PDA

View Full Version : Prodrift Round 4 Saturday aftertaughts

pole drift
16-07-11, 17:45
Weather was a huge let down today but loads of people were giving it socks.

Gem's car looks the tits with his new front :D

Willis is a whopper pilot and i was delighted he took the win!!

Tomas Falvey fell victim to the rain and ploughed through the water barriers.

Overall hugely impressed with the performance today, it wasn't easy with the rain but people were consistent. Well done to all :D

dbyrneae86
16-07-11, 17:50
Taught it was a great day the rain made it interesting and showed the balls! Fair play to Willis ..Jesus the DI crowd were going insane in the stand!!

insejn
16-07-11, 17:54
they were insejn! ;-D

Fair play to all the drivers on goin balls out on such a shit weather!

some pics and vids up in a few h

S14a johno
16-07-11, 18:17
good day, savage driveing buy all drivers must say
even when the weather got bad

nice see some 360 and keep her lite and keep drifitng :afro::afro:

who had alllll the bear in the stand :afro::afro:
bredan what that bet ya took again lol

B.Egan
16-07-11, 18:22
horrible horrible horrible day, spent all night and morn trying to sort the issue I had. Got it sorted at about 12.30, after travelling and trying everything. Went out for my second qualifying run after no briefing, no practice and no first qualy run. Still thought I had a chance! Then it pissed rain, I had no roof, got soaked, puddles around my wires made me nervous, and my bald R888s and fucked rears meant I just aquaplanned all the way through the entry. Shit run, shit day, and just really pissed off tbh, as I really fancied this one...

But delighted for Willis, no nicer man to win an event, although a pity it was at the expense of Wez as he really deserves a win. To adjust to the changing the conditions all the way through the battles the lads deserve alot of respect. Now to get hammered and erase all memory of it!!

JohnC
16-07-11, 18:28
good day yeah....slow when wet cos drivers were goig off or it was shit to watch.when dry it was great....happy mark got it the fact that what happened last sunday then rebuilding the legs

insejn
16-07-11, 18:50
Oh ye and i gotta say. gem is a mad cunt, couldnt believe my eyes when i saw he went out..after givin up like.. haha ur a legend. some drivin too

ste
16-07-11, 18:50
thank god for the grandstand.... would have been a moist day spectating to say the least without it....

savage atmosphere gotta love the saturday action

WELL DONE TO WILLIS.....

gem-s13
16-07-11, 19:33
was a good day in the end, practice went well untill i blew 3rd gear again!! changed rhe box got out for 2-3 more laps, first qualifying run wasnt my best all day didnt have much angle between clip 1 and 2, then it pissed rain and i was just being stupid came in way to hard!! spun and expecting to just hit the gravel trap! but there is a huge lip at the edge of the track and i nearly ripped my wheel off!! broke inner and outter tie rods bent wishbone and tension rod and the tension rod bracket! had no propper spares with me to fix it so gave up until dan moorehead gave out to me and we gathered up some spare around the paddoc got it back together but was all over the place! because i run such wide track and all the bit were stock drove it on won my top 32 battle somehow! then it pissed rain before my top 16 run and with the front end of the car so bad i just could not get it to go ware i wanted it! so that was my wkend done! next time!!!

and also congrads to wez, francis and mark willis good to see my late nights were not wasted!

MartyMoore
16-07-11, 19:45
Great to see Mark win. Savage day looking forward to tomorrow
@gem- got some cool shots today of you with some crazy angles, keep an eye on the site for the update

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd156/MartyMoore1990/willis.jpg

keith_b
16-07-11, 20:02
was a good day in the end, practice went well untill i blew 3rd gear again!! changed rhe box got out for 2-3 more laps, first qualifying run wasnt my best all day didnt have much angle between clip 1 and 2, then it pissed rain and i was just being stupid came in way to hard!! spun and expecting to just hit the gravel trap! but there is a huge lip at the edge of the track and i nearly ripped my wheel off!! broke inner and outter tie rods bent wishbone and tension rod and the tension rod bracket! had no propper spares with me to fix it so gave up until dan moorehead gave out to me and we gathered up some spare around the paddoc got it back together but was all over the place! because i run such wide track and all the bit were stock drove it on won my top 32 battle somehow! then it pissed rain before my top 16 run and with the front end of the car so bad i just could not get it to go ware i wanted it! so that was my wkend done! next time!!!

and also congrads to wez, francis and mark willis good to see my late nights were not wasted!

Its the first event that i havent heard about gem fixing someones car to get them back out. Im sure people were only to happy to return the favor. Some crazy drivin out there today it was epic when dry but the rain made it to slippy. Willis your fans were out in force well done.

