PDA

View Full Version : Drift Ireland Does Goldstone!!!!!!

Greg
11-10-09, 17:58
Just back in the girlfriends place after having a whopper day down in Goldstone. Gonna get some grub and then I'll post properly about the day. :D

Davie
11-10-09, 18:00
cool any pic's lad?

Greg
11-10-09, 18:20
I have no drifting pics, but there was a few cameras there, so the pics should start appearing soon.

Anyways, what a day. Loads and loads of seat time, and amazing driving from all. Especially from Jay, the lad in the red R32, Chris Brady, and all the other proper spec'd cars. Seeing the lads in the pro-spec cars on the track was kind of disheartening(sp) to be honest, but after a bag of chips and a can of coke to get the old confidence up, I got stuck in as well. :)

The best part of the day for me was watching everybody get progressively better as the day wore on, and watching them get some savage angles, and mucho smoke. Watching Jay hitting the inflatable cone clipping point was pretty cool too.

My rear bumper got some scrapes from milling the tyres out of it, but as Gem kept saying all day "that's all part of it". :D

Oh, and a big thanks to Ste, who kindly donated his tyres after his car wouldn't run properly. Thanks again buddy, it was greatly appreciated.

Eoin R.
11-10-09, 18:49
Few cool yokes about ahrite!! That lad in the red32 was flyin!!

Fair have to get another RWD!

insejn
11-10-09, 18:52
what a day!! will have to get some of the vids up. might edit them and put them all in one long vid.

thanks for a perfect drift day lads :cool:

anyone that has vids/pics of me goin sideways - do not hesitate to contact me pm'ing me on here, we will arrange their collection :>

s13-ste
11-10-09, 19:01
i dont even want to comment in here now:(

even tho the car wouldn't run right i still had a good time once it went back on the trailer. i cant stand watching drifting when i should have been out there but watching jay attack the cone was good crack.

we have to sort an other day down there but wait untill i know my car is right please:D

oh and thanks to nixon for bringing the seat down, having a look at my car (and andy too)

and a hella big thanks to barry for bringing the car down and back for me

Stevo
11-10-09, 19:23
Gud owl turnout, car didnt feel right so did'nt risk killing it lol, big big thanks to andy and the lads for pulling my yolk down;)
Red r32 sum cool driving, and kev in the ps13 sum fuckin pilot cheers for the spin:D:D

git
11-10-09, 19:51
yo id like to thank sum of the boys meself the lad in that chaser for robin loads of cable ties and helpn me put my intercooler pipe back on !!! and the dude wit the hat ???? cant remember his name but sound guy tho !:D .....

it was my first day on a track doing a practice and i had a ball eventually got the hang of it !!! :cool: he he

Frankae86
11-10-09, 19:58
It was hardley Mike meegan in the red32?

Arnie
11-10-09, 20:03
We were down with the mad 535i, first time in it, first time on the track as well, great fun, although I had only 2 laps because huge flames came from under the car. It turned out to be a fuel leak, will sort it out soon.

Looks like we'll be frequent users there, the owner is great, track is good fun, it runs on weekends (unlike watergrasshill) and cheap:D. What else you want

s13-ste
11-10-09, 20:06

T'was T'was
sum driver

rancido64
11-10-09, 20:16
pics, i want them :D

Micko
11-10-09, 20:33

It was indeed frankie:D

Was a great day out, had a few hick-ups with the car, nothing major and nothing a cable tie cudnt fix lol..car went well other than that.

Fair play to all the lads that brought their road cars out, injesin, darragh and the lad in the chaser and a few more...they all made it through without any problems. :)

Frankae86
11-10-09, 20:38
Nice one lad, That RB20 is a mighty yolk now!
I might make the next one myself :)

Razzer
11-10-09, 20:59
What a day thought the the day was well organised no pressure on anyone to get out there.the red 32 was mental to watch and the green rb14 was sweet looking too.the blue 14 good driver aswell.look forward to the next one.hopefully with my car.

sil80drifter
11-10-09, 21:04
how did chris bradys car go?

nixon001
11-10-09, 21:07
and the dude wit the hat ????

