PDA

View Full Version : whats the safest boost

m-sykes
23-10-09, 18:00
have a standard sr2o with intercooler and cat back exhaust system so just wondering whats the max and safest boost to run at? dont have boost controller buts its runnin at .6 i think

Eoin R.
23-10-09, 19:18
.6 is fine lad! if you put in a fuel pump,fpr and turn up the fuel a bit you could run it at .9 and have plenty of boogie in her!:cool:

andy t
23-10-09, 20:07
im runnin .9 at da mo with a full turbo back hks system, fmic & walbro 255 pump,

jonny b
23-10-09, 20:29
.6 is standard but max is 1.1

Arnie
23-10-09, 21:05
If you increase the boost you NEED to change the map as it's not only fuel but ignition timing that is very important. 95ron fuel doesn't help either. Walbro 255 is something that is a must as well. Cold type plugs (ngk bcpr7es), gap on the plugs .7 IIRc or it will kick back on WOT.

ppl have chips stage this and that my answer is get it tuned properly as they are only a compromise. I had a HD chip in my car was ok but results could be much better.

I'd never save on this, even in my newly acquired cheap CA18det.

If you cut the corners then you gotta pay, the skeleton of DET will eat your engine, bye bye pistons, have seen plenty of this. Also cheap chips which add too much fuel cause bore wash and other sort of shit, forget about it.

Oh, and your std old clutch might not keep up with this anyway (1 bar is about 270-290Nm of torque).

m-sykes
23-10-09, 21:33
If you increase the boost you NEED to change the map as it's not only fuel but ignition timing that is very important. 95ron fuel doesn't help either. Walbro 255 is something that is a must as well. Cold type plugs (ngk bcpr7es), gap on the plugs .7 IIRc or it will kick back on WOT.

ppl have chips stage this and that my answer is get it tuned properly as they are only a compromise. I had a HD chip in my car was ok but results could be much better.

I'd never save on this, even in my newly acquired cheap CA18det.

If you cut the corners then you gotta pay, the skeleton of DET will eat your engine, bye bye pistons, have seen plenty of this. Also cheap chips which add too much fuel cause bore wash and other sort of shit, forget about it.

Oh, and your std old clutch might not keep up with this anyway (1 bar is about 270-290Nm of torque).

have a new nismo one in it! roughly how much money we lookin man

nissan_doctor
23-10-09, 23:59
With a healthy engine, intake, exhaust, FMIC, fuel pump, and 1 stage colder plugs you can run up to 0.8-0.9 bar safely on the standard ecu as you are still running within the range of the factory ecu's knock control.

Any higher would require not only a mappable ecu but larger injectors and an uprated turbo for reliability too.

m-sykes
24-10-09, 08:07
With a healthy engine, intake, exhaust, FMIC, fuel pump, and 1 stage colder plugs you can run up to 0.8-0.9 bar safely on the standard ecu as you are still running within the range of the factory ecu's knock control.

Any higher would require not only a mappable ecu but larger injectors and an uprated turbo for reliability too.

thanks man

eileen
25-10-09, 10:02
well, going from my car, anything over 13psi/.9bar and you'll need a performance pump caus she'll cut. once she cuts you'll know the boost is too high or the rest of the setup lol like the guys said; stick to .8bar or like that if you wanna keep the rest of your setup.
otherwise id just get a pump and get onto h-dev and see what chip etc they recommend.

my spec is huge fmic, 255l pump, induction kit and cam breather, performance coilpacks and plugs and exhaust and she's running 1bar. now, she runs ok with that spec and stock ecu and injectors. have a hdev chip and boost valve to go in this week. so see what that does lol

Eoin R.
25-10-09, 11:11
Mind them boost valves eileen they spike like fuck!!

Davie
25-10-09, 11:17
.6 is standard but max is 1.1

well, going from my car, anything over 13psi/.9bar and you'll need a performance pump caus she'll cut. once she cuts you'll know the boost is too high or the rest of the setup lol like the guys said; stick to .8bar or like that if you wanna keep the rest of your setup.
otherwise id just get a pump and get onto h-dev and see what chip etc they recommend.

my spec is huge fmic, 255l pump, induction kit and cam breather, performance coilpacks and plugs and exhaust and she's running 1bar. now, she runs ok with that spec and stock ecu and injectors. have a hdev chip and boost valve to go in this week. so see what that does lol

1.1 and 1bar people come on its alrite if ya's wanna chance it on your cars but id never advise somebody to run this boost

podge
25-10-09, 16:41
1.1 and 1bar people come on its alrite if ya's wanna chance it on your cars but id never advise somebody to run this boost

i ran 1.2 on my s14 silvia for nearly 2 yrs and it was perfect not mapped
currently running the s13 at 1.2 to 1.3 mapped

eileen
25-10-09, 16:50

didnt advise it at all :p said 0.8 is good.
personally, its my car that makes its own spec... i just throw on random parts :rolleyes:

Davie
25-10-09, 18:07
i ran 1.2 on my s14 silvia for nearly 2 yrs and it was perfect not mapped
currently running the s13 at 1.2 to 1.3 mapped

what turbo?who mapped it lad?
and what power did it make

podge
25-10-09, 18:22
what turbo?who mapped it lad?
and what power did it make

s14 wasnt mapped

s13 is running on ihi turbo and 330 odd brake mapped by tdp

Davie
25-10-09, 18:28
s14 wasnt mapped

s13 is running on ihi turbo and 330 odd brake mapped by tdp

m-sykes asked what boost to run on his standard sr20 then you say your running 1.2-1.3bar on your sr20 but forgot to mention the ihi turbo :Dsum boyo

podge
25-10-09, 18:32
m-sykes asked what boost to run on his standard sr20 then you say your running 1.2-1.3bar on your sr20 but forgot to mention the ihi turbo :Dsum boyo

tats on the s13 mapped s14 was stanard turbo wit just walbro fuel pump fuel pressure regulator and front mount it ran grand for me but blew a piston since

Davie
25-10-09, 18:33
tats on the s13 mapped s14 was stanard turbo wit just walbro fuel pump fuel pressure regulator and front mount it ran grand for me but blew a piston since

:D i rest my case

m-sykes
25-10-09, 20:48
yea dont want to go meantal boost cos its a great engine and wanna keep it that way

bart
26-10-09, 00:17
ran my car all last year on 0.9..
turned it up to 1.2 in mondello.. and blew turbo... :(
so dont follow my little crazy ideas anyway,:rolleyes:

Davie
26-10-09, 10:04
ran my car all last year on 0.9..
turned it up to 1.2 in mondello.. and blew turbo... :(
so dont follow my little crazy ideas anyway,:rolleyes:

ahh its all good for a couple of minutes:D

S14a johno