PDA

View Full Version : Fuck.sake.

PeterT
26-05-09, 15:31
Sorry, im raging. basicaly everyone knows the car felt dead up in the revs for the last few months until i put a walbro in, then it was almost perfect.

Well, after the car had been sitting for a few days today, i went out, and its back to being SHITE again, feels like a non turbo.

floor it, wait for full boost, and boom, feels slow as hell. Fueling??

i ordered a new fuel filter, as ive NO idea when it was done last and its been running on low tanks recently due to money.

Why was it running grand now shite after sitting for 2-3 days???

mick
26-05-09, 15:38
cuz its jap?

Tekno Twinky
26-05-09, 15:59
Scrap il whoop you in a gay FWD civic :p:p:p

Nah it was a sad day pete..I wish ceffy had held up that day too:(

Dam reliable n/a Honda engines :mad:

thegosson
26-05-09, 16:06
walbro pump and low fuel should never meet. it will shit itself.

colm
26-05-09, 16:31
^^^ agreed. have you got a fpr or fuel pressure gauge?

Id say new filters a good place to start.

PeterT
26-05-09, 16:45
will it actualy die straight away? i havnt been driving it that much since the pumps in and ive been putting in 30quidish each time recently.

but i shall see what hapens with the filter. as it feels the EXACT same as with the old pump.

colm
26-05-09, 20:29
I dont know how quick they can go, it hasnt happened to me personally.

I dont know if this is true, but i remember someone telling me ages back that if the in tank filter comes off it can make the car feel like the pumps wanked.

It might be worth checking since you only put it in?

PeterT
26-05-09, 21:49
i had the pump out over the last few days as i was putting a new seal on the lid, all was grand. damn. GOOOODDD DAAAAAAAAAMMMMMNNNNNNN YOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUU CAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Jay Rockett
26-05-09, 21:52
Ha, road cars!:D

PeterT
26-05-09, 21:58
Ha, road cars!:D

its being constantly broke thats the problem:(

a power run on a dyno would have told any probs when it all started! but i cant even aford a power run never mind a full dyno tune!!

nissan_doctor
26-05-09, 22:37
When I fit a new pump I always use the original pumps 'sock' or filter gauze as the ones that come with uprated pumps are usually much shorter and won't reach the end of the tank.

chrisb
03-06-09, 11:11
i think im having problems too, not as drastic though, when flicking the car from one direction to the other violently the car looses all power and splutters, im thinking its because the sock on the walbrow is not as far down the tank as the standard one was, means i have to keep fuel level prity high to stop it.

going to try longer wires to pump and mount it lower in tank in the next few days, will report after udc on sunday

Jimmy
29-06-09, 16:08
Whats up lads i only got a new fuel pump in about 2 weeks ago as wel and it was running fine but now on the random it feels like im running out of petrol like splutters real bad and nearly cuts out but i have plenty of petrol, would this happen that bad if i needed a new fuel filter? so confused i hate cars ha

oh and i mounted the new pump a bit closer to the end of the tank.

Davie
29-06-09, 19:32
what car jimmy?

Jimmy
29-06-09, 22:10
Sorry man, r32gtst, got an new pressure reg as well.