PDA

View Full Version : Thinkin maybe Oil Pump gave up in my 180sx

alan180sx
18-10-09, 12:25
hey like above was takin off at a cross the other nite (an no i wasnt sideways), jus takin off easy heard a small rattle an the oil light came on. turned off the car instantly got out to ave a luk i new it couldnt ave bein low on oil as i had checked it dat day but i had a luk anyway an she had plenty oil. had no oil leak r anythin, towed her home showed the father an he said it had lost oil pressure an the timing chain tensioner had began to slackin causin the rattle. so we said we would take out the engine drop the sump an take out the big end bearings and the main bearings an to my surprise the wasnt a mark on any of em.

Now my main question is, would it ave def bein the oil pump, do i rebuild the engine ie new pump, bearings etc r do i jus go anyway an get a new engine.

any1 wit advise guys it would b much appreciated as im goun mad without the car

ae86f20c
18-10-09, 17:07
Id be thinking of priceing an oil pump throu nissan or if they can be rebuilt, price a rebuild kit. If donig this ur aswell replace big ends and mains. After that it depends on how long she was turning over with the low pressure.

second hand engines not 2 bad of moneys anymore but u'd prob be more sure of what u have if ya built ur own...

alan180sx
18-10-09, 17:12
Id be thinking of priceing an oil pump throu nissan or if they can be rebuilt, price a rebuild kit. If donig this ur aswell replace big ends and mains. After that it depends on how long she was turning over with the low pressure.

second hand engines not 2 bad of moneys anymore but u'd prob be more sure of what u have if ya built ur own...

thanks man. i priced the oil pump from nissan it 315 plus the vat,acl racing bearings conrod an crank 1s 150, crank seal cum free wit the pump and the oil pump gasket is 10 yoyos.

it gona work out at round 550 600 yoyos on parts

colm
18-10-09, 20:06
have a look at www.thenismoshop.com

youl get a new oilpump for a fraction of the price, there in america and always quick getting stuff out.

Id def change the main and big end bearings too, do the thrust bearings aswell while your at it, there only bout $10.

alan180sx
18-10-09, 22:52
thanks guys

m-sykes
18-10-09, 23:01
thanks man. i priced the oil pump from nissan it 315 plus the vat,acl racing bearings conrod an crank 1s 150, crank seal cum free wit the pump and the oil pump gasket is 10 yoyos.

it gona work out at round 550 600 yoyos on parts

yad buy a engine as cheap man

nissan_doctor
19-10-09, 10:51
yad buy a engine as cheap man

Rebuild is the way to go, Find a good SR20 is getting very hard these days and for the same money you could build yourself essentially a new engine.

I get alot of my stuff in west covina Nissan(nismo shop) and the lads are great to deal with although I don't know how much they charge for shipping but Its definatly going to be cheaper then buying here.

There are also dozens of other places in the states to get SR20 parts very cheap.

pandy180sx
19-10-09, 16:58
id prefer to get myne rebuilt even if it cost a bit more cause at least youd know wat you have

bart
19-10-09, 17:00
id prefer to get myne rebuilt even if it cost a bit more cause at least youd know wat you have

x2................ only way to go... :cool:

alan180sx
19-10-09, 17:08
ya guys takin the advise goin rebuildin her dont care wat it costs but prices from the nismo shop are gud compared to god dam main dealer ere. as a few people ave said at least il no wat i ave at the end of the day

alan180sx
23-10-09, 16:31
havin tough time locatin a new oil pump an front cover assembly. the nismo shop wont ave 1 in stock again for at least a month r more an it the same situation with FRsports.

any1 no any other shops to deal wit

nissan_doctor
24-10-09, 00:01
Try www.apex-performance.co.uk or www.conceptua-tuning.co.uk

alan180sx
31-10-09, 13:35
parts on the wat from the states thank god