers and complainers

Amy G
04-01-12, 11:36

Yes, there were a few numpties out there alright... What is the fascination with drifting the straight???? Seriously!!!
One particular guy would hold everyone up "drifting" the two straights (up to Dunlop and the main straight), and then not even drift the actual corners or else he would spin in each corner.... I'm pretty sure thats how NOT to do a drift day, but sure I've only been going to Mondello since they started the drift days, so what would I know :rolleyes::p

markII-90
04-01-12, 11:42
I heard it was Amy's fault ??

scooby
04-01-12, 23:15
My new years resolution is to make the journey to mondello with the m3
Everyone a have ever been speekin to about it rates it second to none but
A believed this to be a proper race circuit
And everyone up this end of the country hasn't got anything even half as good but
By the sounds of things a prob be asked to leave after a short space of time leebo
Was gettin flagged for going too close to the wall the banning stick was called for
Cause lads were manji the straight now said driver in s14 with blue visor is gettin
A touch for going fast and scaring other drivers . This is why it's so hard ta get on
In this country it's full of feckin criers and complainers

i was just saying about the safety aspect,ive being in motorsport for near on 18 years from karting to rallying and recently drifting,i have 3 kids a morgage and a missus,i work cause i have to,as we all no insurance dont cover track days or motorsport so if i or u were to get hurt on track and out of work for a couple of weeks-months i would have to sell alot of stuff to feed the above,this i dont want to do over some numtey that thinks they are invinsable,thats all just a bit of sense when on track,ta

serious tom
05-01-12, 01:59
Patience and using the loaf need to be applied.
Bita common sense lads.

Amy G
05-01-12, 11:51
I heard it was Amy's fault ??

Totes :D