Greg
16-07-11, 20:15
For the hour or I was there I enjoyed it immensely, as did my young lad. The track layout is cool and the minimum 120kmh entry speed makes things very interesting. Sickened I can't go tomorrow really, but what you gonna do.

Congrats to Willis on the win and driving the car like he stole it, one entry was 140 odd kmh or something crazy like that. :D Who actually got the highest speed?

Big props to Git for giving it his all out there. :)

Stevo
16-07-11, 20:23
Sum craic in the stands today MG crew dont get out much :p saturday ftw at PD events..
Wez Gem Willis fair play lads, weather made a hard layout even harder good days entertainment by all envolved :D

pole drift
16-07-11, 20:34
Great to see Mark win. Savage day looking forward to tomorrow
@gem- got some cool shots today of you with some crazy angles, keep an eye on the site for the update

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd156/MartyMoore1990/willis.jpg

Thats Willis, not Gem

Fredericks Balls
16-07-11, 21:28
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59/Fredsballs/IMG_1944.jpg

Dunnedriftin
16-07-11, 21:33
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59/Fredsballs/IMG_1944.jpg

That looks horrible!!

Lough-Dello tomorrow by the looks of it!

Fredericks Balls
16-07-11, 21:40
That looks horrible!!

Lough-Dello tomorrow by the looks of it!

It was bone dry litterally 3 minutes before that and that lasted about 5 in total but nearly flooded the second corner! That was the lap before Falvey had a run in with the clipping point barriers

JStone
16-07-11, 21:54

your a hard man on a car gym :)

Dunnedriftin
16-07-11, 21:57
It was bone dry litterally 3 minutes before that and that lasted about 5 in total but nearly flooded the second corner! That was the lap before Falvey had a run in with the clipping point barriers

Madness but it is ireland! could be snowing in 5 mins time for all we know! lol

MartyMoore
16-07-11, 22:37
Thats Willis, not Gem

I know that

Prodrifter86
16-07-11, 22:38
Top class day! some of the entries were insane!!!!!!!!!!.......... the Athmosphere was epic up there. was like a full on DI Fan group! shouting and roaring hahaha!!!! rain was gay! but shit happens.

twailbait
16-07-11, 22:51
Top class day! some of the entries were insane!!!!!!!!!!.......... the Athmosphere was epic up there. was like a full on DI Fan group! shouting and roaring hahaha!!!! rain was gay! but shit happens.

Yeah we're a loud bunch!

pole drift
16-07-11, 22:52
I know that

Was just checking the fact that you said you had great pics of Gem and you posted a pic of Willis

SUPER 180
16-07-11, 22:56
what times it startin in the mornin??

hunty_sideways
16-07-11, 23:01
Great day, rain was cool loads of 360's :) wez was flyin all day, well done willis ;)

Paddy drifter
16-07-11, 23:10
great day today some great drivers battling through the rain and the atmosphere in the stand was brilliant

Prodrifter86
16-07-11, 23:44
Yeah we're a loud bunch!

yeah we were goin mad ourselves when standing beside every1 from DI and just as usual! no point holding back! lol

nikki
16-07-11, 23:48
great atmoshpere about today even with the weather everyone seemed in top form.

some driving there today willis really had the crowed going ! the 360 entrys were epic but best of the day was the yellow s13 going straight through the chicane and keeping her lit ! hero :afro:

Daraghs14a
16-07-11, 23:59
some talent there again today . even with the
weather the lads were commeted.
Fair play

Chuck_g
17-07-11, 11:53
I got air :)

twailbait
17-07-11, 12:14

Was that when you were a bit optimistic on the first clipping point and went clean across it?!! I thought the car was going over, but the dust was everywhere so couldn't see anything, so I presumed you were only dead! Then ofcourse the car burst out through the dust cloud, still flat out!! Good man boss!!

Moose
17-07-11, 13:09
Savage day on saturday, car went well allday for me, except wen i forgot to close bonnet pins n it flew up and split in half on the windscreen, oops, :eek:.

Track was cool in fairness, entry was hairy enuf, but good fun all day, shame bout the weather but none the less the commitment outta the drivers was serious, fair play lads,

Famous jh
17-07-11, 13:32

I did as well apparently... We're some pilots alright :cool:

Chuck_g
17-07-11, 17:05
Ur MY hero john......great weekend. Full report tomorrow

Ya timmy, i nearly pooed but kept the manfoot down :)
4th gear, a different ball game :)

git
17-07-11, 17:16

I got sick

bart
17-07-11, 17:20
I got sick

only cause ya had a date with sarah...
chicken.!!!

