PDA

View Full Version : Painting in Matte and Cage/Interior help! :-)

DaveZigen
04-10-11, 14:35
Right, I've decided to paint the drift car. Got a good paint/graphics scheme in mind but as I am an idiot with no experience I'm going to ask a few silly questions!

- How much paint needed? e.g. an S14
- Do I need to wet sand or can I just get a sander and go at it dry?
- How the hell do you paint the cage when it's already in the car?
- Do i need primer if the matte colour isn't black/dark?

Any other info really appretiated before I make a mess of this ;)

Baz_180
04-10-11, 15:22
This might help some bit

http://www.driftireland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14542&highlight=Wet+sand

ste
04-10-11, 16:14
dave is there any sites with graphic schemes for idea's like dont want car lookin all plain ya no

insejn
04-10-11, 16:17
get someone that does graffiti or some graphic design to do it for you, i would be more than happy to help ste if you're stuck!

ste
04-10-11, 16:21
get someone that does graffiti or some graphic design to do it for you, i would be more than happy to help ste if you're stuck!

just dont want it lookin so plain, it's my first year drifting so my €130 respray is staytin put, the car will have rota grid drifts fitted and they'll either be stayin white or going blue like interior so wanna liven the look up a tad

insejn
04-10-11, 16:32
just dont want it lookin so plain, it's my first year drifting so my €130 respray is staytin put, the car will have rota grid drifts fitted and they'll either be stayin white or going blue like interior so wanna liven the look up a tad

blue could look well if the stickers on a car were done in blue/whatever other colour combo ya know!
if ya decide to go ahead giz a shout i can play around on photoshop for ya ! :-)

ste
04-10-11, 16:33
well feel free to have a mess about :)

Robbie Daly Ps13
04-10-11, 17:37
Matt paint ruins a car....! Fact...!

DaveZigen
04-10-11, 18:19
Cheers lads, good read from that thread! I'm keeping my design close to my chest on this one but If you look at some of the world pro cars Ste it's generally about breaking the colour up and putting complicated patterns that look harder than they are. It makes all the difference I reckon and I'm actually going with a theme on the car so it won't be that serious, just like my chances in Prodrift ;)

I promise I won't ruin it Rob:p

Mick K
04-10-11, 18:43
What paint do you need?

ste
04-10-11, 18:43
Matt paint ruins a car....! Fact...!

give it 3 weeks and your massey red will be faded that much it may aswell be matt :)

Mick K
04-10-11, 18:59
give it 3 weeks and your massey red will be faded that much it may aswell be matt :)

Massey Red wont fade,Look at Naked Meegans 32,Like the day she was painted!

Robbie Daly Ps13
04-10-11, 19:08
Theres a thing called laqure ste and another thing called a buffer...! Both of which u can't use on your car...!

DaveZigen
05-10-11, 16:57
I'll be onto you for paint Mick!:)