PDA

View Full Version : tips

shay
19-10-09, 19:20
alri lads lukin for tips wen i go to my first track day nt for a while but any suggestions on the best way to start the day:D all the way up to in the middle of a slide:)

thanx.

Dreamworks-silvia
19-10-09, 19:30
wtf!!:confused: major session the night before is usually the best way to start

Midnight
19-10-09, 19:34
Im no pro driver dude but ill give you some

1.STAY OUT of trouble.You will most likely be put in groups in the likes of mondello drift practice,if so try stay at the back follow maybe a guy with some exsperience,see where to initiate drift,where to push hard and where to wind it in.

2.Go out with the attitude if its your 1st day out that you are going to bring home the car in 1 piece,if there is a guy pushing hard behind you let him past,if you are drifting behind a guy and he looks a bit dodge,give him some room,coz 1 thing is for sure you and a good few lads WILLLLL Spin if its your 1st time drifting.

3.As you get the feel of your car you will get confidence,then you can go mental,:D:D:D

4.Always a good idea to bring few spare parts,wheels and tyres,oils eg.engine,brake,coolant,gearbox maybe,jack and tools,nothing worse than your day ending at half 11,150 squid down the drain.

Also if you know a guy with some exsperience,try get a few laps in the car with him,you'll be surprized what you will learn from watchen in car and doing yourself

shay
19-10-09, 19:35
basically the best way to get the car into a drift!! wat i shud bring with me etc etc!!

Dreamworks-silvia
19-10-09, 19:36
ever hear of handbrake:confused:

shay
19-10-09, 19:38
Im no pro driver dude but ill give you some

1.STAY OUT of trouble.You will most likely be put in groups in the likes of mondello drift practice,if so try stay at the back follow maybe a guy with some exsperience,see where to initiate drift,where to push hard and where to wind it in.

2.Go out with the attitude if its your 1st day out that you are going to bring home the car in 1 piece,if there is a guy pushing hard behind you let him past,if you are drifting behind a guy and he looks a bit dodge,give him some room,coz 1 thing is for sure you and a good few lads WILLLLL Spin if its your 1st time drifting.

3.As you get the feel of your car you will get confidence,then you can go mental,:D:D:D

4.Always a good idea to bring few spare parts,wheels and tyres,oils eg.engine,brake,coolant,gearbox maybe,jack and tools,nothing worse than your day ending at half 11,150 squid down the drain.

Also if you know a guy with some exsperience,try get a few laps in the car with him,you'll be surprized what you will learn from watchen in car and doing yourself

cheers lad great advice.im nt lukin for advice from a pro i wnt advice and inputs from all driver skill levels!!

shay
19-10-09, 19:40
ever hear of handbrake:confused:

look at wat midnight wrote usefull info i no the basics just wntin peoples info:)

Administrator
19-10-09, 19:41
What car is it man? Will determine a lot on how you'll be initiating

Romo
19-10-09, 19:43
Get a few laps with an experienced driver, best way to learn when to throw the car into a slide etc and im sure theres no shortage of lads on here who wouldn't mind showing off, also get someone to with exp to come out in the car when your driving this helps ALOT and its good to have someone with a level head in the car with ya if things get a bit dodge

Ya cant really explain how to drift by readin it you gotta just get out and try it!

shay
19-10-09, 19:46

bmw 325i e36:D

Dreamworks-silvia
19-10-09, 19:46
:rolleyes:

what darragh said we cant give answers if you dont tell us wat ur driving for all we know it could be a wheel barrow:rolleyes: and besides you should have some idea ur self of how to do it before you bring your self to a track that could be packed with other cars

shay
19-10-09, 19:48
Get a few laps with an experienced driver, best way to learn when to throw the car into a slide etc and im sure theres no shortage of lads on here who wouldn't mind showing off, also get someone to with exp to come out in the car when your driving this helps ALOT and its good to have someone with a level head in the car with ya if things get a bit dodge

Ya cant really explain how to drift by readin it you gotta just get out and try it!

so in other words get sme1 to just help me out by sitin in the car telin me wat ta do or wat not ta do!! then get in an experianced drivers car and just watch and take note:D

thanx delab:cool:

Administrator
19-10-09, 19:50
How's your handbrake?! I've never drifted a long ass naturally aspirated car so I'm probably not your man for tips here dude I'm afraid!

