PDA

View Full Version : New indoor drifting track.

Adamoc
22-09-11, 16:02
Rite lads was talking to my da their ,he has a yard and ware house in the Dublin area it was a cold store he shut it down a few weeks back and it's siting idle at the moment, has all concrete floors might be a bit slippy but fuck it. I'm thinking of setting up a bit of a indoor track . But I don't no what way ta go around it , insurance and the likes. Pls let me no what Ye think or if you have any info that would help me tanx. I would try and run it some way like the m1 all going to plan.

MartyMoore
22-09-11, 16:25
as cool as it sounds. Anything held in dublin like that will draw the wrong people and the law will be onto it in no time

Adamoc
22-09-11, 16:37
Ye was thinking bout that but it will all be indoor their is 2 small rooms 4 parking a big loading bay and then the main room wher the fun will happen once every one is in the yard wil be locked and the doors in from the loading bay can also be closed.

Chuck_g
22-09-11, 16:45
Few pics would defo help lad......go from there then.

Adamoc
22-09-11, 16:56
[QUOTE=Chuck_g;302290]Few pics would defo help lad......go from there then.[. Will do i have ta take the rest of the rackin down their is some amount of it il try take pics tomoro if I can get out of work early.!

Steo84
22-09-11, 19:50
Ya will have to leave a door open somewhere to let the tyre smoke and exhaust fumes out. The noise will be loud so if there is houses around it will just end up being closed like the m1.

DaveM-sport
22-09-11, 20:11
As said, there will need to be very good ventilation systems in the building as otherwise you'll be closed down due to health ans safety reasons if you don't be closed down for noise first :(

Hopefully its in the middle of nowhere in a remote quiet industrial estate though miles from any residential areas (no matter how unlikely in Dublin) :D

Adamoc
22-09-11, 20:16
Ya will have to leave a door open somewhere to let the tyre smoke and exhaust fumes out. The noise will be loud so if there is houses around it will just end up being closed like the m1.

I have it all worked out i think , its an ex cold store so well insulated their for sound prof part of the roof is down and has an open gabled roof over that. their is also six big fans ta blow that shit out. The place wil be on lock down when every one is in.Garda wil also notified , it would be drivers +2 maybe, and a disclaimer to sign. The main thing is 2 keep the ppl Ye don't want in the premisesy out but it should be ok. I'm headin up their with my car the wknd and a good few of my mates are coming ta give me a hand ta strip the racking and setup. Al goin to plan it wil work I hope.

DaveM-sport
22-09-11, 20:31
Was thinking it would have something that could work for extracting air alright if it was a cold store but just thought i'd mention it in case you hadn't thought about it but looks like you have almost everything covered :)

maybe a trail run with maybe just one car first sometime with a few of your mates and if possible measure what kinda sound levels are heard outside when the place is closed and all the fans working etc.

Obviously it will be louder with more than one car running on the track plus cars in the parking areas etc (unless you can barely hear anything from outside with the car running on track) but at least you will have a good idea and something to back up your case when you go to the gardai and locals about organizing a regular event there.

Would be pretty cool if it goes ahead though as the noise and atmosphere drifting indoors would be amazing.

rb25dett
22-09-11, 20:55
is the site industrial zoned and the council will have something to say as its a change of use and for insurance could find it hard for in door just said i put me say in

Mick K
22-09-11, 20:57
Any pics of the racking if hes selling it :D

ste
22-09-11, 21:05
with a bitta luck somethin positive comes from this

ken red 180
22-09-11, 21:07
great idea lad but honestly you would go deaf with a track indoors and as for noise polution laws... i don"t think it will work,,,, out but fingers crossed

Derk
22-09-11, 22:46
Sounds cool if it works and its big enough... Hope it works out lad

Adamoc
29-09-11, 09:46
Have been researching all week and fuck me is it hard 2 set up any sort of drift track. And a disclaimer is not wort the paper it's printed on im told with out insurance ,my da was on to his mate who sorts out stages and shit like that 4 rally Ireland and he said he has been tryin to set up a drift track for the last year or that and no joy, nobody wants to no anything about drifting ta al. Sorry 4 getin ur hopes up lads at least I have my Owen little drift track ha.

bart
29-09-11, 13:30
at least I have my Owen little drift track ha.

whats your favorite color?????

LAGGER
29-09-11, 13:49
You should cycle your bike round in circles making drifting noises