PDA

View Full Version : mondello afterthoughts

Eddie
10-09-11, 22:43
What did ye think of today, first time i've ever gone on a saturday nd I was well empressed :-D

Eddie
10-09-11, 22:48
^^^^^ wont let me edit that post. :-/

Team manfoot had the grand stand goin mad :-D twas a great day till the rain came and got more interestin in the rain :-P. Everybody was on fire today nd the action was none stop.

Drift_sil80
10-09-11, 23:44
totally enjoyed the day first time i got to drive the car all i can say is fook me im happy with it :) also fare play to pd dis year between organising events and judging they really have stepped up there game like it isnt that often you would see all the big names at a event in ireland like dai asbo polo james deane and all the rest of the falken team and the rest of the teams...
All i can say is ROLL ON PD RD1 2012 :cool:

Prodrifter86
10-09-11, 23:48
^^^ your in the yellow 180sx with the maaaaaaaazvie spoiler????? if so fuk lad! nice driving today!!!

what an awesome day! savage battles ...... crashes .! Pro Practice was unreal! alan sinnott was on fire. serious speeed!! ama's were great again! pitty it ended early!

team manfoot chucky chants FTW!

Drift_sil80
10-09-11, 23:53
^^^ your in the yellow 180sx with the maaaaaaaazvie spoiler????? if so fuk lad! nice driving today!!!

what an awesome day! savage battles ...... crashes .! Pro Practice was unreal! alan sinnott was on fire. serious speeed!! ama's were great again! pitty it ended early!

team manfoot chucky chants FTW!

yup that would be me :) ha cheers it was a bit messy but shur i was happy out getting to know the car a little ...

team manfoots spectators really know how to liven up the stand alright

Finbar180
11-09-11, 14:09
some savage driving there few results dodgie wez was robbed and a few other decisions were wrong but other thn tht very good driving all round sinnot to win it

2tonne
11-09-11, 17:44
Carpo was absolutely robbed in the superlap today IMO
Best run of the lot i thought.....

ValdelisBMW
11-09-11, 18:23
today i really enjoyed irish drift ,the drivers and their cars really worth attention ! but dont like finals like this :mad:

Boguey001
11-09-11, 19:41
What a drive from james deane, cant get the images of him diving up the inside out of my head, he had the whole grandstand on there feet at one stage, also gavin lenihan, hero drive, i taught carpo was robbed in his battle with phil morrision, taught it should have been at least another 1 more time but the level of talent there today was out of this world, anyone in the top 16 could have won it. Just an awesome day all round.

will_c
11-09-11, 19:44
What a crackin weekend! Best driving ive seen in a long time.. Few calls in the pro class today were a bit iffy imo, but im sure the judges can see things different from the tower than we can!!

nearly 4k photos from this weekend to go through now :p

Dunnedriftin
11-09-11, 19:44
Dai Yoshihara was ROBBED!!!

roll on the comments.....

pole drift
11-09-11, 19:49
Dai Yoshihara was ROBBED!!!

roll on the comments.....

He put 2 wheels off track, automatic 0. He wasn't robbed.

jdmjimmy
11-09-11, 19:55
Dmac straightened to the max drag raced from the corner to finish line ??

Stonie
11-09-11, 19:56
One wheel,,,:-)

si_berry
11-09-11, 19:58
Seen DMAC blow the sump open.. the cement blocks at the side of the track he went over are one directional.. track is meant to be driven the other way

What a weekend! Semi-pro standard is just ridiculous now, and today was just unreal!

bart
11-09-11, 19:59

as brendan said lad.. 1 wheel joe.....

jdmjimmy
11-09-11, 20:02
as brendan said lad.. 1 wheel joe.....

I saw one wheel go off track from where I was standing could be wrong do..

Dunnedriftin
11-09-11, 20:05

1 wheel!! And gem will be on to confirm that....! dmac drove half of the track!!

joey banana s14
11-09-11, 20:15
dmac straightend slightly on at honda on first run ,,in the second run dai put ONE wheel off track and then dmac drove the last two clips thats more mistakes than dai,,,i would have been happy with a re run but im not going back on this and i usually dont give out about judging but dai had it hands down no arguments was very dissapointing but epic driving from dmac none the less

JStone
11-09-11, 20:17
100% one wheel but no point worrying about it now :)

Cefiro Panch
11-09-11, 20:18
Have to say I really enjoyed the weekend!! Great standard of driving and some spectacular cars, but I have one massive MASSIVE GRIPE!!

The amount of time and money and effort the drivers put in is sensational and yet we they risk all of that on one run and go all out to impress the crowd and no-one even FUCKING CLAPS!

Its disgraceful, the amount of little shams happier to stand around a FUCKING PASSAT WITH SPEAKERS IN THE DOOR WITH THE FELLAS FAT MUNTER OF A GIRLFRIEND IN SOME TINY PAIR OF SHORTS! yet wen a word class drifter like Freddie Asebo or Dai put in a near backwards entry the place is lik a FUNERAL!!

I felt sorry for Dave trying to drumm up atmosphere, pathetic show of support and why would drivers ike Dai ever come back or encourage others to take part!! It was a great weekend except or the sunday support!!

Most in the crowd should be ashamed for not cheering!! Typical Ireland, theyl complain if its bad but wont show appreciation if its great!

joey banana s14
11-09-11, 20:21
^^^im with you on that one mate we clapped and cheered but we werent as loud as yesturday due to being hungover and horse but i agree 100%

mac
11-09-11, 20:24
judging by the look on Dmacs face..he couldnt believe he got thru and not dai!very good day,no rain!gavin lenihan was on fire!carpo and that smokemachine was unreal today!james deane...what a driver!

federal
11-09-11, 20:31
was great day really enjoyed feel sorry that didnt stay till the end

keith_b
11-09-11, 20:33
Gavin lenihan, brendan stone, james deane drove balls out every run. The level of driving was unreal but yet again some dodgy decisions. Carpo deserved a one more time again nothing between them. I think it was nearly decieded at the start to have a James deane Dmac final. In saying that you couldnt fault james deane all day serious pilot

si_berry
11-09-11, 20:48
^^^ totally agree with above, we we're down at the back of Ford corner most of the day.. was a funeral!

Lenihan was on fire all day, is he running something different, rb25 now??

will_c
11-09-11, 20:55
Have to say I really enjoyed the weekend!! Great standard of driving and some spectacular cars, but I have one massive MASSIVE GRIPE!!

The amount of time and money and effort the drivers put in is sensational and yet we they risk all of that on one run and go all out to impress the crowd and no-one even FUCKING CLAPS!

Its disgraceful, the amount of little shams happier to stand around a FUCKING PASSAT WITH SPEAKERS IN THE DOOR WITH THE FELLAS FAT MUNTER OF A GIRLFRIEND IN SOME TINY PAIR OF SHORTS! yet wen a word class drifter like Freddie Asebo or Dai put in a near backwards entry the place is lik a FUNERAL!!

I felt sorry for Dave trying to drumm up atmosphere, pathetic show of support and why would drivers ike Dai ever come back or encourage others to take part!! It was a great weekend except or the sunday support!!

Most in the crowd should be ashamed for not cheering!! Typical Ireland, theyl complain if its bad but wont show appreciation if its great!