Best thing that happened to me when I was starting out drifting was getting someone who knew what they were at in beside me.

After that all I can say is have fun! Don't take it too seriously

Midnight
19-10-09, 19:50

Yea exactly,you will find your own way to suit how you drive,weather it be throw the car at it,kick the clutch or simply handbrake and power over,if you are doing the later make sure your handbrake is adjusted properly,and decent brakes all round in case of emergency. :D:D

Also jst have a blast,you are only learning,so you wil spin alot,don't get disheartened,stay at it,if you are frustrated you will loose interest,or somtimes it helps to get f**k angry and throw the car around the place.

Don't try be a HERO

shay
19-10-09, 19:52
what darragh said we cant give answers if you dont tell us wat ur driving for all we know it could be a wheel barrow:rolleyes: and besides you should have some idea ur self of how to do it before you bring your self to a track that could be packed with other cars[/QUOTE]

how can i hav an idea my self wen iv no wre to try it b4 i go to a track so i jus wna find a nice quite track day as it can be.and try my best:D

Romo
19-10-09, 19:52
so in other words get sme1 to just help me out by sitin in the car telin me wat ta do or wat not ta do!! then get in an experianced drivers car and just watch and take note:D

thanx delab:cool:

More or less, I aint shit compared to some of the lads on here but I'm gettin there...

What specs on the 325? the stiffer the better so if your doin it on a budget chop the springs and get a few strut braces, maybe a hydro handbrake if ya feel like splashing out a bit

shay
19-10-09, 19:55
How's your handbrake?! I've never drifted a long ass naturally aspirated car so I'm probably not your man for tips here dude I'm afraid!

Best thing that happened to me when I was starting out drifting was getting someone who knew what they were at in beside me.

After that all I can say is have fun! Don't take it too seriously

its a gud strong hb.aahh dnt wat uve drivin all advice taken in

Davie
19-10-09, 19:56
iv trying to drift bmws before and failed badly,
id use the handbrake to break traction and leave things easier on the car,
then power on as required,if its dry id say you'll need to be aggressive with the accelerator and revs to keep her moving

shay
19-10-09, 19:59
More or less, I aint shit compared to some of the lads on here but I'm gettin there...

What specs on the 325? the stiffer the better so if your doin it on a budget chop the springs and get a few strut braces, maybe a hydro handbrake if ya feel like splashing out a bit

well got lowering springs all round induction kit two into 1 exhauust with 1 fat box:D.thers a cage goin in her.diffs weldid of course.completely stripped ou with sparco bucket seat and omp haness and few odre bits

Romo
19-10-09, 20:06
well got lowering springs all round induction kit two into 1 exhauust with 1 fat box:D.thers a cage goin in her.diffs weldid of course.completely stripped ou with sparco bucket seat and omp haness and few odre bits

Should be grand so, well try starting off by clutch kicking coming outta the corners and practise catching it when it goes out, then start handbraking coming into the corners and once you get the hang of them just put the two together thats basically how I've been dooing it, wet weather is good to practise in as ya dont need as much speed or power but at the same time ya cant stop as quickly....

lsd32
19-10-09, 20:13
ya want to get used to having the car sideways first lad so id just clutch kick her outta the corners and get used to it that way first.then even try to transition when your sideways and try get a feel for that cause thats probably the hardest bit to master or feel comfortable with.i wouldnt get too hung up on initiations on your fist day but if you feel confident give it a bash,give the handbrake a jerk to get her sidways coming into the bend then get on the power and try hold the drift.

where are you planning on going for your first outing??

shay
19-10-09, 20:28
ya want to get used to having the car sideways first lad so id just clutch kick her outta the corners and get used to it that way first.then even try to transition when your sideways and try get a feel for that cause thats probably the hardest bit to master or feel comfortable with.i wouldnt get too hung up on initiations on your fist day but if you feel confident give it a bash,give the handbrake a jerk to get her sidways coming into the bend then get on the power and try hold the drift.

where are you planning on going for your first outing??

Goldstone lad