PDA

View Full Version : prodrift academy

shay
14-10-09, 17:49
as above wud it be worth while payin for a days training with the pd academy?

Stevo
14-10-09, 17:53
as above wud it be worth while payin for a days training with the pd academy?

No lad, head up to the UDC lads its alot cheaper;)

shay
14-10-09, 18:08
wre are they located? thanx man

bnollie
14-10-09, 18:43
well what ive heard id do the same

Davie
14-10-09, 18:54
honestly i wouldnt,its good craic but poor seat time

Stevo
14-10-09, 19:03
wre are they located? thanx man

Check out the UDC section on here lad or www.sideways-racing.co.uk

shay
14-10-09, 19:09
honestly i wouldnt,its good craic but poor seat time

so bad idea basically just get my car to a track and try ta drift it?

Davie
14-10-09, 19:13
exactly,i learned more in mondello than at the pd academy

shay
14-10-09, 19:16
but like ive never slid a car before so just go ta goldstone(nearest track)and av a few laps get the feel of the car and then just hit a corner wi no fear?

Davie
14-10-09, 19:19
just practice lifting the handbrake and over steering coming out of bends before ya go hell for leather:D

shay
14-10-09, 19:24
alri lad seems ta be the ri thing ta do thanx a million for the advice mate!!

Davie
14-10-09, 19:27
alri lad seems ta be the ri thing ta do thanx a million for the advice mate!!

im sure someone on here would be willing to show ya a few pointers if ya go to a trackday

stretcher46
14-10-09, 19:41
im in the same boat as you mate and im just going to try and go down to goldstone on a quit day and give it a lash.

Davie
14-10-09, 20:29
sure i wont be much better,been 6months since i drove a rwd

Pete
14-10-09, 20:58
Just go for it,it aint as hard as alota ppl make it out to be!just get used to sliding out of bends on the power first,then try it with the handbrake,easy peasy!

shay
15-10-09, 09:19
yea im defo gna go that route cheers lads.

Newsome
15-10-09, 09:43
Ive being to the pd acadamy twice and most of the time your left looking at others drifting. They do give you good ideas and pointers but as soon as you start to get into it you have to get out of the car and let the next lad in. They have upto 20 people in one day which is way to much to make it worth while. Thats my opinion anyway.

Amy G
15-10-09, 10:45
Just go for it,it aint as hard as alota ppl make it out to be!just get used to sliding out of bends on the power first,then try it with the handbrake,easy peasy!

Ive being to the pd acadamy twice and most of the time your left looking at others drifting. They do give you good ideas and pointers but as soon as you start to get into it you have to get out of the car and let the next lad in. They have upto 20 people in one day which is way to much to make it worth while. Thats my opinion anyway.

TBH they do put too many in, and the switching cars so often is silly, you're only getting used to the car and they put you into a completely different one then!
And it is as hard as ppl make it out to be, its looks easy but it ain't! I've done stock racing before and always a high perfermonce road car but its taken me a good while to really get good in the car going sideways! Its just basically going against all your instincts/habits from driving normally, but once you get it going its the biz :cool:

Mick K
15-10-09, 10:52
TBH they do put too many in, and the switching cars so often is silly, you're only getting used to the car and they put you into a completely different one then!
And it is as hard as ppl make it out to be, its looks easy but it ain't! I've done stock racing before and always a high perfermonce road car but its taken me a good while to really get good in the car going sideways! Its just basically going against all your instincts/habits from driving normally, but once you get it going its the biz :cool:

In a nutshell.

shay
15-10-09, 12:07
thanx every1 for advice!

Will
15-10-09, 17:09

Interesting point. I have a day course voucher that I got for my birthday that I`ve been meaning to book. I didn`t hear much about it from people who had already done the day course. Changing cars seems like it would hinder progress as you get used to a certain cars handling

Cheers for the heads up.

Will.

eileen
16-10-09, 09:19
doing this on the 24th oct. hope its good. tbh i dont think its very expensive though. you wreck their tyres, their clutches and gearboxes and they cost more than what you pay on the day :rolleyes:

geordier1
19-10-09, 12:50
if u want to do a acadamey day id be more inclined to do Ffrenchie's wexican motorsport drift school,its alot cheaper and ul get more track time

Greg
19-10-09, 13:03
if u want to do a acadamey day id be more inclined to do Ffrenchie's wexican motorsport drift school,its alot cheaper and ul get more track time

Any more info on those days?

Martin ffrench
19-10-09, 22:35
Info coming soon dont worry all will be revealed.;)

Mick K
19-10-09, 22:38
Your a dark horse you are:cool:

--Sinead--
20-10-09, 09:02
doing this on the 24th oct

I'm doing it this sat aswell! :D Won it a few months back, god help them say they will have no cars left when I'm finished! :p

Davie
20-10-09, 09:12

good to hear it lad

Newsome
20-10-09, 09:25
doing this on the 24th oct. hope its good. tbh i dont think its very expensive though. you wreck their tyres, their clutches and gearboxes and they cost more than what you pay on the day :rolleyes:

I wouldnt say wreck clutches gearboxs or tyres even for that mater. Because if its a dry day they wet the track and if you clutch kick the car they tell you not to so it wouldnt be to bad on them.