Very well said mate.

jdmjimmy
11-09-11, 20:56

Well fair fucks to ya lad bout time someone said it I was clapping and shit with scummers standin around me sneering everytime the announcer dude said something to amp the crowd if he was in any other country he would have lifted the roof off the stand fair play to him also and poor oul phil morrison got about s much of a cheer ya would get for saying uv been keepin maddie mccann captive!..wouldnt be surprised if any of these guys decide to never set foot in this place again with our great Irish atmosphere everyone should be drunk then it would be all great !

jdmjimmy
11-09-11, 20:58
Oh and did any 1 hear "Dan moorehead This man wold eat any dance floor in Ireland" lol Im sure there's a good story to this

grange
11-09-11, 21:00
DRIVERS yous all put on a good show shame about the crowd.you would swear you where at a funeral.i mean the v8 bmw and not even a yeow :P but in all had some laugh :D

raff
11-09-11, 21:04
ah yeah was a great day,at the end of a great run the crowd would drum upa bit, but it was really cold there today took me ages to warm up on the way home,but i think its a bit harsh to say they might never come back again, there was still great support and a terrific turnout i remember other days there and the crowd were great was back in the days when maurice was commentating though

si_berry
11-09-11, 21:05
haha... worthy

Greg
11-09-11, 21:07
Irish crowds are shite. Myself and Kelly gave up clapping after getting funny stares when we did. The grandstand is where the real fans are, and I was sick I arrived too late to get a ticket for it.

Edit - Dave Egan was doing a great job today trying to fire up the crowd, fair play to him. :)

jdmjimmy
11-09-11, 21:09
Ah the good ol days is right when der was millions of euros about and I was still in school the only drifting I could see was the vids from the weekend at prodrift lol

jdmjimmy
11-09-11, 21:10
Dave Egan great commintator

joey banana s14
11-09-11, 21:15
Dave Egan great commintator

to be honest i think dave is the reason the crowds on saturday are getting bigger every round i know today things were quite but it was hard to hear him and alot of scumbags there but look at the rounds this year compered to last 3 years my girlfriend hated drifting she came with me to ennis and LOVED the atmosphere and now loves it daves doing a savage job in fairness hope we have him for next year

jdmjimmy
11-09-11, 21:23
to be honest i think dave is the reason the crowds on saturday are getting bigger every round i know today things were quite but it was hard to hear him and alot of scumbags there but look at the rounds this year compered to last 3 years my girlfriend hated drifting she came with me to ennis and LOVED the atmosphere and now loves it daves doing a savage job in fairness hope we have him for next year

Agreed like I said bout the drivers not wanting to come here again if dave gets pissed off with ZERO response or support I cant see why he would bother.. Hope he stays on but O MY FUCKING FUCK !! Prodrift judges need to be fucking bet with an Ash plant I only know julian smith was a driver were any of the others or do they know anything about drifting (asking this as I dunno who they are)

slithertooth
11-09-11, 21:27
Had a great day- strange as this sounds would have prefered the rest of the bullshit wasn't going on and it was just round 5??

jdmjimmy
11-09-11, 21:29
Had a great day- strange as this sounds would have prefered the rest of the bullshit wasn't going on and it was just round 5??

What ya mean lad like no jap fest or that ?? I thought it was good some really nice non drift stuff about aswel..But as always the drift scene trumps James deanes ps I am in love with!

drift Tuf
11-09-11, 21:31
great day overall the judging is terrible and what is the top16 ran so late??

180sx drifter
11-09-11, 21:32

I agree it would of being allot of better with just round 5 with out all the scumbags around!

slithertooth
11-09-11, 21:41
What ya mean lad like no jap fest or that ?? I thought it was good some really nice non drift stuff about aswel..But as always the drift scene trumps James deanes ps I am in love with!

Thats what i mean , to me there was only one show i was going to see, was raging i didn't get down yesterday but this afternoon made up for it. Had a bit of a wander around the car show ! but once i seen some abortion of a rover 214 and the golf boombox that was enough for me, That said top 16 was class, i'd still be down there looking if it was still going , clapping on me own with everyone around me looking at me like i'v two heads:D

jdmjimmy
11-09-11, 21:48
Thats what i mean , to me there was only one show i was going to see, was raging i didn't get down yesterday but this afternoon made up for it. Had a bit of a wander around the car show ! but once i seen some abortion of a rover 214 and the golf boombox that was enough for me, That said top 16 was class, i'd still be down there looking if it was still going , clapping on me own with everyone around me looking at me like i'v two heads:D

I agree here was some hit boxes but majority ws good stuff pitty bout the scumbags

Graham.w
11-09-11, 21:48
Absolutely great weekend!!!

Greg
11-09-11, 21:54
but once i seen some abortion of a rover 214

That had a Mynheer Kit on it, from back in the day, circa 2003/4. Think the kit was like 6k or something then.

Did anybody get any feedback from the Mondello newcomers on what they thought of the track/crowd/event?

slithertooth
11-09-11, 21:56
I agree here was some hit boxes but majority ws good stuff pitty bout the scumbags

Majority of the good stuff= all the rwd's ;)

runfree
11-09-11, 21:58
Had a good day. didn't think I'd make it down today but I did. Got there just before superlap.
Must say some of the judging was a bit iffy. Still what can ya do. Nice to see some different drivers and cars.

akasod
11-09-11, 21:58
great day lads the talant off driving was on real today some very nice cars too

pole drift
11-09-11, 22:10
Agreed like I said bout the drivers not wanting to come here again if dave gets pissed off with ZERO response or support I cant see why he would bother.. Hope he stays on but O MY FUCKING FUCK !! Prodrift judges need to be fucking bet with an Ash plant I only know julian smith was a driver were any of the others or do they know anything about drifting (asking this as I dunno who they are)

Kieran Hynes is one of the judges, he's been doing it from the start but is not a drifter. I think he designs the tracks too.

I'll giv my afterthoughts later wen I hav the energy to think.

skinnynphats200
11-09-11, 22:13
Had the fear today something rotten so I couldn't really function at all!!! Especially with the cold too!
Got down an hour before top 16, had a look at the cars, majority were shitboxes, and there were a few nice machines, really cool 79 cam, a a sweet black kp and a charmant or 2.
Driving was unreal. Would have been better if it was just round 5 though.

Dai should have went through, lenihan should have went through against morrison the first time round, also another call where they put morrison through where he shouldn't have but the UK judges voted him. All in all great weekend!

Best bit, my 5yr old daughter is starting to love the drifting now too, getting to know all the pros names and learning about the objective of drifting, have her in a car in no time!!!!

Daly
11-09-11, 22:16
Good day out some seriously inspiring driving out there was a pure pleasure to watch...some of the judging was strange but surr thats the joys of it...roll on 2012

Greg
11-09-11, 22:24
Just spotted this on Youtube.... Japspeed fail??????

Jap speed fail at Japfest 2011 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MldsWz83R3U)

Fail on the uploaders behalf.

barry180
11-09-11, 22:24
oh my god lads the state of the spoiler on that rover ha ha ha anyone else see it

Stevo
11-09-11, 22:27
Fair play Bart finishing 8th in his class :)

Dai was robbed as was lenihan, ill probably upset the lifestylers with this but NO fucking way should Dmac have gone through after doing a time attack job around honda to the finish line.. Lenihan was robbed of a spot in the final!!

Also fair play to stonie in the MG S15 sexy car that:cool: also dancing dan :p

Great to see Huge names from abroad hitting these shores for PD.. :cool:

runfree
11-09-11, 22:28
Greg sure its easy to get confused lol
I do like that car.
Especially "Driftworks, Smoking Skills"
Proved that alright.

