PDA

View Full Version : Cost of drifting

Funnyonion
04-11-11, 13:49
Right folks after crimbo Im goina try get a tramper and do a few track days and that... I was just wondering what the average cost wud be for a drift day?? Entry fee, tyres etc...

Cheers ;)

ken red 180
04-11-11, 14:07
jesus lad your looking at 100 for fuel you"d want 6 new tires or 8 fairly new part worn and 120 for mondello for entry for the winter months,,,,, now you will get out cheaper than 450 to 500 but thats wat it usually costs me,,,,, in goldstone and other places it works out alot cheaper as entry is usually 50 notes and its not hard on tires or caseys drifters yard which is only 30 quid and tires depands on how you drive,,,,, or use cheap part worn tires and bring 10 to a track day and use a set every session pick these up for around 15euros each,,,,,, its shocking price for a days fun but worth every penny at the end of it all

pole drift
04-11-11, 14:16
Do you plan on having it a track only car? If so your gonna need to buy a jeep and trailer to tow it.

Have a read through this thread it might give you a better idea.

http://www.driftireland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5978

DaveM-sport
04-11-11, 14:34
jesus lad your looking at 100 for fuel you"d want 6 new tires or 8 fairly new part worn and 120 for mondello for entry for the winter months,,,,, now you will get out cheaper than 450 to 500 but thats wat it usually costs me,,,,, in goldstone and other places it works out alot cheaper as entry is usually 50 notes and its not hard on tires or caseys drifters yard which is only 30 quid and tires depands on how you drive,,,,, or use cheap part worn tires and bring 10 to a track day and use a set every session pick these up for around 15euros each,,,,,, its shocking price for a days fun but worth every penny at the end of it all

All depends on the car though and how much you want to spend.

You'd get away with cost of the entry fees (70-150) plus 50-60 euro of fuel would do alot of cars
Alot of cars may only use 2 set of tyres on some days but you would need to budget for 4 sets anyway.

You'd do a day at places like Tannery etc in a tramper with part-worns for less than a 100 euro including entry, fuel and cheap/free tyres but for places like Watergrasshill and Mondello, you would need to budget 250-500 depending on your car and level.

Thats not including getting to the track obviously so depending on if your trailering the car or driving it there, food and fuel for that will add to the cost too.

Its expensive but for a whole days fun, its still not bad really :)

m3con
04-11-11, 17:40
Normal drift outing is 30 of super
100 on tyres 50 entry 5 on cable ties
To put bumpers back on lol drifting is
Only as expensive as you let it become

s15_spec_r
04-11-11, 17:49
as above depends on track etc.
Cost me on average 500 for a day in mondello. More if i run out of petrol and tyres

darren C
04-11-11, 18:00
my last day in watergrasshill cost me bout 350 anyway. all depends on the car you have in mind

si_berry
04-11-11, 18:07
Too much! get into something else like fishing or something

s15_spec_r
04-11-11, 18:23
lol. Its the truth tho

Diesel-Dick
04-11-11, 18:51

this man speaks sense! :o

foshea
04-11-11, 18:53

True that

jap scrap
05-11-11, 14:24
I agree with the fishing think like everyone when we were all getting into it we were saying we would pick up a car for around 2k use second hand tryes cheap fun but you always want more and more next thing you are spending a few grand getting the car up to spec you need tow wagon trailer. i live in mayo so any place i want to go drifting is costing 100 - 150 diesel 100 petrol 300 - 400 tyres 50 - 120 entry fee if we go up the north its to far to drive that morning so food, drink, b and b 150ish its not cheap at all and anyone that tells you it is well they are lying plus you have to fix what you broke at your days drifting

Mac_C
05-11-11, 15:57
FUCK fishing if ya can only afford to get out 2-3 times a year tis worth it !

Ya will have as much fun in the likes of m1 , tannery and caseys yard than doing prodrift and mondelo IMO and save yourself a fortune !

Driftfest
06-11-11, 07:18
Just a thought lads have ye ever looked at hiring a car transporter to shift a load of cars to a drift event,crosbies come to mind?

conorosr20
06-11-11, 11:09
I loved drifting as a matter of fact i still do, it was and still quite litrally is like a drug, i first got involved back in the early days when it was the d1 irish series in rosegreen and the old school crew were at it smith,darren,deane,broderick and the rest. At the time it was bring a wreck and drive on and it was so much craic! I only got into ot myself then when it went to prodrift and i along with my mates we bought cars at first then realised we need trailers,then the expense just kept adding and adding,it frightens me to think back and count back up what i spent over the years at it, yes it was a waste of money but yes i enjoyed every last minute of it.While i drifted i never had a penny,i was driving a shitter of a road car whilst everything from my wages was clearing my loan/drift car payment,its only when i sold it i started to actually have money again! If i was to do it all over id have just done track days with a road car,you need to think long and hard before getting into it its so so expensive but still its so so addictive! Hard choice dude!

gearys14
06-11-11, 11:26
your talking 4k for the car, transporter and then a cheap towing wagon! and thats only to get started, then you need fuel, tires, accomadation etc.. then after a month or two you will want more power, extra lock, better this or that! i had to stop drifting on the roads or i would have no licence now or arrested! :P it is seriously expensive but imo way better than road drifting you can go as hard as you like, rub walls, break whatever and still be able to throw it up on the transporter drive home and fix it when you can! instead of being stuck there if it was your road car... do it just have deep pockets :P