PDA

View Full Version : shutz or wax oil

Noel
27-08-11, 21:27
which wud b better to protect my car,iv been talkin to a few people and they told me that shutz holds moisture and i shud wax oil the car what wud ye recommend,r is either way good

joey banana s14
27-08-11, 21:38
see by right they all serve different purposes waxoil isnt great for under a car just inside doors and stuff what you want for under a car is shutz but not stone chip shutz thats for sills and can be painted it goes rock hard, shutz stays tarry kinda sticky better for underneath

way2fastforu
28-08-11, 15:46
id go wit waxoyl the black stuff is really good....shutz is only really good in areas that need stone protection like wheel arches sills etc

pinny
28-08-11, 15:46
x 2 shutz is the shit . 2 r 3 light coats versus 1 crazy heavy one is best

joey banana s14
28-08-11, 16:38
id go wit waxoyl the black stuff is really good....shutz is only really good in areas that need stone protection like wheel arches sills etc

thats anti stonechip there is a shutz also its the exact same but stays rubbery its for car undersides waxoil isnt really strong enough for under a car

joey banana s14
28-08-11, 16:40
x 2 shutz is the shit . 2 r 3 light coats versus 1 crazy heavy one is best

this is true building up coats works better than 1 fucker of a coat, can chip/flake off much easier

driftimports
04-09-11, 21:41
I used the Dinitrol kit from rejel.co.uk for my mx5 and R33. Medium car schutz kit was nearly enough to do both, just had to get 1 more can of underbody wax. They offer discounts if you are in certain car clubs (mx5oc worked for me).

Very helpful chaps to talk to and quite a comprehensive kit. Would highly recommend it or the aerosol kit if you don't have a compressor. Waxoyl can be a bit messy to work with by comparison. Check the link below to see the finish:)

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=817605&d=0&nmt=

20vees
04-09-11, 22:21
isnt shutz what they use on cars nowadays? i must get mine done ...anyone have a roundabout price to get this done?

driftimports
04-09-11, 22:52
http://www.rejel.com/rejel-store/categoryid/29/list/1/level/a/productid/9403.aspx

That should be enough to do most cars, it's the kit I nearly got two from but it'd safely do one with some spare for touch up repairs and has all the application kit. Postage was under £10 I think but the mx5oc discount I got covered it anyway:)

Hammerite do a schutz can with Waxoyl in it which I paid about £8 for if you can borrow or already have a schutz gun. 4-5 cans should just do it.

Jerry C
04-09-11, 22:59
is it me or are all the pics missing/deleted from the pistonheads thread above?

driftimports
04-09-11, 23:21
Sorry seems a lot are missing, another guy put his progress up here:

http://www.autounity.net/index.php?showtopic=14416

Noel
05-09-11, 18:52
no its nt u cnt c fuk all

Mick K
05-09-11, 18:54

Did you miss a day or two in English class?

pole drift
05-09-11, 18:59

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llwjd1Hkpj1qjc32mo1_500.png

20vees
05-09-11, 19:05
Did you miss a day or two in English class?

ha ha ha i was going to say that :D

k1984w
15-09-11, 21:38
i sprayed a cavity spray on mine firt can t remember the bloody name now but gets in any corners and seems and stops rust then i put 3 coats of shultz the one you spray through a gun is alot better than the aersol can too, year later the underneath is still like new

Noel
15-09-11, 21:44
ha actually it looks retarded,my bad

dude
16-09-11, 07:27
either one is good but the main thing is to have the under side well degreased and spotless clean or either one can start to lift and let in water and thats wores than havn none on at all ive used both and if the car is cleand and prepared rite there is not a lot between them

RTC
16-09-11, 08:04
i would go with waxoil. my 1995 transit got done every 2 years and is still sound underneith. looks in better shape than my mates 2005 model. shutz can hold water but it does look better and you only find out you have problems when holes start to form

its up to you man, everyone will have there own view but the wax oil has always worked for me.

how many 16 year old transits do you see now still with the origanal paint...

just bought a new transit and the first thing i done was strip the ply lining and wax oil inside and underneith

dmcl1980
16-09-11, 11:21
Shutz also gets my vote.

driftimports
16-09-11, 11:44
To give some extra protection on the Skyline I thoroughly cleaned everything underneath and put 2 coats of Hammerite on first. This was given 24 hours to dry before applying the Schutz.

The Dinitrol kit includes a rust converter aerosol that was easy to use, just takes a while to dry and has some killer fumes lol!

A friend of mine got a pretty good finish using the Hammerite/Waxoyl brush on underbody sealer and it cost a fraction of the Dinitrol kit but he still needs to get the ordinary Waxoyl to coat the internal sections. He was with me when I was doing the Skyline and couldn't believe how quick, easy and accurate the shutz gun was in getting even coverage especially to the nooks and crannies.

k1984w
16-09-11, 20:15
Shuts is only gonna hold water if there's moisture on the under body of the car just make sure it s clean and bone dry and it will be perfect not a fan of wax oil at all

LennyS13
16-09-11, 22:29
shutz defo get the one ya hook up to air line, gun bout 15bucks handy dandy she says

Ryan r32
08-11-11, 20:22
id defo recomend dinatrol its good stuff, theres two pics of under my car in my members gal thread brilliant finnish too

toyotagt
10-11-11, 18:48
paint is better, shultz stays soft, and when a stone chips it it holds water and rusts away the car, thats y i had no floor in my kp60.. id paint using afew coats of any metalcare paint, like hammerite, but it wont be worth a feck if u dont put lots and lots of time prepping it,

or stone chip it all then paint over that any colour you want, that goes hard and alot better then soft shultz....