Stevo
11-09-11, 22:28
oh my god lads the state of the spoiler on that rover ha ha ha anyone else see it

Bahahaha 1995 ftw :D

dermot-r32
11-09-11, 22:36

hahaha...i saw it too.ha

jdmjimmy
11-09-11, 22:37
Just spotted this on Youtube.... Japspeed fail??????

Jap speed fail at Japfest 2011 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MldsWz83R3U)

Fail on the uploaders behalf.

Haha I just commented on it was epic from the front when the smoke cleared he was just there on the ground chatted to phil for a couple of moments very dead on chap had time for anyone who wanted to talk even a 6 yr old kid

Prodrifter86
11-09-11, 22:42
hahaha that was actually funny vid! and a fail from the uploader! the driving today was unreal!!!!!!!

have to say saturdays are best for the crowd! as its !

Teams, Friends , DI Members. and Mechanics! which is reli awesome!! as every was in the stands! Knowing each other!

today was shocking for Athmosphere! once again as i said before. People looking at you thinking your "Not Cool" just because your shouting and Clapping! Great aul Irish Society for ya!! Lol!

on the show! well i like me aul hondas so i thought it was ok! even though i didnt reli go for a long look around. because i was there for drifting.....
and i dno why some1 would ruain a Lovely audi and golf with half of Halfords inside it! haha lol.. anywayyyyyy we witnessed History being made IMO. so i was very happy to be there spectating... and to meet the best drivers in Europe and the World!
Roll on 2012!

nikkisixx69
11-09-11, 22:59

bahaha yes , we couldnt stop laughing when we saw it! also some serious "boo's" off the tdi toledos

why the fuck has noone mentioned fredrick aasbo yet???

the dude was fucking insane, most entertaining driver for me today..... i <3 fred haha

james dean was mental! didnt have 2nd or 4th gear and he still kicked ass, what a legend

i think carpo should have won the superlap personally

all the drivers were amazing that i saw, the top 16 was just crazy, like the best drifting ive ever seen in person, had a great day:D

also i think daves a great commentator, keeps up the atmosphere great! dude needs losenger sponsorship for that voice :p:p anyone hear the time attack commentators??? boring as fuck , like listening to father stone commentating

also juice was soooo excited when shane from boyzone showed up , he was so sad he didnt have his cd on him to sign

Eddie
11-09-11, 23:07
Yer all missin something important :-/

ALAN SINNOTT IS CHMPION :-D :-D couldnt have gone to a better chap.

Sickened I couldnt go today but yesterday did the finest. And as for d crowd, I can only imagine how bad it was :-(

keith-n
11-09-11, 23:20

I say we put Manfoot's on all cars and get the gaff rocking!

Have to agree though. We shouted and clapped all day today, and i can't talk from our manfoot support on sat. It only makes it better for everyone if ya get involved, plus it does show you appreciate it.

Its was a long weekend, we're not long back.

Saturday (always my favourite day) was Mega. Started a little disappointing in practice and Q1. Chucky just couldn't nail it. A tense wait ensued But fuck me did he blitz it on the second go.

Really enjoyed the saturday (even if cut short) and didn't make it to the track to see the final 4 being run sunday as our escapades in room 173 didn't end.... at all. I ended up leaving the room and kipping in the hall. Woke up to the duane mckeever and his crew trying to wake another that had passed out in the hall.

Tbh the whole japfest/prodrift sunday drew it out. Maybe its me but time attack/drag bores me. But then again, its what alot of ye are into so we'll say nothing.

Met alot of you lot at mantra and in our room, although i just introduced myself as keith, not as keith-n on here. Git losing his phone and leading to the discovey of the folding bed only lead to 9hrs of complete madness.the crazy people of drifting, made it enjoyable.

Bring on 2012.

(vids are in mixed order and only of phone quality, will do until the someone puts up propper ones)

stone v lenihan - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvE_V5MMAVo)

pro5 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAit3BFyMbY)

pro4 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xKNliNM58M)

pro3 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cClNohpLJk)

pro2 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEG_iJMixf0)

pro1 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mx7M_zFn4w)

dai v dmac - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyr9-fjB5fc)

GlanzaV
11-09-11, 23:31
draggin today was very poor was looking forward to better races than tullow and that didnt happen

time attack was very poor too except for the evo,ek9,boxy starlet and the crx was expecting alot more

show and shine there was alot of nice cars but half of them were pieces of shit lol

DRIFTING was UNREAL best drifting i ever seen would have liked to of seen a bigger section of track but it was still savage brillant day out makes me want a rwd now :cool:

chopaholic
11-09-11, 23:41
Has an excellent day out, well worth the 500 mile round trip for me, just a pity I couldn't bring my own car.

The driving was top notch, great to see everyone in good spirits and doing what they enjoy most, top drivers of the day have to be Aasbo, Phil Morrison and James Deane, closely followed by Dai and Carpo.

@Nikkisixx69, took a wee look around your car, looks sweet buddy!

Roll on next year :)

nikkisixx69
11-09-11, 23:58
@Nikkisixx69, took a wee look around your car, looks sweet buddy!

thanks dude :D

cruising_r32
12-09-11, 00:09
What a day, that was the best drifting I have ever seen here in Ireland.
Shame the final had to end the way it did though but what a way to end it all the same.....

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc311/cruising_r32/Mondello%2011sept2011%20Japfest/DSC_5720copy.jpg

john b
12-09-11, 00:19
great days drifting lots of action all round good day pity about crowd

Prodrifter86
12-09-11, 01:41
Yes also as Eddie said there! alan sinnott took the Championship! fukign delighted for him!!!!.... his car looks totally utter Japanese Class!!!!! serious driving all weekend

richy
12-09-11, 07:20
What can I say?

Best Drifting I've ever seen.

Kruizer
12-09-11, 07:25
Great day out, was cool to see some old friends and catch up, anyone else see the levin wish goldfish swimming around in the headlights ? PD Final curse strikes again, last year James Deane's gearbox, sickener for Dmac....

Kav gts-t
12-09-11, 08:45
Great weekends drifting and good to see international names there too. Even tho they were no match for the Irish lads, hopefully they will come again next year.
Delighted for Alan to finally win it and hard luck on dmac in the final. some awesome drivers from all classes too.

Dave egan is the only man for the mike. And done everything to get the crowd going.

Roll on next year and bring the internationals to punchestown this time with the same track layout :-)

git
12-09-11, 10:34
savage savage weekend !!! :cool: and i gots a trophy for coming 2nd in amateur qualifying woop woop !!!

si_berry
12-09-11, 10:38
savage savage weekend !!! :cool: and i gots a trophy for coming 2nd in amateur qualifying woop woop !!!

