PDA

View Full Version : painting the 180

AndysR20det
11-08-11, 02:04
well folks im going to spray the 180 which is white at the minute but cud be whiter, im gettin it done white again but a different shade so was wondering wud i be better off taking out the engine and box to get the bay done the same colour so its not shitty lookin...!!

is it much hassle to remove or just simple.... :cool:

Mac_C
11-08-11, 02:28
Done it to me road car lock of months ago their ,

when i passed the point of no return i regretted it and i had the engine and box out for rebuild anyway .

Took the dash out and pulled through every wire and striped all so engine bay was completely bare .

Was right bit of work and when ya start putting everything back together theres not much of the new paint ya can see ,

so would advise against man unless you already have an earn for the engine out .

Clean it up with panel wipe r thinners and bit of polish might come up better than ya think

Boguey001
11-08-11, 07:19
Have to agree with above, theres alot of work in it, ive done it too and its very time consuming taking it all out and the nightmare of putting it all back in. If it the engine bay is already white and your going white again i wouldnt bother lad, just polish it up save yourself alot of hassle.

AndysR20det
11-08-11, 18:59
sound advise so lads haha iv no reason to take out the engine anyways, il be puttin a turbo on but will tackle it with the engine in place.
let the paintin begin so :)