PDA

View Full Version : track in progrees Tannery Portlaw

LennyS13
14-08-11, 20:16
was down in tannery today widened out the area ,

course to be in place next day for full loop round.

cheap days drifting 10euro to take car out,

i also saw they had tyre machine there if anyone brought spare tyres

there is another day on the 28th of this month might be worth look:)

an imprezza turned up with 180 engine and skyline rear subframe, looked metal, he was only after mocking it up needed coilovers was like a boat lol

anyway have look and see might be handy for few people :)

Graham and Garven Tannary portlaw 14th augest 2011 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvQBFJvT1XU)

keith-n
14-08-11, 20:23
Looks good, Be mint with propper layout.

Chuck_g
14-08-11, 20:32
For 10 bobs, gotta be worth it.......will be on next round with a few.

Hakosuka
14-08-11, 20:52
don't look to bad!.. I was always convinced the Tannery was just lads doing buns!

Paddy drifter
14-08-11, 20:53
Jaysus that don't look too bad!.. I was always convinced the Tannery was just lads doing buns!

it was until they expanded it out

pinny
14-08-11, 21:03
i was going to go to this but decided it was too far for what it is,,,, if a better layout is possible it should be done. Saying that if it was up to 90 mins away id go to it as is

tweek
14-08-11, 21:10
That place has serious potential

tommiii
14-08-11, 21:25
its alot better hen before was there alday with few of the lads well worth the 10e and on site tyre machine nice crowd to day with alot of nice carsdeadly weather to and there also a chipper van there to so ye wnt go hungry

darren C
14-08-11, 21:27
was there today for a look loads of buns.. wasnt really impressed

C-Rex
14-08-11, 21:36
Myself and subzero will go on the 28th if theres a proper track layout!:cool:

mickel
14-08-11, 21:39
lad's what county is this gear on in?

sccoupe
14-08-11, 21:45
Was ther 2day, 1st time havein a go at it, thought it was a grand set up for a beginner to get used to it, was taking to one of the lads tat was running it and he said there planning on makin it bigger!

pinny
14-08-11, 21:49
lad's what county is this gear on in?

portlaw, co. waterford

LennyS13
15-08-11, 10:10
i was speaking to the owner this morning, he doesnt mind fellas doing there few rings but maybe thinkin of holdin different days for them on a slab at the rear of the premises.

he wil have track sorted for next day and would like some feed back on the place to him if possible to make more improvements.

goin to take my car out weekend see wat they can come up with. :)

shall post the result :)
not to be knocked on the head yet me thinks

LennyS13
15-08-11, 10:13
phil and graham. @ tannery 14th augest 2011 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDrv6W6jpyE)

lot of the dust was gone by end of the day

Chuck_g
15-08-11, 13:03
Maybe a few rear clips could be organised??

Also, any chance of a longer/faster entry?

nicky h
15-08-11, 13:17
get a few lads that actually drift to make a proper track layout and clean up the place could be on to a winner , this place has a diffin reputation that needs to be lost before you will get proper numbers

maher180sx
15-08-11, 13:27
no offence lads was there and any car thats pro-drift logged/spec is wasting their time,my car been so rigid i was all over the place ,serious bumps there,but there probly teething problems :)

nicky h
15-08-11, 13:31
ideally all the building should be knocked and resurface the whole place then ur in business

Diesel-Dick
15-08-11, 13:34
no offence lads was there and any car thats pro-drift logged/spec is wasting their time,my car been so rigid i was all over the place ,serious bumps there,but there probly teething problems :)

for 10euro entry ill put up with sum bumps :p

nicky h
15-08-11, 14:38
for 10euro entry ill put up with sum bumps :p

€10 entry = lots of shitboxs and tight farmers :p , dont tink many good cars will go there ,
i want this to work its only over the road :cool:

Famous jh
15-08-11, 15:18
Fuck it for a tennor tis worth a shot...Looks no more bumpy than goldstone to me..

sil8094
15-08-11, 16:13
was there today drifting and its not all that bad surface wise yeah theres a few bumps etc but its all work in progress .
i cant complain anyways its only a tener and u can drift all day long.

Chuck_g
15-08-11, 16:17
I few bumps never hurt anyone, sure ffs Fermoy is dip heaven.....rights off most cars! But still a great spot......bumps only add to the fun and test drivers.

sil8094
15-08-11, 16:26
^^ chuck yeah its not that bad at all .it was only my 2nd time ever drifting and i had no problems at all .
heres a vid below of me in the sil80 and 1 the lads in hes 180sx.
if you have the balls for it u can come down from the top bit and pull the stick by the big building and in around and skim the tire wall all round.
i just didnt have the balls for it as it only my 2nd time drifting haha

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=151240178291265&comments

LennyS13
15-08-11, 17:37
yeah there is a few bumps a car with a bit of give no problem, as chuck said worth a shot for ten bob ya spend that on few fags like!

dont knock it yet lads, as the boys in bulmers say..... time dedicated to you! :D

only couple lads tryin to make somewhere to go with not much dosh.

any building thats down there is kind of old with a bit of a history and shame to plough out of it. i throw up few pics of surrondings tomorrow.

but their are ideas there still for something little different:)

runfree
15-08-11, 20:31
The main building cant be knocked as it is registered. This place has been improving the whole time. The more people it gets the more money will be spend on improving it. There is constant work going on here. They are trying to make the best of it as quick as they can for us. Few bumps are there but these will be leveled out in time.
I know its not perfect but for €10 its worth a bit of fun and your money will be used to improve the track for the day after.

S14a johno
15-08-11, 20:43
when your next date ted?? might spin down in the van, car be off the road soon

runfree
15-08-11, 20:51
28th of august is the next day

sccoupe
15-08-11, 22:03
i taught the bumps and dips were half the crack of the place, you get used to were there are after a while any way, for a tenner you could'nt go wrong, here a quick vid of the place, my first day out so drivng not the best, looking forward to next day.

180sx tannery diff day - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69awtwCJbWU)

tommiii
16-08-11, 02:05

ye was talking to u just before u left, few bumps at the top alright.. nice car u got aswell mate, good to c u got her going again..

jeff nelson sileighty
16-08-11, 11:10
i had been talking to 1 of the lads who went up and he was driving a beemer it blew 2 shocks and an engine mount and hes not a rough driver so id say its not just a bit bumpy

Diesel-Dick
16-08-11, 11:26
i had been talking to 1 of the lads who went up and he was driving a beemer it blew 2 shocks and an engine mount and hes not a rough driver so id say its not just a bit bumpy

fukin bmw's! :rolleyes::o

:D

jeff nelson sileighty
16-08-11, 11:41
fukin bmw's! :rolleyes::o

:D

Haha almost as bad as dodgey peugeots :p

jamie180sx
16-08-11, 12:15
not that rough,im going testing the track on saturday and testing a few different layouts,,so they are going putting up some videos ill let ye know what there like :afro:

LennyS13
16-08-11, 13:24
better get in line jamie lol :P