Going well out there the weekend git. Pictures of the trophy or it didn't happen :) :) :)

BrevGTV
12-09-11, 11:31
great show top drivers top driftin,fair play to james deane,by fuk he kicked he kicked the shit outta that clutch on ford corner

JZ ftw tho:cool: jz impreza was savage:afro:

dai vs. dmac should of went to dai,dmac drove straight outta ford corner:mad:

stevek
12-09-11, 11:52
Great day out, some serious driving but agree with some of the calls. maybe because it was soooo far behind schdule they couldnt do one more times?? Had to laugh at dai, spent the whole time taking photos haha guess he was on holidays!! felt sorry for dmac was a real shame for everyone not seeing him and james go at it! The whole thing with the clapping though...its actually embarrassing when ya see how little "drift fnas" get behind the lads putting it all on the line for our entertainment. My Dad was at it for the first time yesterday and the hollers outta the 58 yr old would put all the little scrots to shame he was behind everyone! if you are not going to get involved stay at home!!!! looking across from the stand to "ford and senna" no one seemed interested!:mad: fairplay to you though dave you put on a great show!! woman wants to know whats the story with the hat??? she said you were cooler before the backwards cap shit?:confused::p

lady89
12-09-11, 11:53
was an awesome weekend, still cant believe how many amazing drivers we had!!
hoped Dai will make it under the TOP 3 :(

here the vids:
Daijiro Yoshihara vs. Darren McNamara , Prodrift Finals Round 5 2011 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll0leyf8f_g)

Daijiro Yoshihara vs. Darren McNamara 2nd run , Prodrift Finals Round 5 2011 HD - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS4hbRZoBog)

also think that judge wasnt always fair (well..who knows), but all in all it was great!
(not to mention room 173 haaaaa)

the time attackers were a good thing, so i had chance to look around, make some pics, buy this and that n stuff:cool:

lady89
12-09-11, 12:08
(pic was too big)

richy
12-09-11, 12:08
Jeez, watching those vids it's hard to see how DMAC went through there, no one was more surprised than him tbf.

lady89
12-09-11, 12:14
I know right? was really suprised went I went through the vids

richy
12-09-11, 12:42
The judges were explaining, but I think JP McCarthy or Aasbo dropped a burnout and I didn't hear a word! :(

d1ro
12-09-11, 13:49
couldnt agree any more about the crowd, if your not intrested stay at home, i was shouting and roaring like an idiot, but I didnt care, I was having fun and just cheering for everyone in the top 16. to me it didnt matter who won, all that mattered is I was there experiencing HISTORY being made for PD. Agrred with everyone for the DAI v DMAC i thought the same as you all, DAI should of won UNTIL i saw the video just now, I asked the 3 judges yesterday were they blind? they all looked at me in disbelief that I actually said it to them, there reply was simple, "no you must be blind" LOL!!! dai ran 2 wheels off the track in old money its an automatic 10-0 to d mac. they scored the other run in favour of dai all of them, so I guess we shouldnt slate the judges until we see it from there point. I was wrong yesterday for calling it a win to DAI and for that I APOLOGISE TO ALL THE JUDGES!!!!
leaving on a good note. roll on 2012 I cant freaking wait!!!!!:afro:

meego1
12-09-11, 14:01
great weekend for Pd they put on one hell of a show and a awesome display of skill , assbo is the man, as julian smith siad his superlap entry was spine tingling.

ithink justice was well served this weekend as in alan sinnot won a well deserved championship and dmac did not win as ithink he was beaten by both dai and gavin lenihan .

ididnt think anybody could beat aasbo this weekend but by god was i proved wrong, james deane has really cemented his stamp on world drifting by winning with half a car, he is truly top no 1.

aka pete
12-09-11, 14:03
1st time atta prodrift event - Class weekend :D
unbelievable standard of driving - very entertaining
Aasbo was brilliant, I think his only mistake all weekned was slippin a wheel off the track in his last run but so consistent - DW S15 smokin the palce out, sound of Mc Carthy's V8, Synott's cam looks class and was drivin amazing all weekend, carpo's 15 was class, James Deane leathal, DMAC's cam goin on fire.. holy shit, luckily it didn't.. could go on and on - loved it
by yesterday evening was knakered though lol.. fairplay to all involved - great show:cool:

LauraD
12-09-11, 14:06
what can i say over all class weekend , some sweet motors and savage driftin,

MartyMoore
12-09-11, 14:07
http://www.freshfix.net/quickfix/alan-sinnott-prodrift-2011-champion.html

Savage day. plenty of reports due from the days action but it was great to see alan win!!

dR Dan
12-09-11, 14:21
Judgin is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS gonna be questioned so at this stage thats water off a ducks back i think...

I didnt see wheather Dai put 1 or 2 wheels off but it did look like a lot of car was off course, so id say say good call...

During dinner Saturday night Mr. Speedhunters (Rod Chong) Stated that he had never seen a semi pro division with that standard of driving and by god hes travelled, a statement echoed by Freddie and Dai.

Loads have said where'l pd go loosing alot of top class drivers to pastures greenier (I dunno about that) but that statement can go straight up their holes!
What a series we have fullstop!

EUrope has never ever seen a show like yesterday, mayb the 'Allstars' will go and try do somethin like this next year but as ALWAYS they'v only waited for Pd to raise the bar and take the chance!

Every single 1 of you guys bar the few who'v made statements about uk judge(s) even doe there was 1 etc who actually know whats going on deserve a huge high 5 even those iv argued with it just wouldnt be the same without ye!

Now together lets collectively Raise that fcukin bar even higher!
I dont think we realise how special this actualli is!

Happy building over the winter and i look forward to all this jazz again next year...

Peace and cuddles!

B.Egan
12-09-11, 15:17
Great day out, some serious driving but agree with some of the calls. maybe because it was soooo far behind schdule they couldnt do one more times?? Had to laugh at dai, spent the whole time taking photos haha guess he was on holidays!! felt sorry for dmac was a real shame for everyone not seeing him and james go at it! The whole thing with the clapping though...its actually embarrassing when ya see how little "drift fnas" get behind the lads putting it all on the line for our entertainment. My Dad was at it for the first time yesterday and the hollers outta the 58 yr old would put all the little scrots to shame he was behind everyone! if you are not going to get involved stay at home!!!! looking across from the stand to "ford and senna" no one seemed interested!:mad: fairplay to you though dave you put on a great show!! woman wants to know whats the story with the hat??? she said you were cooler before the backwards cap shit?:confused::p

I rofl'd! Ever the pro Dave realised that the blustery conditions in the tower would most certainly mean his hat would take flight, thus he reverted to the less fashinable and horribly yankeable backwards style. I even succumbed myself due to the wind!

Mad to see ppl giving out so much about the Dai D-Mac battle. I was in the tower and personally saw it the exact same as the judges. They also confer with the PD staff at the corner, closer than anyone else to the incident, whether there were 1 or 2 wheels off. It seemed clear to me that he was well off, maybe he wasnt and from a different angle others could see better?

Regardless the PD judges dont have Hawk eye, instant replays, youtube, hours to discuss, they call it as they see it, and how the marshalls see it, from their angle. I would have called it the exact same, the car leaped in the air sure. Didnt matter that Darren stopped then as the run was already over, as Dai had gone off track.

Darren probably was shocked he won. Of course he would be. How the hell would he know that Dai had gone off? At the next corner he was right back on him and then Darren stopped. I'm sure he thought he was completely gone. Doesnt mean the judging was wrong lol!

Really though its embarassing to see crowds in this country. Driving standards are some of the best in the world. Some of the builds are world class. Its the crowd performance that really needs to improve. Anyone who can come on here and complain about a PD event, yet cant be bothered to give someone like phil morrisson a clap isnt a drift fan. Their just in it for the bitching and the post count.......

B&G Extreme Drifting
12-09-11, 15:31
serious wkend the level of driving was through the roof!! start with the local man, well done to micko for his consistant aggressive driving!!! git for blitzing the qualifying and only marginally knocked out in competition, same as micko.

Alan Sinnott taking the championship
Wez Keating in the semi-pro

Then you have B.Stone, C.Carpenten, G.Lenihan, D. Moorehead Top Irish drivers
P.Morrison, Dai, Assbo, mouth watering drifting!!

Leave the best til last, since the days of rosegreen cool as ice, still dominating it!! James Deane! in my eyes the GOD of drifting!! Well done on the well deserved win!

