PDA

View Full Version : toyo r888 semi slicks

Paddy drifter
06-08-11, 21:03
would it be worth my while buyin a second hand pair im lookin for a bit of grip in the front of my bmw cause i was out in goldstone and it just understeered constantly

Chuck_g
06-08-11, 21:08
Yes.......they are amazing.

Paddy drifter
06-08-11, 21:15
even if they are part worn do ya know anyone that does cheap ones i've a bench mark set for my car i know its strenghts and weaknesses so first thing is the grip on the front is shite

Famous jh
06-08-11, 22:59
No, waste of time for you at the moment lad... Get the better of what you have, understeer should never really be a complaint with a drift car. You may wanna invest in some coilovers lad and lots more track time.

Paddy drifter
06-08-11, 23:09
No, waste of time for you at the moment lad... Get the better of what you have, understeer should never really be a complaint with a drift car. You may wanna invest in some coilovers lad and lots more track time.

ye ill look into that thanks need a new clutch first ha :D

Diesel-Dick
06-08-11, 23:16
or some lowerin springs :wink:

Paddy drifter
06-08-11, 23:24
or some lowerin springs :wink:

ha ha there too low for me ill have to leave the bumper off anytime i go drifting

Famous jh
06-08-11, 23:26
ha ha there too low for me ill have to leave the bumper off anytime i go drifting

I'm sorry lad but i couldn't help but LOL at that...Seriously.

That bumper isn't that low come on now...

Paddy drifter
06-08-11, 23:27
I'm sorry lad but i couldn't help but LOL at that...Seriously.

That bumper isn't that low come on now...

have ya seen it

Famous jh
06-08-11, 23:33
have ya seen it

Yes i have...Thats not low..an even if it was, which is more important? Having an E46 m3 style bumper which doesn't suit your car on the car and havin no handling?

Or, gettin some lowering springs or coilovers and lowering and stiffening the suspension and reducing body roll and the car actually handling?

Still want the "low" bumper?

tweek
07-08-11, 08:22
Have you tried getting the alignment sorted first?

Paddy drifter
07-08-11, 10:03
Yes i have...Thats not low..an even if it was, which is more important? Having an E46 m3 style bumper which doesn't suit your car on the car and havin no handling?

Or, gettin some lowering springs or coilovers and lowering and stiffening the suspension and reducing body roll and the car actually handling?

Still want the "low" bumper?
sorry famous jh i know its the right thing to do is sort the car and forget bout the bumper i just was'nt myself yesterday ha

Paddy drifter
07-08-11, 10:04
Have you tried getting the alignment sorted first?

i was thinkin i might do that when i was driving i could feel it pullin me to one side

blusrule
07-08-11, 10:33
You don't need grippier tyres, if anything you need more power to make the back kick out in any way. You might be ok in mondello because thats a fast track but your wasting your time on slow tracks with a 1.8 unless they are soaking. I found it very hard to get it drifting in stones and tullow with 2litre

Try some coilovers or something first though, I bought these and they seem alright for the money

http://cgi.ebay.ie/JOM-Coilovers-Set-BMW-E36-316-318-320-323-325-328-NEW-/270767157550?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f0afaf12e

As for tyres I used Hankook up front for over a year and have kingstar now and they are good tyres

Paddy drifter
07-08-11, 10:56
You don't need grippier tyres, if anything you need more power to make the back kick out in any way. You might be ok in mondello because thats a fast track but your wasting your time on slow tracks with a 1.8 unless they are soaking. I found it very hard to get it drifting in stones and tullow with 2litre

Try some coilovers or something first though, I bought these and they seem alright for the money

http://cgi.ebay.ie/JOM-Coilovers-Set-BMW-E36-316-318-320-323-325-328-NEW-/270767157550?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f0afaf12e

As for tyres I used Hankook up front for over a year and have kingstar now and they are good tyres

ye thanks for the advice i may save a few bob so ha

Diesel-Dick
07-08-11, 19:43
paddy u seen my yolk in stones 2day, id no understeer nd ive only got nankangs on the front nd a big heavy 6 pot! and id strongly advise u make ur hydro vertical like mine to get a way better pull on it cumin into a bend!

Paddy drifter
07-08-11, 20:19
paddy u seen my yolk in stones 2day, id no understeer nd ive only got nankangs on the front nd a big heavy 6 pot! and id strongly advise u make ur hydro vertical like mine to get a way better pull on it cumin into a bend!

ye i did i was lookin at it gave me a few ideas and ye i might look into it but im gonna make a few changes to tyres and stuff