Guilty!! howeya!! nice to meet ya!! hope we all had a great day!! didn see ya leave but sure im sure il be seein ya at the next day!

nixon001
11-10-09, 21:12
Well lads, the day was a great success as im sure most of you will agree(sorry stevo..)!! sure we even learned that 4ages can keep up with sr20s???that doesnt sound right!gud man killian! Great to meet new members and put some faces to names, suppose it means were doing something right as theres new members nd new people to meet at every event!!

to all you new members if theres any suggestions or questions or anytin feel free to ask around nd have a bit of crack!-get yourselves a few tshirts!!

so how did everyone get on today???????

saw darren mac on the way back from punchestown, hear he did great in the new motor after running into trouble on saturday, drivin back down to cork stayin up all night nd den headin back upto punch!!!! dedication!!!sweetness of a car!! oh yes!!!!!!

PeterT
11-10-09, 21:14
that was a 535!?!?!? my god it was dead. i thought it was a 520 with a million miles on her haha!

great craic even though i didnt have the car (again) :(

lad in the red 32, jesus christ! impressed isnt the word.

To all apart from the greystones boys, navan lads and the goldstone drift locals, you guys missed some serious shit at the end! included flying ae86, people getting knocked off the tires by cars hitting clipping points etc etc, pics nad vids to come!!

Micko
11-10-09, 21:15
Nice one lad, That RB20 is a mighty yolk now!
I might make the next one myself :)

yea do ted sure sumtin to do over the winter, thats if ya dont have your yoke taken assunder by now??

mick
11-10-09, 21:17
im signing on this week so i can buy tyres, that is all.

Goldstone drift
11-10-09, 22:29
Had a great day lads annd yous are welcome back anyday
Had great laugh as a human clipin point ha ha:D megan tryin to kill me twice,jay and kev for some serious drivein and kilian for his sneaky undertakin and balls out cam drivein ha ha:D
Cant wait for the next day out see yous all at brian butler memorial :D

Get the pics and vids up quick boys:D

Cooldrft
11-10-09, 22:48
When is the brian butler memorial day ?

insejn
11-10-09, 22:52
PICS.

(please)
:cool:

Administrator
11-10-09, 23:04
Hooray! Just having dinner now after a long ass day!

Had a great day out myself, the lack of power in the 180 is getting a little frustrating but still had great fun and particularly towards the end was having a right laugh out with Jay.

BIG thanks to all who came along and a huuuuuge thanks to the Goldstone crew, who literally could not have been more sound throughout the day, and we'll be back as soon as possible!

Big thanks to all who brought Siofra out for spins too, she had a ball!

PeterT
11-10-09, 23:08
PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICS HERE!

http://www.driftireland.com/showthread.php?t=2370

Goldstone drift
11-10-09, 23:09
Hooray! Just having dinner now after a long ass day!

Had a great day out myself, the lack of power in the 180 is getting a little frustrating but still had great fun and particularly towards the end was having a right laugh out with Jay.

BIG thanks to all who came along and a huuuuuge thanks to the Goldstone crew, who literally could not have been more sound throughout the day, and we'll be back as soon as possible!

Big thanks to all who brought Siofra out for spins too, she had a ball!

Was great laugh today man nice to put names to and cant wait to get more mad shit goin the next day a clip the cone competion maybe:p:D:D
Told u kev would try frightin her man ha ha :P:P

Arnie
11-10-09, 23:18
that was a 535!?!?!? my god it was dead. i thought it was a 520 with a million miles on her haha!

:D:D Last week it wasn't running at all, couldn't believe the lad bought it when I saw it first, what a bag of shite.
Some valve clearances were in mm, one cyl not running at all etc etc, but we're getting there. Now it feels like it has a huuuuge turbo with even bigger lag, really hard to control response-wise (compared to what I'm used to) but I'll sort it out as well.