Johnie
12-09-11, 15:38
Really though its embarassing to see crowds in this country. Driving standards are some of the best in the world. Some of the builds are world class. Its the crowd performance that really needs to improve.

I haven't been to drifting in a few years, but back then there used to be more reaction out of the cows in the nearest field than the crowd...

Chuck_g
12-09-11, 15:52
Well what can i say that hasn't been said, the weekend was a serious success. Best round ive been to, to this date. I thought the track was fuckin great, although in practice i couldn't do it. Come first qualifier i fucked it all up landing me in 33rd n sad, so said fuck this second run, flat out n if i didn't qualify, go for drinks :) Which got me a 4th place qualifier :)

Felt great after that, then met one of the nicest lads in PD, Jonathan Hall, who i put out due to a mistake he made but i reckon he had me only for that. Top 16 and Bolger put me out :) Great day tho. I was sad for my teammate/lover John Hickey who was running unreal in his practice, then didnt make top 32. Other drivers i loved on sat were Gem, who after our first qualifier, were just angry and giving out n then both hit high numbers in second run...must try that shit again :) Git the sexy coont was epic, and the car looked unreal :) And the lads in the 1600 cams as always were unreal, some drivers......

Congrats to Wez on the Non Seed Pro Championship. well deserved.

Eh, sat night......hmmmmmm, room 173, Everyone from Petert, Jules, Chubs Mc Cord, the McKeevers and in between.........what a great night and meeting old and new faces out like Buttsy the mad man :) Will miss the sessions in the off season, we should have one big reunion around xmas :)

Sunday, the minute i sat in the stand, dieing a slow death, i knew it would be an unreal day. Hearing Darren's cam screaming round track gave me a semi, pity git wasn't there.......Assbo's entries, fucking epic and he's such a nice lad. Dai was after getting his hold on the Tez and was driving great, just no match for the Irish. Dan moorehead, some going lad and Stonie.......also a man that can sit into anything and just drive :)

Congrats to Alan on his Pro Seed win and James for winning a well deserved win yesterday, nice to see the real fans in the stand loving James and showing it too :)

Roll on 2012 :)

Bennyk1122
12-09-11, 16:07
Unreal competion this weekend well worth the trip down Dmac's corolla is the wagon

Chuck_g
12-09-11, 16:14
Oh and also a HUGE shout to the lad in the toll plaza in Fermoy, made our weekend :) He really doesn't think much of his boss :)

Prodrifter86
12-09-11, 16:35
Just to echo what PD dan said there... after the event i went over to Dai to get a sticker and a picture with him! the first i asked him was what did he think of the Ametures and semi pros yesterday! he said "ohh Wayy better than in America" ... it goes to show. all the pushing from the Judges has Paid off.. technial tracks over the year... all we can do now is push forward! i would say saturdays will be nearly all pro's! haha. still smiling after yesterday . awesome!

keith-n
12-09-11, 16:43
Oh and also a HUGE shout to the lad in the toll plaza in Fermoy, made our weekend :) He really doesn't think much of his boss :)

HA! He's a wanker (hand gesture and all) Epic man capped an epic weekend.

phil-ray
12-09-11, 16:47
i wasnt at the event but i do agree with the comments about the crowed reactions in this country, at any event/ show/ track day and what not ive been to over the years the crowed never really shouts /roars and what not over the years ive seen many a crowed just stay quiet or only a few light claps or what have you, if the people where a bit more vocal in this country the drivers and people involved in the event would react and maybe put on a better show and the public may have a better time

i personaly love to here the crowed and i shout and roar if i can my self.

gutted i didnt get down but had other plans that day. hope to make it to more pd events next year.

darren5
12-09-11, 17:19
agree the crowd were shite, i was clappin lik mad and felt lik a retard coz usually id be the only 1 cheerin and people just lookin at me.
it was the best quality driftin i've ever seen and to see the likes of dai aasbo etc was epic, aasbo is the man his 1st battle in the top 16 was unreal backwards entry ftw
congrats to wez and alan just shows carlow is home of the driftin ha i joke

stones
12-09-11, 17:40
Was a serious day out was absolutely frozen to the world in the stand all day!!! unreal drifting great entry speed and angle fair play to james deane on the win he drove very well!!

Carpo was the man of the day tho smoking em up on the way out to start the lad every time unreal car some smoke machine!!

never gona get sick of da sound of a 1JZ Mmm..........

crowd was crap except the grand stand we were up behided chucky and the mc keevers crowd really got going in the last 16 last 8 great buzz in the stand.........asbo absolutely insane fella haha

First time every in mondello and its a really nice track compared to da vids must make a trip in da cam for a track day some time!

Famous jh
12-09-11, 18:20
Where to start....What a weekend!!

Sat started great for me, nailed the track in practice an was havin great fun every lap just drivin the bag out of the car.. Then qualifing came round an it all went wrong, just drove shit, no excuses.. If i drank i would have made Chuck seem sober after that :cool:

In the stand for top 32 the atmosphere was awesome!! Some fucking cracking battles..

Sat night was fucked up, Team Manfoot dance troop, room 173, Scrums outside Mantra, Nick Quealy absolutely CLEANING some poor fucker walkin passed with a tackle Paul O' Connell be proud of :D Eventually got to sleep bout half 5 in the bathroom floor :)

Yesterday was unreal, aasbo, i want his babies after his entries yesterday.. Just goes to show what can be done with that track... I love, and am proud to be a part of Irish drifting, the future is bright.... :) Roll the fuck on 2012, time to make some big decisions..

Thanks to all of my fellow Manfooters and crew for making this season possible i love ye all xxxx

pole drift
12-09-11, 18:25
I think the crowd at round 1 Ennis was the best sunday crowd for cheering. Too much scum at Japfest. Next year it should be Driftfest 2012 Drift track time and a round of PD, it prob wont happen but it would be cool.

Fair play to everyone who competed this year as you well deserve it.

PS funny point for me at the weekend was when Carpo was against Phil Morrison and he needed to change the tyres..... so many drivers were falling over each other fighting to get him back out ahead of the 5 min rule, funniest of all was Dan Moorhead as he didnt even take off his helmet!!

Polo
12-09-11, 18:27
I had a great weekend, thanks for having us! That track you have there guys is pretty damn awesome!!!

Dai and Dmac should have gone one more time IMO, both mad pretty big mistakes on the last run, hard to call which is the bigger mistake i guess??

