PDA

View Full Version : Uprated clutch.... or not ?

boost-addict
27-06-11, 13:47
I've a s14a that's currently running 265bhp with 285ft/lb.

Recently I decided that it's time for me to put a fair bit more power through those wheels so I have invested in a bigger turbo, z32 afm and new 555cc injectors, paired with a Power FC, a decent map and her current spec list I will be looking at somewhere in/around 330+hp with similar torque figures.

Problem is that I have a BRAND NEW standard clutch in it... Literally a few thousand miles on it :mad: I haven't installed any of the new parts yet (can't afford the ECU/map) but over the next few weeks I had intended on putting everything on.

My question is, do you think the standard clutch would be able to take a days worth of mapping ? Should I just buy & install an uprated clutch before sending it off ? I would hate to bring it up, install the AFM and injectors, try and get everything working together only to find that my clutch can't handle it. Equally I HATE the idea of taking out the new clutch that was just put in :mad:

Thanks.

boost-addict
27-06-11, 13:51
I might add, I know that I will need to upgrade the clutch regardless I'd just love to get some life out of this one before taking it off and I can't wait too get the new parts on haha... I'd love to know that I'll even get the map out of this clutch without having to worry about it slipping.

It's just a pain having to cough up another €500 before I get anything put on the car, albeit more benefitial as I will have the new clutch in then and wont have to worry about it but everything adds up and thousands of euro gone over a short period is significantly harder to cope with then thousands gone over a longer period of time for the same parts :p

richy
27-06-11, 14:50
No chance it'll take a mapping session with 330bhp, my standard one lasted 1.5 laps of drifting after I put a HDev 1a chip in it!! (278bhp RR'd)

boost-addict
27-06-11, 18:39
Nice one :wink: I taught as much but was hoping for the opposite haha

sc86
28-06-11, 00:27
i have drift culture 6 puck clutch kit 270e if you decide to change mate
exedy are 370e