PDA

View Full Version : Hydralic hancbrake

Midnight
20-10-09, 11:10
Well folks,i am soon going to be fitting a hydralic handbrake to my S13,something like the Group4 fabrication vertical 1,

Could you guys that have 1 fitted post some pics of the best place to mount it for comfort and most effiecent use,all advice would be greatfull.

sil80drifter
20-10-09, 11:14
Well folks,i am soon going to be fitting a hydralic handbrake to my S13,something like the Group4 fabrication vertical 1,

Could you guys that have 1 fitted post some pics of the best place to mount it for comfort and most effiecent use,all advice would be greatfull.

is it a track car or road car?

Midnight
20-10-09, 11:20
Oh yea track car dude,completely striped out

sil80drifter
20-10-09, 11:23
Oh yea track car dude,completely striped out

i had mine mounted up beside the gear stick but wasnt great to pull it quick, i hav it bolted wher the original handbrake was its quick to pull and its right beside u i just bolted the cable one a bit back, best thing to do is sit in the car and place it wher its comfortable and easy accesible, ill take a pic of mine later and see wat u tink :D

Davie
20-10-09, 11:29
i find it best mounting it in between the gearstick and seat had it like that on the r32 and was mounted the same on the 14 when i got it
i find it best cause its in between were your left hand is most the steering wheel and gearstick
dont mind the mess,im doing a bit of wiring at the min
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24/Davie210/001-1.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24/Davie210/002-2.jpg

Midnight
20-10-09, 11:30
i had mine mounted up beside the gear stick but wasnt great to pull it quick, i hav it bolted wher the original handbrake was its quick to pull and its right beside u i just bolted the cable one a bit back, best thing to do is sit in the car and place it wher its comfortable and easy accesible, ill take a pic of mine later and see wat u tink :D

Yea i see loads bolted very close to the dash,but there isn't much room on the tunnel to be bolting it next the gearstick,pics would be great lad,also anyone else with input,feel free to input:D:D:D

Midnight
20-10-09, 11:35
Cheers Davie,yea thats what i was thinking,as i said does'nt seam to be much room for it but i suppose i could weld a wee bracket onto the tunnel for it to sit on,suppose i won't know till i get 1 ad just sit it into place.
What handbrake you useing Davie??

Davie
20-10-09, 11:37
Yea i see loads bolted very close to the dash,but there isn't much room on the tunnel to be bolting it next the gearstick,pics would be great lad,also anyone else with input,feel free to input:D:D:D

it depends on the car,on the r32 i had enough room to bolt it to the tunnel without obstructing the gear change but on the s14 there isnt much room so there is a metal bracket welded in place to mount the hydro stick

Davie
20-10-09, 11:39
Cheers Davie,yea thats what i was thinking,as i said does'nt seam to be much room for it but i suppose i could weld a wee bracket onto the tunnel for it to sit on,suppose i won't know till i get 1 ad just sit it into place.
What handbrake you useing Davie??

well i had the new driftworks handbrake in the r32 and have what seems to be the older driftworks model in the s14,both have willwood cyclinders
good job:D

Midnight
20-10-09, 11:43
Yea little bracket is what i had in mind,thanks for the advice lad.
Just going to have to fork out and buy 1 now.

Did you ever plumb in your own,is there much work in it,you hear some horror stories about not being able to get pressure into it and stuff

sil80drifter
20-10-09, 11:44
http://i4.bebo.com/050a/8/large/2009/10/20/11/458172795a11750141907l.jpg

you can get an idea from this. it was mounted at the gear stick as u can see the braket beside it

Midnight
20-10-09, 11:46
Yea defanitely,thanks for the input lad

Davie
20-10-09, 11:47
ffrenchy plumbed the s14 with copper pipe,proper job he did
but i took the lazy way out on the 32 and bought the braided lines,easy job to do man once its bleeded right,let me know when your fitting it and ill explain better

Midnight
20-10-09, 11:50
ffrenchy plumbed the s14 with copper pipe,proper job he did
but i took the lazy way out on the 32 and bought the braided lines,easy job to do man once its bleeded right,let me know when your fitting it and ill explain better

Yea i will do lad,thanks for the advice