The crowd partisipation was pretty crap if you ask me, espesh for how many wer there watching! Thogh regarding some one elses comments earlier in the thread, will it pu me or any of the other "invite" drivers off??? Will it fuck ;)

pole drift
12-09-11, 18:33
I hope to see more UK drivers at PD next year, they should bring the super series back :D

Prodrift Super Series 2009

Round 1 UK ISTS Donnington Park
Round 2 Ireland Punchestown Race Course
Round 3 UK Donnington Park
Round 4 Ireland Mondello Park, Japfest

lsd32
12-09-11, 18:47
Wasn't there Sunday but Saturday was awesome again,brilliant end to a brilliant season.I didn't compete this year but I think I'll have to get back out next year cos I'm itching to get back after spectating this year.just need pd to update 2012 regs asap to Get the ball rolling.2012 ftmfw!

retro head
12-09-11, 21:44

in fairness man there was one little dish knockin round with them lads in short short jean shorts and and id have happily looked at her prance round all day rather than the drifting!

but seriously yeah your dead right but what would expect when a bunch of shams roll up to JAPfest in pimped volkwagons with bales,sounds weighin them down and other shite on them,the only motorsport them boys are interested in is laps of the town,seems to work for them though theyre never short of girlies!im jealous but then im ugly as fuk so car choice aint my problem:D
a few of us round at stena tried a bit to get that side goin....no one was havin any of it, poor ole show for the international drivers but were irish were a little shy sober we cant help it:wink: the crowd was decieving half that were there wouldnt give a fuk about drifting or any other track action

only was at the sunday myself couldnt make it to the saturday which i was pissed about heard it was great day,good to hear it, sunday was very impressive never realised mondello was so good run that way been a while since i seen it there,the speed and angle into stena was savage,phil morrison and aasbo were fukin were class to watch, dmacs and mike fitz rotarys are the job great to see a bit of variation in engines,as great as sr20s may be they generallty sound shite,which is as important as big smoke and whatnot i reckon,sinnots cam looks class in its new colour and his driving was perfect a joy to watch smooth out,fairplay to james dean class act man

DaveM-sport
12-09-11, 21:58
Great weekend. Even though the rain on saturday messed things up a little bit, the driving from the first I seen of it when I got there that morning right through to the end yesterday was just amazing really.

true about the crowd needing to get behind things abit more but after such a session the night before I suppose a few may have been finding it hard to keep shouting in the cold come 5 or 6 the next evening.
It's getting better though, from the grandstand there was a reasonably good atmosphere apart from Phil Morrison getting a very poor reaction after one run which was abit unfair considering how much a show he was trying to put on all day for the crowd.

The support from the rest of the crowd all around the track was very poor though but I suppose the grandstand was the place were the real drift fans were especially as you had to be there early to get a ticket.

The drag racing and time attack kinda dragged things out abit which would have been fine as for such a big event a wide range of tastes has to be accommodated to bring in the crowds only for the fact that it forced the top 16 to be rushed quite abit at the end and of course the standard of driving on the saturday being so hard to call ending up with the top four the Sunday morning didn't help either.

As for the comment about the UK judge not knowing what he was on about??? Obviously doesn't have quite a broad knowledge of drifting themselves :rolleyes:

The judges were explaining, but I think JP McCarthy or Aasbo dropped a burnout and I didn't hear a word! :(

Haha, no two better nutcases for it :D

Was a pity Aasbo didn't get a little score in the superlap as it was definitely the best entry of the weekend but from where I was standing I hadn't a great view of part of Ford really behind some of the crowd at the time.

Was great to see the top drivers from Europe and the US competing against Irish drivers on home ground though and hope it'll be an event that'll be repeated!

Looking forward to 2012 now already!!!

MissSuz
12-09-11, 23:10
What a weekend , on and off the track . My first year really getting into drifting and jesus was that a finale!! Sat saw an early 4am start for me :D We had a bbq and resident chef Keith (Keith-n) cooking throughout the day!

Chuck having a few disagreements with the track in pratice and 1st Qualifer but totally nailed the 2nd run , in Julian Smith's words to me Sat nite 'an Awesome run' :D Crowd were going nuts for him in the grandstand!! Loved the Atmosphere :D Git was on fire all day , loving the car on the track , fair play dude :D Pratice for the pro's on Sat was nuts!! Epic drifting and amazing to watch Dai out in the MG crash repairs Altezza..took him a few laps to get used to it and for a dude that had never driven the car before it didnt take him long. Poor Sexy Mark had a bit of slap just after the finish mark in pratice but got back out ther again :D

Mantra was rocking , got to meet Dai and have a chat with him and Dean Kearney so I was happy out :D Room 173 , im still waiting for a call to charge me card for damages!! What a laugh. Barry McKeever and Chubby are just legend and Chubby has to be the funniest druck ever!! At one stage id say we had well over 20 ppl in ther from all over the country sessioning on!! Some craic. After everyone left then lights off and we all were going to sleep...next thing we hear Chris Burnett what time it was as he was on track first thing , we didnt even know he was still there!! Shit was Epic , I dont think me and Chuck laughed so much , Poor Keith even went to sleep in the lobby!!

Sunday was unreal , Assbo's entey's were nuts! James Deane is a hero , rocking on with 2nd and 4th missing! Love the way everyone helps everyone also , all the top 16 drivers were on the side by the pit lane out of ther cars watching and when Christy called 5 min rule to change tyres...the crowd running to his car to help was cool stuff :D Love that craic! Crowds can be very gay at times but tbh the GrandStand was rocking! Once or twice we were a bit quite but in general I thought it was a big improvement from other rounds. I was hoarse from it all!! James Deane got the crowd reception he so truly deserves which is great. Dai is a little legend! Took the car like a duck to water , was gutted to see him go off track. Great to see Dmac driving also , never seen him or Kearney drifting in Ireland before so that was Epic for me. Excellent weekend , History in the making. Roll on 2012.

DaveM-sport
13-09-11, 00:32
In fairness, you got to give Dai credit too for hoping into a car he was driving for the first time this weekend and maybe some jet-lag in the mix too.

Going from a LHD 800+ NA V8 S13 to a turbo rhd Altezza and an SR with maybe less than half the power which showed alittle bit at times as think I saw him miss a gear in the transition on one of his runs during the day.

No matter how good you are, it could take you a little while to get used to driving two such different cars to the shop not to mention throw it over a blind crest at over 100kph on a track you never driven on before :)

keith-n
13-09-11, 01:16
We had a bbq and resident chef Keith (Keith-n) cooking throughout the day!

That BBQ is coming to every round next year. Me and nial spent €20 on food in lidl. At at least 2 times during the day we had 10 burgers on the BBQ. For brekkie we'd 16 Jumbo sausages. We were feeding all sorts of people. I was even trying to get rid of stuff, must have asked "sexy mark" 10 times did he want a sauage, and he was just looking at me with one of those "who the fuck are you" looks. We calculated (over a burger off the BBQ @ the loop while everyone was Q'ing to get out) that had we of bought that amount of food from the caterers on site, we'd have spent well over €150, robbing cunts.

After everyone left then lights off and we all were going to sleep...next thing we hear Chris Burnett what time it was as he was on track first thing , we didnt even know he was still there!! Shit was Epic , I dont think me and Chuck laughed so much , Poor Keith even went to sleep in the lobby!!

I hadn't slept since thursday. :p I tried for about 3hrs to get some sleep, wasn't happening so i got up out of bed, jumped up on chris's back as he was going out the door and rode him like a horse. Got to the door, walked down to newlands cross for a bit to eat, then came back and slept for an hour on the armchair at the end of the hall. Woke up to a load of Nordi boys (duane mckeever and his dad, shouting to wake up another chap who'd fella asleep BEHIND all the spare beds.

Oh and i put up (and surpassed with madness) most of you dry shits, and i don't even drink. Beds folding into walls with dudes inside FTW!

We're gonna have to revisit ROOM 173 for the Team manfoot End of season piss-up, a plan is already in motion.

Oh, and susan..... do you like tree's? do you like doors? do you like marmalade? do ya like walls? I love sheds. Do you eat kiwi's?

lady89
13-09-11, 07:43
Woke up to a load of Nordi boys (duane mckeever and his dad, shouting to wake up another chap who'd fella asleep BEHIND all the spare beds.

Oh and i put up (and surpassed with madness) most of you dry shits, and i don't even drink. Beds folding into walls with dudes inside FTW!

We're gonna have to revisit ROOM 173 for the Team manfoot End of season piss-up, a plan is already in motion.

