PDA

View Full Version : E85 conversions???

Stevo
30-09-09, 20:35
Well boys and girls as above is it possible to convert the cefiro to E85??
If so will it do more mpg on E85 or less?? or am i just fookin mad :eek::p

Administrator
30-09-09, 21:37
Ethanol holds less energy per litre than petrol so probably won't help fuel consumption issues will it?

colm
30-09-09, 22:16
for cruising youl use less. for giving it some welly youll use bout 30% more.

thats the basic answer for consumsion

colm
30-09-09, 22:36
just read that again. Youl need uprated fuel pump, fpr, bigger injectors and a mappible ecu.

BIG plus about e85 is it runs cooler, you can advance the fcuk out of your timing and its 25c a litre cheaper than petrol

Stevo
30-09-09, 23:10
Cheers colm:cool: hmmm mapable ecu for a pa32 cefiro:confused:

colm
30-09-09, 23:42
i know feck all about cefiros but you can get a nistune board for a a31 cefrio so maybe you can for yours too

Stevo
30-09-09, 23:45
i know feck all about cefiros but you can get a nistune board for a a31 cefrio so maybe you can for yours too

hmmmmm ill have to get onto stiv so;) so basically if i drive it like its robbed it gonna eat juice, but normal cruising should be better on juice... doing approx 2000klms a week so is it worth doing?

colm
30-09-09, 23:54
thats about it dude. gotta thhink of where your driving too. still hard to get in places.

stivs the man to talk to alright ;)

Stevo
30-09-09, 23:56
thats about it dude. gotta thhink of where your driving too. still hard to get in places.

stivs the man to talk to alright ;)

Its a taxi lad, so any maxol should do the job:)

colm
01-10-09, 00:09
ah sorted then dude :D im 25mins from my nearest station :(

Stonie
01-10-09, 00:25
If you want to find out about an e85 conversion done properly, talk to robbie at TDP as he has been using e85 for a number of years on road cars rally cars race cars and drift cars, his evo which i won de t/a championship in and his gtr both use e85 and de list goes on, it is not cheap to do it properly give him a shout!

Stevo
01-10-09, 00:41
ah sorted then dude :D im 25mins from my nearest station :(

:eek: 25 mins holy fook lad!!

If you want to find out about an e85 conversion done properly, talk to robbie at TDP as he has been using e85 for a number of years on road cars rally cars race cars and drift cars, his evo which i won de t/a championship in and his gtr both use e85 and de list goes on, it is not cheap to do it properly give him a shout!

Cheers stonie:)

nissan_doctor
01-10-09, 09:25
I wouldn't do it on a taxi tbh, The theory is is should use less with gentle driving but in practice that doesn't happen. Also if you have the car mapped for e85 and then get stuck somewhere where you can't get more you screwed because the car won't run properly at all on 95.

The cold start properties of e85 are not great so when you start it in the mornings you'll be holding the revs up for a couple of mins till everything warms up.

And I'm sure your passengers won't be bothered by the smell of alcohol as they approach your cab!:eek:

colm
01-10-09, 21:47
The cold starts can be sorted with some playing. Its takes a little time to get it bang on but you can get it start on the second attempt. You really do need to let it idle for 5-15mins(depending on how cold etc) before you can drive it properly though.
If you have a hand controller(wont with nistune unless you bring around a laptop with you) you can cut back the injector duty a nice bit and fill up on petrol to get you to the next e85 station.

Mine ran better mpg for easy driving after the conversion, but it wasnt mapped properly before the switch so thats not really a fair comparision i suppose. The fact its about 25c a litre cheaper helps even out the difference though :)

irishpaddy
05-10-09, 21:55
is it really a taxi or was that a figure of speech?:D i really really wouldnt use it it its a taxi... you be in maxol perminatly.... for any kind of power you have to use a good bit of it...

Dunnedriftin
05-10-09, 21:59
is it really a taxi or was that a figure of speech?:D i really really wouldnt use it it its a taxi... you be in maxol perminatly.... for any kind of power you have to use a good bit of it...

hes not jokin... its really for a taxi!! haha