Better this than nothing:p

Administrator
11-10-09, 23:19

Good man Mick! Get your priorities right!

Goldstone drift
11-10-09, 23:21

And a set of widened quaters u mad fucker ha ha ha

Micko
12-10-09, 09:48
And a set of widened quaters u mad fucker ha ha ha

thats a different mick:D

But u speak the truth:)

Tekno Twinky
12-10-09, 11:39

haha hooray! btw Quality driving dude!

I didnt even change tyres once and they were fucked upon arrival at that ha 86 life ftw.

Greg
12-10-09, 12:56
A quick video of Micko doing the track in reverse..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bGF5NqtgmU

Stevo
12-10-09, 13:14
Problem found on my wanker of a car:mad: fookin head gasket, must have been mondello when the waterpump died, strange tho seen it was running perfect before it was loaded for today:( ah well here we go again:D

Goldstone drift
12-10-09, 13:15
Skim the head and dog it on stevo ha ha ha

Gar-4-age 86
12-10-09, 17:10
Beast day out track suits the 86 so well....the lack of power steerin killed my arms dunno how killian was still drivin at the end 4age kicked ass all day long:p:p:p some display from meego serious drivin and i got to go out with the gosson in his sexy 180 what a day despite micks best attempts to sabotage our handbrake!!:D:D

cruising_r32
13-10-09, 10:09
A quick video of Micko doing the track in reverse..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bGF5NqtgmU

Nice clip and super fast looking coming towards the camera.

Has anyone else got video clips from the day?

Jay Rockett
13-10-09, 17:07
Heres some clips Kaleb took that i put up on youtube..

Early on in the day
Jay Rockett and Goldstone's Kevin at Goldstones di day 11oct (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S295Egp4yFo)

And a bit later on!
driftirelands Jay and Darragh at Goldstone 11oct part 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq4kx5A55kg)

Great day out, one of the best driftdays i'v done i reckon! just such craic with the idea of outer clipping points! gave the crowd ALOT to cheer about!
Micko in the skyline was seriously impressive, and the navan lads in the cam gave such entertainment to EVERYONE, fair play to ya's!

Big thanks to the Goldstone crew, the day went brilliantly and i think the way the day went is making us all itching to go back soon! and we will!
Thanks to Greg for getting me chips too, haha!

Goldstone drift
13-10-09, 18:05
Cant wait for next day man was a good laugh was some craic later on in the day any vids of kev and kilian

Jay Rockett
13-10-09, 18:12
any vids of kev and kilian

Yeah i think Darragh got a vid of killian undertaking kev and the celebratory stoppie-into drift thing that he did, ha!:D

Great day!

mick
13-10-09, 18:12
fuck you kev! wee doon taaaalk liiiikeeee daaaaaat!

stevo, shit one, i feel for ya! i suspected it was the head alright what with the steam billowing out the exhaust! hadnt the heart to suggest it though!

Goldstone drift
13-10-09, 18:16
Yeah i think Darragh got a vid of killian undertaking kev and the celebratory stoppie-into drift thing that he did, ha!:D

Great day!

Cool darragh get off your ass and put it up ha ha ha:D

Gar-4-age 86
13-10-09, 20:06
fuck you kev! wee doon taaaalk liiiikeeee daaaaaat!

stevo, shit one, i feel for ya! i suspected it was the head alright what with the steam billowing out the exhaust! hadnt the heart to suggest it though!

Baahaha goowan outta dat!:p:D whos on for headin back down im mad for it!:)

insejn
13-10-09, 20:51
Baahaha goowan outta dat!:p:D whos on for headin back down im mad for it!:)

me me me :))

Administrator
13-10-09, 21:19
Cool darragh get off your ass and put it up ha ha ha:D

Tis on the wife's camera! Will get it up ASAP but probably will be the weekend!

Goldstone drift
14-10-09, 08:45
No bothers dude:D