Oh, and susan..... do you like tree's? do you like doors? do you like marmalade? do ya like walls? I love sheds. Do you eat kiwi's?

haa and dont forget to mention, how lovely you woke everybody up!

keith-n
13-09-11, 09:06
haa and dont forget to mention, how lovely you woke everybody up!

I'm awesome at waking people up. Poor nial though, flipped his bed upside down and put another bed on top of him, but he was still content with sleeping there. Top bloke ;)

slithertooth
13-09-11, 09:41
In fairness, you got to give Dai credit too for hoping into a car he was driving for the first time this weekend and maybe some jet-lag in the mix too.

Going from a LHD 800+ NA V8 S13 to a turbo rhd Altezza and an SR with maybe less than half the power which showed alittle bit at times as think I saw him miss a gear in the transition on one of his runs during the day.

No matter how good you are, it could take you a little while to get used to driving two such different cars to the shop not to mention throw it over a blind crest at over 100kph on a track you never driven on before :)

Agree with ye completely, favourite driver of the day

Chuck_g
13-09-11, 14:48
Am i the only person that heard Alan Lenihan won the Pro Championship?? :)

pole drift
13-09-11, 15:06

Alan Sinnott won it.

richy
13-09-11, 15:29

LOL!! Heard that myself! Whooooooooooooops!

japman2202
13-09-11, 15:43
Asbo @ mondello round 5 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4f8ivKYUHg&feature=channel_video_title)

keith-n
13-09-11, 16:20
Room 173 madness

IMG 0506 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK7XREgqo8c&feature=share)

babyeater690
13-09-11, 16:25
heard the same chuck to be fair i dont like that comentator at all wrecks my head he must have a set of notes and reads of them all day everyday i was sick of hearing about the rotary cam and that everyone said it wouldn work
and with a few 7ups he will tear up any dance floor
but had a savage weekend serious driving out of everyone deane done save for only having first and third

Chuck_g
13-09-11, 16:27
Alan Sinnott won it.

Ahhhh no way lad...........

Kruizer
13-09-11, 16:32
Lad I was fierce upset I only saw ya on the way home :P ^^^

Famous jh
13-09-11, 16:34
Alan Sinnott won it.

No shit Sherlock :D

ste
13-09-11, 16:46
heard the same chuck to be fair i dont like that comentator at all wrecks my head he must have a set of notes and reads of them all day everyday i was sick of hearing about the rotary cam and that everyone said it wouldn work
but had a savage weekend serious driving out of everyone deane done save for only having first and third

are u mad???

dave is the best thing to happen prodrift in a good while in my opinion..its good to have someone take time out of their day to track down info on the builds and the drivers and give the public an insight into the drivers personalities and their cars and its also great to have someone comentate on the ama and semi pro guys on a saturday shows that they arent totally forgotten about and get some recognition...

wat would you rather, just music play in the background and nobody have a clue who's who and wats going on???

lady89
13-09-11, 16:55
agreed!

as somebody who only joined drifting here a few months ago, i have to say that I learned a lot just by listening to dave at round 4 and now round 5!

hes doing a great job i'd say

Chuck_g
13-09-11, 17:00
Lad I was fierce upset I only saw ya on the way home :P ^^^

Me too....where were ya all weekend?

keith-n
13-09-11, 17:04
are u mad???

dave is the best thing to happen prodrift in a good while in my opinion..its good to have someone take time out of their day to track down info on the builds and the drivers and give the public an insight into the drivers personalities and their cars and its also great to have someone comentate on the ama and semi pro guys on a saturday shows that they arent totally forgotten about and get some recognition...

wat would you rather, just music play in the background and nobody have a clue who's who and wats going on???

True that. His knowledge of each driver and their builds are second to none.

retro head
13-09-11, 17:05
dave is the man at the commentating i find him very easy to listen to,i dont know how he keeps at it with the enthuasism all day fairplay to him it cant be easy at times , the lad that was at it before him with the mid atlantic accent done my fukin head didnt have a notion about cars and seemed to be sneering most of the time

but yeah i heard lenihan won it too!:p

Kruizer
13-09-11, 17:06
Me too....where were ya all weekend?

Only came up Sunday morning buck but I'll be down for that thing in Cork ;) How'd you get on, car looked like it was in one piece going home anyways...

Was talking to yowdy, heart goes out to the chap but I know he'll come back stronger :)

B.Egan
13-09-11, 19:05

Dave didnt have one note this weekend. Normally he would get ppl to send him stuff and maybe print it out to look at. But this weekend we moved house and he had no chance to get anything. Everything he said he either bothered to go to the effort of walking around the pits to find out, knew already as hes a fan, or he simply made up lol!

I hate to give my brother credit....in fact it makes me actually sick....but in fairness that is one hell of a hard job. Near impossible to shite on for so long, keep enthusiasm when the crowd dont get behind it, and all while hungover......but someone else might get a shot at the saturday next year if Dave competes, and they'll find out (pardon the pun) that its easier said than done lol! :wink:

richy
13-09-11, 19:17
Did anyone else think the Mondello commentator sounded like the fella from the fairground on craggy island? I was tempted to text him and tell him that a child had become lodged in the tunnel of goats

TIMMY495
13-09-11, 19:24
im gona call my first child "dave"!! :) even if its a girl

Chuck_g
13-09-11, 19:56
Only came up Sunday morning buck but I'll be down for that thing in Cork ;) How'd you get on, car looked like it was in one piece going home anyways...

Was talking to yowdy, heart goes out to the chap but I know he'll come back stronger :)

Ah i didn't do too bad...could have done better but had beer on my mind :)

Ya, Andy will be grand...tough out that pikey :D

Chuck_g
13-09-11, 19:57
Did anyone else think the Mondello commentator sounded like the fella from the fairground on craggy island? I was tempted to text him and tell him that a child had become lodged in the tunnel of goats

Or a C103 Dj...was waiting for him to read out the Deaths :)

richy
13-09-11, 20:00
LOL, mass times etc.

SMD-R33
13-09-11, 21:53
defo dave is the man when it comes til keeping the crowd involved its like he knows everyone there personally and help build there car lol.

Dunnedriftin
13-09-11, 22:04
iv ever only been to prodrift twice on a saturday, first in 2008 & the saturday just gone, the huge differenece dave has made in a saturday is unreal! He gives the amas & semi pros some lime light, helps them out by small things by mentioning there sponsers, giving a bita detail about them as most of the drivers i seen out i really didnt know unless they where on podiums before... dave does a great job but did repeat himself a couple of times which can be a bit annoying but i couldnt do half as good a job!

Judges, well thats another topic! I had a few questionable judges as did everyone else! I still think they should be positioned around the track with a marking board if they want to "call it as they see it" because lets put it this way they cant see 100% everything & relie on marshalls to tell them exactly what happened, next year they should be positioned around the track or atleast try it!! also driving half the track should be a auto 0 even if the other driver is off them set line, atleast hes drifting!

keith-n
13-09-11, 22:18
Again i'll quote Mr Heinze tomato ketchup,

The FD judges have camera's and replays, and they still make more bad calls than prodrift. Prodrift have one realtime view to get it right.

I'd build a bridge, its sport, sure look at the henry handball against ireland. Is it really that bad?

Chuck_g
13-09-11, 22:19
One thing i really disliked about the weekend was the fact the Ama/Semi Pro Drivers cars were just shoed off away to the background.......there was enough room to keep the cars in the pit area, maybe put them on show for sunday.....my car is no show car but there are some beautiful cars in the lower classes.......But sure, another way of showing the smaller boys they mean fuck all.