S14a johno
17-07-11, 17:21
I got sick

heard, mad man running for the jacks :cool::cool::cool:
well ya got out there and ya did it chris, all that maters
and far play.........

chuck got air ......... nike be ringing ya for demo;s chuck :afro:
but far balls to keep the drifitng gooing :afro::afro:

joey banana s14
17-07-11, 17:34
I got sick

i got drunk:cool:

retro head
17-07-11, 17:42
how did today go,dampish? sorry i didnt go now reading all this sounded like a great day yesterday,so how was the 100mph clutch kick entry goin for everyone whereabouts where youse throwin it out and how much of a run up did youse get?

SMD-R33
17-07-11, 18:12
i made a complete cock of my first battle apart from that loved the track, fair play till wiilis savage bit of driving

Falvey
17-07-11, 19:43
Not long home. Had a great weekend overall. We got plenty of practice time on Saturday morning which was great. Made it through qualifing, had good crack with John hickey in the top 32 battle, sound man! I then faced wez in my top 16 battle. Judges called it "one more time" and with that a serious shower broke out turning the track into an ice rink. Spun on my first run and on the second just drove down the straight, turning the steering wheel at the first initiation and the car just slid straight into the water barriers. Serious driving from wez all weekend, unbelievable entrys today!!
Dispite the terrible weather I think it was a fantastic weekend, well done to prodrift and all involved. Roll on round 5 (",) !!!!!

jeff nelson sileighty
17-07-11, 20:36
ya saturday was a good laugh..missed about a half hour of practice in the morning but sure what can ya do :rolleyes: was kinda pissed with my driving got 2 zeros but had fun doing it ha and came in at 130k in the pissing rain backwards :p some serious driving from everybody and was great to see tomas falvey doing well along with many semi pros who just went mental on entries :D roll on round 5

PeterT
17-07-11, 21:24
ya saturday was a good laugh..missed about a half hour of practice in the morning but sure what can ya do :rolleyes: was kinda pissed with my driving got 2 zeros but had fun doing it ha and came in at 130k in the pissing rain backwards :p some serious driving from everybody and was great to see tomas falvey doing well along with many semi pros who just went mental on entries :D roll on round 5

you went in hot one of the runs and spun, whatever way it worked out it was gas, think it was ur oul lad taking a vid infront of us id say its a funny watch!

jeff nelson sileighty
17-07-11, 21:32
you went in hot one of the runs and spun, whatever way it worked out it was gas, think it was ur oul lad taking a vid infront of us id say its a funny watch!

hahaha fukin hell was that ya in the vid i could hear :D i just said fukit go balls out and see what happens :P

PeterT
17-07-11, 21:42
we were standing behind him anyways having the lols haha

jeff nelson sileighty
17-07-11, 21:45
we were standing behind him anyways having the lols haha

yes twas quite a lolish lap it was pure ice and i just kinda started messin didnt really know what i was at :D ha

Prodrifter86
17-07-11, 22:39
haha jeffy was some criac on saturday! haha......

Micko
18-07-11, 03:21
Lads where to begin! One of the best weekends and most fun i ever had in a car and at a prodrift event!

Saturday was brilliant making top 8 in non seeds after two decent battles against Brian Lenahan who had boost issues and Conor Farrrely and a love tap lol. Eventually coming to an end to the consistent Nick Quealy who wiped the floor hands down all day serious pilot! Mega respect to Wez, Francis and finally Willis who won it outright, for serious entries and overall driving skills!!

Getting through to top 16 on sunday was a dream come true rubbing shoulders with the best in the business. Luck had a lot to do with me qualifying!!!! After getting through i was fit to load up i was happy out!
Met Alan Lenihan in top 16, i didnt expect much. Quality driver and sound man well deserved victory! Thanks to the lads for getting me back runinng after mechanical issues Saturday.

Overall an EPIC weekend and met a lot of new sound folk, Still gutted for Swanney really felt this was his weekend he really earned it but congrats to Gavin on a savage consistent weekend and Willis in non seeds, and all the other drivers on a difficult track and conditions roll on round 5!!

bart
18-07-11, 08:55
had a savage weekend..
got through to top 32 and met Francis o Shea..
have to say that its one quick car..
he drove really well all weekend..
and the amount of AMA/semi pro drivers getting through is just amazing...
fair play to all involved..
roll on round 5:cool:

git
18-07-11, 09:48
Lord lantern good jaysus where do i start :o ,well i was fourth to go out and ended up 5 minutes before i went out to do my first qualifiying run with my head stuck down the jax's ,so had to leg it back to the car just as the first car went out and made it cheers to sean at the line for that !! same thing happend again for my second run head burried down the pot lovley job altogether ,turns out i got that 24hr bug how anever wasnt an excuse for the faggot entrys ha ! ah well sure theres always next time had a bit of crack first time out, as i keep sayin that shit only happens to me :cool::cool:!! dont even know where i got placed if anywhere ! :o

Also missed the night out dont know whats worse that or nearly dieing ha !

well done to all and to micko for getting far ! nick quealy also on form as usual well done dude !