Greg
20-10-09, 11:44

Good stuff. :cool: :D

eileen
25-10-09, 16:07
oookkk ill review this haha

point 1; they need to get better food lol. id recommend bringing a packed lunch :D
point 2; im still buzzing. cars are great craic. they are a lil banged up but thats really no surprise LOL. its good fun indeed. the weather was very bad though. it was lashing and it was freezing and windy. you stand around watching the others drift so its handier if its sunny and warm LOL...
point 3; smaller groups would be better imo... or more cars and drivers... drifting starts at 10 and we finished at 5:45 or something like that and had an hr lunch i think it was.

you deffo dont learn it in a day though. its just not enough time. to get the hang of it properly you'd need couple of days 1 on 1 tuition in the same car. the switching cars does NOT help a single bit imo...

worth the money :D had a great day. infected with the bug more than ever and next mod for me is a hydro h-brake lol

geordier1
26-10-09, 19:04
i done this on friday,there was only 8 of us doing it so it was good,i got on really well and i get to go back for another day for free:)

Frankae86
26-10-09, 19:49
Does that mean you won the day outright?
Do they pick the best lad/bird ;) on the day to move on or something?

geordier1
26-10-09, 21:33
Does that mean you won the day outright?
Do they pick the best lad/bird ;) on the day to move on or something?

i didnt win the day outright frank i finished 2nd,made an arse of my final run,didnt transition quick enuf,the top 3 on the day get to go back for an acadamey final and then the top 3 of the final get too compete in a round of the prodrift in there car free of charge...

nixon001
26-10-09, 23:34
worth the money :D had a great day. infected with the bug more than ever and next mod for me is a hydro h-brake lol[/QUOTE]

doin a special on them at the mo!!!!

eileen
27-10-09, 09:23
doin a special on them at the mo!!!!

are you now :D:D:D gawd thats good news lo

*runs into bedroom to turn over mattress for change*

Chuck_g
27-10-09, 10:41
Thinking bout getting a day out for Claire for christmas, but im having mixed thoughts!! Would i not be better off bringing the 180 to goldstone/tullow/bcourt etc and letting her drive it?

Mick K
27-10-09, 10:51
Thinking bout getting a day out for Claire for christmas, but im having mixed thoughts!! Would i not be better off bringing the 180 to goldstone/tullow/bcourt etc and letting her drive it?

Any thoughts on getting her the wexican experience?

Chuck_g
27-10-09, 10:58
Explain it to me!!!

Mick K
27-10-09, 11:15
Explain it to me!!!

€299 for the wexican day out and to be honest it would be better value for money.

Chuck_g
27-10-09, 11:36
Got a link to info??

Mick K
27-10-09, 11:48
Its not officially released yet Ted,Wont be long tho,Expect it this week or next and I'd imagine it will be in Kiltorcan

Chuck_g
27-10-09, 11:54
Mint, il hold off!

paddymcgrath
27-10-09, 15:43
Hey Chuck,

We've just launched the 'Experience' day, which is €99 and gets you (or her) a proper passenger run in the kevlar Altezza, a discount on clothing on the day, a full go kart grand prix and a 10% discount on the academy in the future. We also hope to have the simulator up and running for the first experience day.

The venue will be Kiltorcan, keep an eye on http://www.wexicanmotorsport.com/ and if you have any questions, fire them onto me at paddy (a) wexicanmotorsport.com :)

Chuck_g
27-10-09, 15:47
Hey Chuck,

We've just launched the 'Experience' day, which is €99 and gets you (or her) a proper passenger run in the kevlar Altezza, a discount on clothing on the day, a full go kart grand prix and a 10% discount on the academy in the future. We also hope to have the simulator up and running for the first experience day.

The venue will be Kiltorcan, keep an eye on http://www.wexicanmotorsport.com/ and if you have any questions, fire them onto me at paddy (a) wexicanmotorsport.com :)

Interesting, but she doesnt get to drive a drift car and learn?

paddymcgrath
27-10-09, 17:26
On the Academy days, she will of course. We're just trying to finalise a layout for the day to ensure maximum seat time :)

--Sinead--
27-10-09, 23:16
To be honest I would have been fair sick if I had paid €300 to do this! Thank god I had a free day at it! Didn't learn anything that I already knew, cars were balls of shite, definatly gonna do the next practice day in goldstone or watergrasshill in my own car, will be a million times better!

eileen
28-10-09, 09:19
To be honest I would have been fair sick if I had paid €300 to do this! Thank god I had a free day at it! Didn't learn anything that I already knew, cars were balls of shite, definatly gonna do the next practice day in goldstone or watergrasshill in my own car, will be a million times better!

we all saw keiichi's drift bible at one stage im sure, so technically we all know the theory but tbh there was very little theory. it was either driving or watching. the cars all had f**ed clutches but thats no surprise with all the abuse they get :rolleyes::D (especially from kav and damo... didnt take them lads 2 mins to take off the bumpers :p:D)
id prefer my car to any of the academy ones really and id recommend a practice day at a track to anyone who has a car that will drift. ;) but even then the academy is a good way to burst your bubble if you think you can drift haha. had a great day anyways :)