PDA

View Full Version : R34 rb26 Conversion.....

Clockworks
15-10-09, 09:57
Hi guys,
Im just about to undertake a rb26tt conversion to my r34 gtt,the meat and bones of the swap im pretty confident with,whats making me nervous is the wiring,any suggestions on who might be able to do that side of it if i get stuck? cheers.....

ae86f20c
15-10-09, 10:07
Depends what part of country u from lad, Will the gtt gearbox bolt straight up to her?

nissan_doctor
15-10-09, 10:08
Hi guys,
Im just about to undertake a rb26tt conversion to my r34 gtt,the meat and bones of the swap im pretty confident with,whats making me nervous is the wiring,any suggestions on who might be able to do that side of it if i get stuck? cheers.....

Just get the complete wiring loom from a 34 GTR and you shouldn't have any probs.

It will run the engine etc properly and all the secondary system like climate control etc are the same between GTT and GTR

Mick K
15-10-09, 10:18
Just get the complete wiring loom from a 34 GTR and you shouldn't have any probs.

It will run the engine etc properly and all the secondary system like climate control etc are the same between GTT and GTR

Is there not a conversion harness available now for changing at the bulkhead on the 25 to convert to the 26?

nissan_doctor
15-10-09, 11:44
Depends what part of country u from lad, Will the gtt gearbox bolt straight up to her?

All skyline boxes fit all RB engines

Is there not a conversion harness available now for changing at the bulkhead on the 25 to convert to the 26?

No that I've heard of but like I said It wouldn't be needed. There is no factory connector on the bulkhead anyway, it all runs in to the ECU.

@clockworks: Don't forget you'll need to modify the sump on the RB26 aswell.

Clockworks
15-10-09, 19:45
Thanks for the input guys;
and please excuse my ignorance,(I`v been avoiding wiring for as long as i can remember) do you mean the complete loom(inc all dash wiring/including such things as radio,switches etc) or just the wiring that enters from the engine bay to the ecu?

The rb26 engine is currently fitted to a converted r33gts, this one..(http://www.driftireland.com/showthread.php?t=2282) which i bought as my donor car on tuesday! could the loom from the r33 be used or should i start looking for a r34 one, believe me i`ll be greatful for any and all advice on this one ..........cheers.

carpo
15-10-09, 19:49
i have a r34 skyline here with r33 gt-r running gear.buy this save ya doing
the conversion lol:)

nissan_doctor
15-10-09, 20:29
Thanks for the input guys;
and please excuse my ignorance,(I`v been avoiding wiring for as long as i can remember) do you mean the complete loom(inc all dash wiring/including such things as radio,switches etc) or just the wiring that enters from the engine bay to the ecu?

The rb26 engine is currently fitted to a converted r33gts, this one..(http://www.driftireland.com/showthread.php?t=2282) which i bought as my donor car on tuesday! could the loom from the r33 be used or should i start looking for a r34 one, believe me i`ll be greatful for any and all advice on this one ..........cheers.

You see the probs will arise depending on what car the RB26 came from.

If the engine came from an R34 GTR and you got an R34 GTR loom from the engine to your ecu then thats all you would need.

Since you have bought a car that is already a conversion it would be near impossible to say without working out what way the wireing was done before.

Clockworks
15-10-09, 20:49
only if you take my own R34 gtt against it carpo!

.....would the wiring issue be something you would take on,nissandoc?

nissan_doctor
15-10-09, 21:23
only if you take my own R34 gtt against it carpo!

.....would the wiring issue be something you would take on,nissandoc?

I could have a look alright. Have you already started stripping your car or what stage are you at?

Easiest thing to do would be fit the engine and loom from the r33 you have and then see if it runs and if not trace the problem then.

Clockworks
15-10-09, 21:32
Im hoping to start stripping on monday,,could i give you a quick pm when im at the wiring stage?

nissan_doctor
15-10-09, 21:42
Im hoping to start stripping on monday,,could i give you a quick pm when im at the wiring stage?

No problem, any help you need just shout..

Clockworks
20-10-09, 13:50
Just another quick question,the rb26 engine seams reasonably quite and runs and pulls well,what would be the basic requirements before it goes back into the R34,I was thinking basis service items(oils,plugs,filters etc)and head/turbo gaskets sets,is there anything else I should check/change while its out of the car?

Clockworks
21-10-09, 10:29
thoughts anyone?

ontherack
21-10-09, 13:20
Might be worth checking (replacing) the main, and big end bearings. ARP rod bolts.

Clockworks
18-11-09, 15:29
Hi again,,Finally got the rb26 fitted and running,next on the agenda is getting the speedo,rev clock and water temp working,Iv been told the r34 and r33 speedos work differently(ps we used the r33 engine loom....),any advice would be greatly appreciated...