The drifter
18-07-11, 10:26
Have to say well done to Alan Farrell who finished in the top 8 overall. A name for the future lads without a doubt. Fair play to everyone who managed to stay on the track during the rain they showed real skill.

lady89
18-07-11, 10:29
well,...it was great!
enjoyed it a lot, was just a pity cause of the weather!

will upload some pics and videos later.

thaaanks pro drift and congrats to Gavin ;)

skinnynphats200
18-07-11, 11:53
What can I say, first out! :o basically went to hard in on my entries in qualifying and didn't have the experience to scrub the speed quick enough and transition, I hit the foot pedal too soon on both runs and spun both times. Had good fun though! Fair play to all drivers for the their serious entries and overall driving and commitment in both the bad weather and the good, and fair play to Willis for the win serious driving, well deserved. Can't wait for round 5 now, hopefully I might get in some good runs without going off. Overall good weekend!

ae86-connell
18-07-11, 12:23
great weekend, good driving, pity about the weather, was sickened i got fuck all practice due to car trouble but could be worse, would have loved to give a go at a mad entry. loved the speed. lets hope rd 5 goes better and well try push hard

alan180sx
18-07-11, 15:26
Great weekend at Prodrift Round 4. Team Manfoot was well represented with 4 out of the 5 lads making Top 32 on Saturday John Boost Hickey, Mark Keane, Nick Quealy and James Spillane. Nick and James fought out in Top 16, Nick picked up the win and advanced to Top 8. Nick drove well all day an finished 3rd overall on Saturday.

Sunday Saw Nick Quealy Qualify for Top 16 and take 6th on his superlap. Nick then got drawin against Mark Willis. It most anticapated run of the weekend. the atmosphere in the stand was unreal with D.I members an Team Manfoot followers raising the roof. Nick pulled out the win made it to Top8. Great Result.

bruno s14
18-07-11, 22:19
Wat a weekend at mondello.. D level of driving is gone mad fair play 2 John mac he's really settling in 2 his new beast.. Fair play 2 falvey Paul mac driving very well nd John hall on his 1st event nd was flying weeboo... Wez nd Francis nd stonie were havin some entry's in fairness 2 them.. Nice 2 c Gavin lenihan on d podium love his car nd drivin style..also great buzz in d stand sat nd sun d place was goin mad taught it was cool.. Roll on round 5!!!

PeterT
19-07-11, 12:48
Great weekend at Prodrift Round 4. Team Manfoot was well represented with 4 out of the 5 lads making Top 32 on Saturday John Boost Hickey, Mark Keane, Nick Quealy and James Spillane. Nick and James fought out in Top 16, Nick picked up the win and advanced to Top 8. Nick drove well all day an finished 3rd overall on Saturday.

Sunday Saw Nick Quealy Qualify for Top 16 and take 6th on his superlap. Nick then got drawin against Mark Willis. It most anticapated run of the weekend. the atmosphere in the stand was unreal with D.I members an Team Manfoot followers raising the roof. Nick pulled out the win made it to Top8. Great Result.

A bit contracersial when nick was leading Willis, was mega slow which doesn't suit willis, then willis leading he was on his bumper at about twice the speed! Ah sure! That's drifting! But both drives were on fire!

foshea
19-07-11, 17:22
What a weekend, fair play to Prodrift for forcing us to do a clutch kick entry, these kind of different lay outs are pushing all the drivers so hard and improving every one of us. I loved the track layout, it allowed for some serious entries from everyone. I got to watch some and it was edge of your seat stuff. Serious entertainment:cool:

Chuck_g
19-07-11, 20:54
Ur a ledge Francy :)

ae86-connell
20-07-11, 21:23
kawabata the 2nd :)

Mick K
20-07-11, 21:27
Have to agree,My new Mondel'ah Hero!

Mabbit
21-07-11, 18:19
Were do i start..:confused:..Wat a epic weekend...Saturday morning the first few runs were mega hard trying to get the right line with the right speed,but near the end of practice it started to come together for me gettin a nice line in with alot of speed and angle...then after watchin the semi pros at practice i was shitin it wit Wez and Gem pulling serious entrys:cool:...then qualifing came and i got a good run which left me 8th by the end which i was seriously happy with;)....but unfortunitly in the top 32 i had two terrible runs and on the second run the car cut out and i washed out and understeered which i lost alot of points and that was the end of my weekend...

But what a great weekend we had,pity bout the weather and well done to Willis for his great driving and a win that was well derserved from all them late nights fixing his car getting it ready for rd4:wink:...