PDA

View Full Version : gt3582???

whiskeyjack88
28-10-11, 14:57
Thinking of picking up a copy of this garrett turbo for the r33 but don't know much bout turbo's at all and was wondering if there's anyone on here that has had any experience with them?

Cheers

topdog
28-10-11, 21:32
Whats wrong with your own turbo? And you just got the car mapped???

whiskeyjack88
28-10-11, 21:52
Don't like it and the elbow is in shit with all the weld on it...
I'll be needing a remap anyway cause i'v this on the way :p
http://www.themoffshop.co.uk/shopitem.aspx?OBJ_ID=4212761

whiskeyjack88
30-10-11, 13:26
Anyone?

bart@jdm
31-10-11, 09:43
well are you getting a copy or real deal, copy i will dissagree coz you know the way the are..., inlet nice , this turbo will be A bit laggggggggeeee, spool around 4.5 to 5 k rpm, but some wack when it comes, are you thinking top or bottom mount? give me a shout for more info, my rb25 r32 is running larger one, i have complate list of stuff needed for this conversion

yowdy
31-10-11, 10:59
a copy will b a load of crap then blow up and end up in ur sump,, save up and get the real deal

whiskeyjack88
31-10-11, 17:01
Ya I'd probably save up and get the real deal, but its just so tempting to get a copy cause its so cheap....
Can you pm me a list of those parts please bart? Thinking of going topmount but not sure yet.

Bradley_Motorworks
31-10-11, 21:12
I use lots of the proper GT35s...Customers have got me to put the copy ones on too...
On rb25 GT35 is brilliant turbo...Full boost 4600rpm...Great top end power... Garrett ones last for ever good for 30psi easily...
The copy ones are not as bad as you think... I have fitted 4 of them to various engines...
One of them on a 25 was running 1.7 bar and made 550hp...Its still alive.
Another one was on a 4 door 33 Rb25 running 1.4 bar...Got a whole drift season out of it...then got smoky.
The other one was on an sr running 1.9 bar for 6 months...It was sold on still perfect...
The last on is On D Mc Brides JZX90 Chasser @ 1.4 bar...Still going strong.

They are not roller bearing therefore need lots of oil...People were fitting them with the Garrett 1mm restrictor and getting 2 days out of them...Run a big 3+mm restrictor on them and they do seem to last well...By no means as good as Garrett but cheap and cheerful... £280 You can get them 4

whiskeyjack88
31-10-11, 23:17
I use lots of the proper GT35s...Customers have got me to put the copy ones on too...
On rb25 GT35 is brilliant turbo...Full boost 4600rpm...Great top end power... Garrett ones last for ever good for 30psi easily...
The copy ones are not as bad as you think... I have fitted 4 of them to various engines...
One of them on a 25 was running 1.7 bar and made 550hp...Its still alive.
Another one was on a 4 door 33 Rb25 running 1.4 bar...Got a whole drift season out of it...then got smoky.
The other one was on an sr running 1.9 bar for 6 months...It was sold on still perfect...
The last on is On D Mc Brides JZX90 Chasser @ 1.4 bar...Still going strong.

They are not roller bearing therefore need lots of oil...People were fitting them with the Garrett 1mm restrictor and getting 2 days out of them...Run a big 3+mm restrictor on them and they do seem to last well...By no means as good as Garrett but cheap and cheerful... £280 You can get them 4

Wow, you have a nice bit of experience so with the copies of the garrett's and its exactly what i needed...cheers man!
Im going to be stupid now, whats restrictor and what does it do???
Also, does the gt35's have to be topmount? or is there an option of going low mount like the gt30's?

bart@jdm
01-11-11, 12:10
restrictor is just a banjo bolt in this case, Garrett turbos have restrictor's build into the cartridge, what he means, use like a water feed banjo which has larger diameter, i am fairly sure your oil feed pipe and banjo are sufficient enough from what i can remember, i am just after working out a deal with garrett so i can get turbos genuine with 12 month warranty cheap enough and they can supply and modiffy catridges, and compressor wheels to suit any application,
dont foget to run high boost you will have to do some internal work, ill give you a shout to discuss all the risks and min parts required.