Drift_sil80
13-09-11, 23:54
One thing i really disliked about the weekend was the fact the Ama/Semi Pro Drivers cars were just shoed off away to the background.......there was enough room to keep the cars in the pit area, maybe put them on show for sunday.....my car is no show car but there are some beautiful cars in the lower classes.......But sure, another way of showing the smaller boys they mean fuck all.

thats a fact chuck they just think ''ah shur they are just the small boys who spend fukall on our cars'' they dont just have to look good for people to like the cars shur i bet people would look at your car and say ''ah ya thats the car with the lad who is nuts driven it'' (sorry bout the rant :p just im a bit of a fan of yours kuz your like myself ya either fuk up da course or ya nail it and byfuk did ya nail your second qualifying run :D)

Chuck_g
14-09-11, 10:40
Thanks lad :) Your car was looking fiiiiiiiiiiiiiine sat :)

But ya, even if they had tossed us in some corner so ppl could check out the ama/semi pro side of things and make up their own mind. Ah sure its all over now, who cares....il be sure to have a moan before Japfest next year :)

PeterT
14-09-11, 11:48
Crowds were dead on Sunday cos you had to pay into the grandstand....FUCK THAT not after 20 quid at the gate. Pd should wise upto this!

chrisb
14-09-11, 11:50
Crowds were dead on Sunday cos you had to pay into the grandstand....FUCK THAT not after 20 quid at the gate. Pd should wise upto this!

its mondello and japfest not pd that charge for grandstand, round 4 was free to sit where you liked.

grandstand wasnt dead and there were only 50 seats left in it for sunday on sat morning

sandstorm
14-09-11, 12:44
chargin into the grandstand!!! ffs..
i bet they did that cos the forecast said it would rain....
thats exactly the reason i only went down on saturday...
knew sunday was gonna be a pocket rape session...

richy
14-09-11, 12:53
Buy your tickets in advance and you got free passes... like i did :)

sandstorm
14-09-11, 13:15
Buy your tickets in advance and you got free passes... like i did :)

think its still a bit OTT if your after payin 20euro to get in the gate... just my 2c...

slithertooth
14-09-11, 16:06
We got in free on mondelo membership vip card , allowed a car full of us through, there was only 3 of us in the 32 though , not sure if it would have got us into the grandstand, but maybe worthwhile getting the card between a few lads

ste
14-09-11, 17:18
lads for fuck sake 20e is fuck all for a days entertainment... does my head in when people moan about it..

THATS THE PRICE, U KNOW THE PRICE SO IF ITS AN ISSUE STAY AT HOME..

i went the cinema to see a 90min long film the other night with the mot and it cost me 20e so how is a days drifting dear?????

and as for the grandstand it was best 5e i ever spent to have a laugh and a seat all day

Dunnedriftin
14-09-11, 17:21
i paid €25 for Saturday, Sunday & grandstand ticket... That wasnt bad? Just called common sence booking in advance, surely everyone has a laser/debit card at this stage!

PeterT
14-09-11, 20:35
we had entry into the place, so didnt have the entry included grandstand! and nobody was arsed cos they/we could see

stevek
15-09-11, 15:30
lads for fuck sake 20e is fuck all for a days entertainment... does my head in when people moan about it..

THATS THE PRICE, U KNOW THE PRICE SO IF ITS AN ISSUE STAY AT HOME..

i went the cinema to see a 90min long film the other night with the mot and it cost me 20e so how is a days drifting dear?????

and as for the grandstand it was best 5e i ever spent to have a laugh and a seat all day

well said ste!!!:mad:

jeff nelson sileighty
15-09-11, 15:59
in fairness man there was one little dish knockin round with them lads in short short jean shorts and and id have happily looked at her prance round all day rather than the drifting!

but seriously yeah your dead right but what would expect when a bunch of shams roll up to JAPfest in pimped volkwagons with bales,sounds weighin them down and other shite on them,the only motorsport them boys are interested in is laps of the town,seems to work for them though theyre never short of girlies!im jealous but then im ugly as fuk so car choice aint my problem:D
a few of us round at stena tried a bit to get that side goin....no one was havin any of it, poor ole show for the international drivers but were irish were a little shy sober we cant help it:wink: the crowd was decieving half that were there wouldnt give a fuk about drifting or any other track action

only was at the sunday myself couldnt make it to the saturday which i was pissed about heard it was great day,good to hear it, sunday was very impressive never realised mondello was so good run that way been a while since i seen it there,the speed and angle into stena was savage,phil morrison and aasbo were fukin were class to watch, dmacs and mike fitz rotarys are the job great to see a bit of variation in engines,as great as sr20s may be they generallty sound shite,which is as important as big smoke and whatnot i reckon,sinnots cam looks class in its new colour and his driving was perfect a joy to watch smooth out,fairplay to james dean class act man

i was up by stena with a few of the lads all day and my god it wrecked my head...i was gettin very excited watchin the battles as i always do and was roarin when they put a good lap in and from what i could see it was only me and one of the lads gettin going for the drivers it was head wreckin only to have a few "hardcore" fans up round stena thats why saturday is always better for atmosphere

tezdude
15-09-11, 20:07
i was up by stena with a few of the lads all day and my god it wrecked my head...i was gettin very excited watchin the battles as i always do and was roarin when they put a good lap in and from what i could see it was only me and one of the lads gettin going for the drivers it was head wreckin only to have a few "hardcore" fans up round stena thats why saturday is always better for atmosphere

I was between honda and stena with my girlfriend and a couple of lads, i would count myself a hardcore fan and it felt the same jeff like i was the only one on that side of the track, its disgraceful when freddie aasbo come near backwards down stena and nobody even reacts like wtf:mad:

jonosilvia
15-09-11, 21:23
Most of them are probably getting excited thinking about how they are gonna spin up one wheel going out the gate

jeff nelson sileighty
15-09-11, 21:31
I was between honda and stena with my girlfriend and a couple of lads, i would count myself a hardcore fan and it felt the same jeff like i was the only one on that side of the track, its disgraceful when freddie aasbo come near backwards down stena and nobody even reacts like wtf:mad:

Ya when he pulled it off i went mental and i looked around and people were just looking at me like wtf....its a real shame i actually had to explain to the lads what was so amazin :( :mad:

retro head
15-09-11, 22:30
Ya when he pulled it off i went mental and i looked around and people were just looking at me like wtf....its a real shame i actually had to explain to the lads what was so amazin :( :mad:

theyve no appreciation of what hes acheiving because theyve never tried anything like it,you know your self when you start drifting youve a whole new appreciation for what the pros do as you can understand the skill and speed it takes,same reason the general population find motorsport boring,like i heard a woman on the radio the other day make a remark about how bored f1 drivers must be goin round and round and they must be close too nodding off! she had absolutely no idea the battle and the fitness it would take to get that car round for a whole race,and we can only imagine as well i suppose

keith-n
16-09-11, 09:28
Correct me if i'm wrong, But i think alot of the "crowd being silent" Is simply down to the fact that they don't know what it is their looking at. Plain and simple. Sunday there was 35% drift fans, 65% japfest attendee's.

The saturday without doubt was Hardcore drift nuts.

On the saturday, ALL Manfoot drivers were getting shouts on our behalf. Next in line was Barrysmotorsports drivers, DI drivers were getting appreciation claps and whistles off us but thats only to keep a bit of rivailry betwwen the two sets of fans. Adds to the atmosphere.